X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
    100 mil which is what he'll prob get.
    So if you don't have a number yourself, how would you know what being overpaid is?
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      So if you don't have a number yourself, how would you know what being overpaid is?
      Doesn't it depend on what kind of deal it is? Im not going to say if its too much until I actually see how much it is. It's pretty simple actually.

Comment

Doesn't it depend on what kind of deal it is? Im not going to say if its too much until I actually see how much it is. It's pretty simple actually.
        I don't think you're understanding the question.

I'm simply asking what is overpaid? You said you don't want them to overpay him..so obviously you must have a number. That's all I'm asking.

Comment

I don't think you're understanding the question.

I'm simply asking what is overpaid? You said you don't want them to overpay him..so obviously you must have a number. That's all I'm asking.
          I told you. Anything near the going market rate. Why is this hard to grasp? It doesn't have to be this magic exact number that you want so badly. We do not know if that's what they asked for, but we also don't know if they didn't try asking for it either.

Comment

I told you. Anything near the going market rate. Why is this hard to grasp? It doesn't have to be this magic exact number that you want so badly. We do not know if that's what they asked for, but we also don't know if they didn't try asking for it either.
            Because we don't know for sure if he's asking NEAR the market rate.

We have a tight cap, so it could be much below the market rate but still too much for our taste.

Comment

Because we don't know for sure if he's asking NEAR the market rate.
              ..We've established this already. Whether Cruz leaves or stays our offense will depend on Nicks and how healthy he is. Thats why I think having a guy like Wilson will make a huge difference to the offense's effectiveness. Having another threat that teams have to account for will be huge for us. It'll be up to Gilbride to design creative plays and concepts that will take advantage of his potential. His skills could take the O to another level. Of course, if he ends up being a complete stud for us, it'll be a nightmare trying to keep all this talent in the future. That's why I hope they are smart with how they pay guys like Cruz, should he stay.

Comment

..We've established this already. Whether Cruz leaves or stays our offense will depend on Nicks and how healthy he is. Thats why I think having a guy like Wilson will make a huge difference to the offense's effectiveness. Having another threat that teams have to account for will be huge for us. It'll be up to Gilbride to design creative plays and concepts that will take advantage of his potential. His skills could take the O to another level. Of course, if he ends up being a complete stud for us, it'll be a nightmare trying to keep all this talent in the future. That's why I hope they are smart with how they pay guys like Cruz, should he stay.

Comment

• SHUT YA TRAPS ABOUT CRUZ. he's my boy.

Comment

Comment

• So Rusty, stop avoiding the question and answer it already, what do you think is overpaying for Cruz...give a monetary number.

Saying "near market value" is just a cop out.

Comment

• Anything over 3.5mil a year in guarantees is overpaid...

but I've said before how I feel "skill" positions are overpaid to begin with.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          Anything over 3.5mil a year in guarantees is overpaid...

Id give him 4.5, 5 mill. He deserves it, but we dont have it and he knows that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            Anything over 3.5mil a year in guarantees is overpaid...

3.5 mil a year?
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Id give him 4.5, 5 mill. He deserves it, but we dont have it and he knows that.
                              so your saying like 25 mil guaranteed, which would probably be like a 5 years for 50, 25 guaranteed?

Comment

The comments that I have a problem with are:

1. He's easily replaceable

2. He's just a slot receiver.
                                i despise the slot receiver argument....

its a bull**** argument, production is the key. In this day and age the "X" receivers are a dime a dozen, Cruz is invaluable.

Comment

Working...
                                X