This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
    Tell me about it...sigh, Playstation 4 is coming out soon I payed 600$ for a PS3 seemingly last week (it feels that way really I got it release day) I don't even remember playing more then a few different games on it.

I'm going to wait honestly. I bought a brand new xbox when it came out and I got the red rings. I want to wait for the slimmer, more improved ones with tons of space.

Plus, I rarely get chances of playing these days

Comment

that's what I'm saying it's about form you aren't really supposed to be using much strength, it's a pendulum motion you let the ball swing, that said without the right form you'd rip your arm up so if nobody's there to teach you then forget it :Pthe hook thing, you can make any ball hook...when you throw the ball use a motion with your hand similar to opening up a door knob (or throwing an underhand football spiral)
      Oh, so you don't need a heavy ball? Well that's a relief..just gotta get the technique down.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Oh, so you don't need a heavy ball? Well that's a relief..just gotta get the technique down.
        well, um it's kind of hard to explain.

you don't need a heavy ball for the ball to hook, you need a heavy ball for the pins to all fall down in any consistent fashion, with balls less then 14 pounds you can throw 10 absolutely perfect shots and maybe get lucky if you get 3 strikes out of it.

it's the physics of the situation...your ball deflects off the pins (pins are heavy and very far apart...it doesn't look like it but trust me I've been back there lol) with a light ball even if you do everything right the ball is going to deflect too much for any type of consistently striking shot.

on the bright side, even if you don't throw any strikes and only throw spares you can still throw a 190, spares are more important then strikes....a VERY accurate bowler with a 10-12 pound ball can probably average in the 180's..never gonna get over a 200 average with a light ball though.
        Last edited by DavenIII; 03-15-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• I always use heavy balls for a lot of pins.

When I only need 1 or 2, I go with the light ball. I always feel like it gives me more accuracy.

Comment

well, um it's kind of hard to explain.you don't need a heavy ball for the ball to hook, you need a heavy ball for the pins to all fall down in any consistent fashion, with balls less then 14 pounds you can throw 10 absolutely perfect shots and maybe get lucky if you get 3 strikes out of it.it's the physics of the situation...your ball deflects off the pins (pins are heavy and very far apart...it doesn't look like it but trust me I've been back there lol) with a light ball even if you do everything right the ball is going to deflect too much for any type of consistently striking shot.on the bright side, even if you don't throw any strikes and only throw spares you can still throw a 190, spares are more important then strikes....a VERY accurate bowler with a 10-12 pound ball can probably average in the 180's..never gonna get over a 200 average with a light ball though.
            Gotcha. I'm pretty accurate though

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
              I always use heavy balls for a lot of pins.

When I only need 1 or 2, I go with the light ball. I always feel like it gives me more accuracy.
              this can be a good idea, my spare ball is actually 14 just because, that said a light ball can sometime make you less accurate too because your arm is accustom to a certain weight swinging from it less weight can make you swing to fast and miss your mark...

it's like a baseball bat...a lighter bad can give you more speed sure...but if the pitcher throws a mean changeup you might end up way infront of the pitch where as if you were using a heavier bat you might have gotten a piece.

Comment

• time to head home, see ya next week guys have a good weekend.

Comment

time to head home, see ya next week guys have a good weekend.
                  Bye, you too! Enjoy your balls

Comment

• Enjoy dude.

I love playing Forza now. I want the wheel to use for driving.

Comment

• lol Mokes like a Troll In Central Park on the boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                        lol Mokes like a Troll In Central Park on the boards.
                        Lmaoooo

Comment

• Everyone can relax now. Morehead is back from vaca.

Bowling conversations?...........Really? I'm gone for a week and this is what becomes of our thread.

I love ya Scrappy but spare me. Hahahaha! Get it?....Spare me????
                          I believe in striking while the iron is hot!
                          Hahaha!!!! I did it again.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Everyone can relax now. Morehead is back from vaca.

Bowling conversations?...........Really? I'm gone for a week and this is what becomes of our thread.

How was wherever you went? I forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Everyone can relax now. Morehead is back from vaca.

lol! I'm glad this was the first thing I read this morning,

how was everyone's weekend?

Comment

• Per Mike Garafolo: Kenny Phillips' deal with the Eagles: 1 year, $1.85m; up to another $1m in incentives.
                                not happy about that
                                Last edited by dezzzR; 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X