Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Prometheus? It was interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Anyone see Prometheus? It was interesting.
      It was ok. I got what I expected out of it; mild entertainment.

what pissed me off was random nonsense in scenes like the scientists that were like "let me take my helmet off! seems like air!"....yea ok....

i DID like the very very end when you finally understand what the "Aliens" came from.

I forget....did Stringer Bell bang Charlize? or was it jus a tease? lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        It was ok. I got what I expected out of it; mild entertainment.

what pissed me off was random nonsense in scenes like the scientists that were like "let me take my helmet off! seems like air!"....yea ok....

i DID like the very very end when you finally understand what the "Aliens" came from.

I forget....did Stringer Bell bang Charlize? or was it jus a tease? lol
        Yea Stringa taped that. They didnt show it. Shes gorgeous
        I have a lot of unanswered questions.lol Like that big *** octopus at the end, I know it came from the girl but why an octopus, thought they kind of looked like what they were inside of, in this case a human? And how did the robot take apart that vase like thing when the rest of them started oozing. What was that big *** green gem in the vase room? how did they put a hooka in that guys space suit? Why wouldnt the robot give that girl an abortion when he knew the alien was in her. lol When she ran up to that machine I thought she was going be like "give me an abortion dammit!!!" lmao

yea decent flick i was entertained.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Yea Stringa taped that. They didnt show it. Shes gorgeous
          I have a lot of unanswered questions.lol Like that big *** octopus at the end, I know it came from the girl but why an octopus, thought they kind of looked like what they were inside of, in this case a human? And how did the robot take apart that vase like thing when the rest of them started oozing. What was that big *** green gem in the vase room? how did they put a hooka in that guys space suit? Why wouldnt the robot give that girl an abortion when he knew the alien was in her. lol When she ran up to that machine I thought she was going be like "give me an abortion dammit!!!" lmao

yea decent flick i was entertained.
          my understanding of the "Aliens" universe is that everything revolves around hybrid breeding or w/e.....like, not necessarily through impregnating, but....example....that dude gets infected, knocks up wifey, and now she's the one prego with the OCTO-ALIEMZ. lol....

And of course the end with the "standard" black alien coming from the hybrid of the ancient and that homeworld alien.

Honestly, I feel like when they make sci-fi movies the writers are just like "listen....it doesnt HAVE to make sense...ok?" lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Idris Elbin gets some pretty cool American movie roles.

I thought he was B.A. in Thor as that gatekeeper, although I didn't really like that movie in general.

You ever watch him be his super-british self in his show Luther? Pretty decent crime show in the UK
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
              I had a nice post written up JP and this ****ing mb lost it all....I have a high end taste when it comes to guitars...Martin puts out some low end stuff...maybe look at some used stuff......I had quite a few different guitars over the years and only a couple that I feel in love with right from the first touch.....that's what I look for... crazy? maybe if you love what your playing on it will show in your music ...HPL 700.00 range Mahogany
              Martin puts out low end stuff? How much is low end?
              Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• after reading Byron's post, I've found some used Martin's for 300-500. im not even an amateur at this stuff let alone an expert, so i have no idea what im looking at =\
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  600.00 /1500.00 when they average maybe 4/5 thousand on the higher end......Its pretty hard to beat the martin for sound /quality....Taylor maybe I don't know much about them ....Idk rosey in 73 I paid 500 for a year old used Les Paul....I have an old univox acoustic I paid 175.00 for in around 1970 ....6 to a1000 doesn't seem bad for a Martin...and its the way I would go they hold their value In some cases increase in value.....There is plenty of stuff out there for far less and descent quality you got to put them in your hand find one you like no matter what the price...If you like it you like it....that being said spending a grand on a guitar for most of us is a lot of dough...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                    that being said spending a grand on a guitar for most of us is a lot of dough...
                    EFFF THAT
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Steve Weatherford tweeted me. That is all.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        I think there is one that goes for somewhere near $600.00.
                        You a guitar player Rosie?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          Steve Weatherford tweeted me. That is all.
                          Did he say he was going to pump you with his steel chest?

Comment

after reading Byron's post, I've found some used Martin's for 300-500. im not even an amateur at this stuff let alone an expert, so i have no idea what im looking at =\
                            If you're finding used Martin guitars for that amount...jump on them. Martin is great stuff. The lower end stuff isn't built as well but the tone is usually very good.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                              Did he say he was going to pump you with his steel chest?
                              Lol no, I wish. Here is the tweet I sent, and his response: @Weatherford5: “@Tahlyadotcom: Definitely gonna pass my quiz on this #weatherfordwednesday @Weatherford5”Don't pass it.... Ace that thing!!!
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

after reading Byron's post, I've found some used Martin's for 300-500. im not even an amateur at this stuff let alone an expert, so i have no idea what im looking at =\
                                I've seen some on ebay and such thing to do Jp is check them out look up the model numbers on martin's site get a feel for the retail on said guitar.... Guitar center is another place to look at prices....Man 'll tell ya there is nothing worst than a guitar that won't tune properly for all positions ...if I can tune a guitar and play for the most part anywhere on that neck without a **** load of tweaking its a beginning if it has a big sound good chance I'm interested I'm talking acoustic here .....I have a takamine acoustic /electric sounds great plugged in absolutely sucks imo unplugged.. I'm no expert either JP I'm just fussy about the sound I get....If I'm going to buy one it has to past my test.....hope I make some sense.. shop around you could pick up a gem for cheap

Comment

Working...
                                X