This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Im a bit confused by what happened and Im not really a golfer. What was it, 2 feet or 2 yards? Dont they put quarters down to mark the spot? Why not make the rule you have to put the ball exactly where it was? I herd there was something with the scoring card or something as well.
    Can someone actually explain why a scoring card is even needed? lol

The PGA is pretty heavily montired obviouisly. Whats with the BS formality of a score card? lol

Can you imagine if Eli Manning had to log his yardage after every pass? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Im a bit confused by what happened and Im not really a golfer. What was it, 2 feet or 2 yards? Dont they put quarters down to mark the spot? Why not make the rule you have to put the ball exactly where it was? I herd there was something with the scoring card or something as well.
      Not in this case. He hit his third shot in the water. (BTW it was a horrible break, he hit the pin and it bounced back into the water). So he has 2 options. He can drop the ball back where he hit from (coming as close as possible to the spot he hit from, now hitting his 5th shot (3rd shot plus penalty for hitting into a water hazard) or he can take the spot where it enetered the hazard, and he can go back as far as he wants, keeping the point of entry between him and the pin. He chose option 1, but was confused and moved 2 yards back to give himself a better yardage. He then hit a nice shot and made 6. But not dropping as close as possible to the previous spot was a 2 stroke violation.

Now.....He signed his scorecard giving him a 6 on that hole, where he really made an 8. signing an incorrect scorecard is a DQ. There is a new rule from 2 years ago where the committee can review and has discretion. All because fans call in to point out a rule question. The committee realized that Tiger had violated the rule when they heard his interview saying that he played his 5th shot 2 yards back from the original shot. And that he did it intentionally.
      The new rulke SHOULD NOT protect him there since he intentionally dropped it further back.
      He should have DQ'd himself once he realized this after he signed his scorecard. If he had dropped it 2 yards behind thinking he was at the original spot, the new rule would protect him. But he admitted that he did it intentionally.
      I essence, Tiger cheated, and the Masters for some reason (really trying to save from embarressment) allowed it. At that point, Tiger should have DQ'd himself despite the committee's position.

In my view... he's a stinking cheater. those who don't understand the self-policing nature of golf would not understand.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Can someone actually explain why a scoring card is even needed? lol

The PGA is pretty heavily montired obviouisly. Whats with the BS formality of a score card? lol

Can you imagine if Eli Manning had to log his yardage after every pass? lol
        Because golf is different. You must sign an accurate scorecard for your score to count.
        In golf, you are responsible to police yourself. If you accidentally hit your ball and move it an inch and no one sees it, you MUST call it on yourself. Its a game of absolute honor.

In other words, golf is better than any sport. If for no other reason than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Because golf is different. You must sign an accurate scorecard for your score to count.
          In golf, you are responsible to police yourself. If you accidentally hit your ball and move it an inch and no one sees it, you MUST call it on yourself. Its a game of absolute honor.

In other words, golf is better than any sport. If for no other reason than this.
          Golf isn't a sport. It's an old man hobby.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Not in this case. He hit his third shot in the water. (BTW it was a horrible break, he hit the pin and it bounced back into the water). So he has 2 options. He can drop the ball back where he hit from (coming as close as possible to the spot he hit from, now hitting his 5th shot (3rd shot plus penalty for hitting into a water hazard) or he can take the spot where it enetered the hazard, and he can go back as far as he wants, keeping the point of entry between him and the pin. He chose option 1, but was confused and moved 2 yards back to give himself a better yardage. He then hit a nice shot and made 6. But not dropping as close as possible to the previous spot was a 2 stroke violation.

Now.....He signed his scorecard giving him a 6 on that hole, where he really made an 8. signing an incorrect scorecard is a DQ. There is a new rule from 2 years ago where the committee can review and has discretion. All because fans call in to point out a rule question. The committee realized that Tiger had violated the rule when they heard his interview saying that he played his 5th shot 2 yards back from the original shot. And that he did it intentionally.
            The new rulke SHOULD NOT protect him there since he intentionally dropped it further back.
            He should have DQ'd himself once he realized this after he signed his scorecard. If he had dropped it 2 yards behind thinking he was at the original spot, the new rule would protect him. But he admitted that he did it intentionally.
            I essence, Tiger cheated, and the Masters for some reason (really trying to save from embarressment) allowed it. At that point, Tiger should have DQ'd himself despite the committee's position.

In my view... he's a stinking cheater. those who don't understand the self-policing nature of golf would not understand.
            oh we get it, but common sense would tell you that he shouldn't of been DQ'd. ESPECIALLY since the video was first referred by the officials and saw nothing wrong wtih it. The only reason he got caught was because in a post interview he said he did it not knowing the rules.

#Tiger4President
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

• I've never been able to choose which i hate more. Golf or Tennis? I mean, at least tennis requires athletic ability, so I'm cool with that. Both should be beanned from television though.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

yea so like Pizzleback stated, a bull**** formality

Comment

I've never been able to choose which i hate more. Golf or Tennis? I mean, at least tennis requires athletic ability, so I'm cool with that. Both should be beanned from television though.
                  Golf ain't bad to watch actually....

Comment

• Lol A man in about his 50's with his hat on backwards just walked in "YOOOOO where can I get a bath, where can I get a bath! Can I take a bath right here?!!!!."

Dumbfounded I just responded " uhhh no??" Then he left all pissed off, "al right buddy just trying to make your day" lmao. what the hell just happened?

Comment

Lol A man in about his 50's with his hat on backwards just walked in "YOOOOO where can I get a bath, where can I get a bath! Can I take a bath right here?!!!!."

Dumbfounded I just responded " uhhh no??" Then he left all pissed off, "al right buddy just trying to make your day" lmao. what the hell just happened?
                      those are the worst kind of people........

I hate people who TRY to be funny, even though they know they likely arent. And then they get all gloomy when youre not on their stupid level. really??
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

those are the worst kind of people........

I hate people who TRY to be funny, even though they know they likely arent. And then they get all gloomy when youre not on their stupid level. really??

ohhh... he was attempting to be funny?

Comment

A man with a club isnt going to police himself, but a bunch of men with clubs (hockey) will police themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                            oh we get it, but common sense would tell you that he shouldn't of been DQ'd. ESPECIALLY since the video was first referred by the officials and saw nothing wrong wtih it. The only reason he got caught was because in a post interview he said he did it not knowing the rules.

#Tiger4President
                            You don't get it Matt. They reviewed before he signed his card but they thought that Tiger had made a good faith effort to drop "as close to the previous shot". But it was only when Tiger said in an interview that he intentionally dropped it 2 yards back to give himself a better yardage. In other words, they believed that Tiger knew the rule and did his best to abide by it. But he didn't.

THAT IS THE VIOLATION! They couldn't know if he did it intentionally until he admitted it on national TV. Once he admitted that he violated the rule, and was made aware by the committee, he should have DQ'd himself. he didn't break the rule on purpose, but he forgot the rule (or was clearly confused because he considered dropping behind the point of entry in the hazard where you ARE allowed to go back as far as you want).
                            In golf, not knowing the rule is the same as violating the rule intentionally.
                            You MUST call any violation on yourself. Its the way golf is conducted.
                            Last edited by Morehead State; 04-15-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

#Tiger4President
                              edit I read that wrong. I thought he admitted to knowing it was wrong. In that case its worse imo

Comment

ohhh... he was attempting to be funny?
                                yeaa i think so. Hope I didnt know the guy or something. He didnt look familiar

Comment

Working...
                                X