Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    A man with a club isnt going to police himself, but a bunch of men with clubs (hockey) will police themselves.
    If you aren't willing to call things on yourself, play another game.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      You don't get it Matt. They reviewed before he signed his card but they thought that Tiger had made a good faith effort to drop "as close to the previous shot". But it was only when Tiger said in an interview that he intentionally dropped it 2 yards back to give himself a better yardage. In other words, they believed that Tiger knew the rule and did his best to abide by it. But he didn't.

      THAT IS THE VIOLATION! They couldn't know if he did it intentionally until he admitted it on national TV. Once he admitted that he violated the rule, and was made aware by the committee, he should have DQ'd himself. he didn't break the rule on purpose, but he forgot the rule (or was clearly confused because he considered dropping behind the point of entry in the hazard where you ARE allowed to go back as far as you want).
      In golf, not knowing the rule is the same as violating the rule intentionally.
      You MUST call any violation on yourself. Its the way golf is conducted.
      LMAO he's not gonna DQ himself. When you get pulled over, do you say "yes, actually, i do know why you pulled me over. I was going 30 over the speed limit. should i just surrender my license to you?"

      Millions of dollars are on the line, and his less than stellar reputation. Isn't it good enough for you that he already incriminated himself by saying he didnt know the rule?
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        If you aren't willing to call things on yourself, play another game.
        Maybe there should be a ref in progolf. To expect honesty from every individual is futile MH. It would be nice but its not reality

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Maybe there should be a ref in progolf. To expect honesty from every individual is futile MH. It would be nice but its not reality
          Yea, doesnt make much sense to me. I mean there are officials....a governing body...they are all on tv all the time....why are we relying on the players. I'm not sure why MH expects these players to be inherently good, when he himself is inherently evil! lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            LMAO he's not gonna DQ himself. When you get pulled over, do you say "yes, actually, i do know why you pulled me over. I was going 30 over the speed limit. should i just surrender my license to you?"

            Millions of dollars are on the line, and his less than stellar reputation. Isn't it good enough for you that he already incriminated himself by saying he didnt know the rule?
            You can't compare golf to anything else. there are no refs. You are responsible to call any violations on yourself, even if no one else sees it.
            You understand this before you enter any tournament. All players agree to it and understand it going in.
            Golf is about honestly. You don't hold when the ref's not looking. You don't try to bend the rules for your benefit. This is why all kids should play golf. Its a great life education. It helps make kids trustworthy.
            "Character" is what you do when no one is looking. Golf is the epitome of this.
            You can't compare it to other sports in this respect. You can't compare it to any other aspect of life. Non golfers have a hard time grasping it and they constantly make comparisons to other sports. These are moot points.
            I am telling you this because I have played golf for 45 years. If you don't play it, and play it the way its supposed to be played. (and some don't) I guess you just can't understand it.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Yea, doesnt make much sense to me. I mean there are officials....a governing body...they are all on tv all the time....why are we relying on the players. I'm not sure why MH expects these players to be inherently good, when he himself is inherently evil! lol
              Its not what I expect. Its what every player agrees to.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Maybe there should be a ref in progolf. To expect honesty from every individual is futile MH. It would be nice but its not reality
                I have played with guys who cheat. they are usually disgraced. And no one wants to play with them. I know a pro who was caught cheating and he can't get entry in local tournaments.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  You can't compare golf to anything else. there are no refs. You are responsible to call any violations on yourself, even if no one else sees it.
                  You understand this before you enter any tournament. All players agree to it and understand it going in.
                  Golf is about honestly. You don't hold when the ref's not looking. You don't try to bend the rules for your benefit. This is why all kids should play golf. Its a great life education. It helps make kids trustworthy.
                  "Character" is what you do when no one is looking. Golf is the epitome of this.
                  You can't compare it to other sports in this respect. You can't compare it to any other aspect of life. Non golfers have a hard time grasping it and they constantly make comparisons to other sports. These are moot points.
                  I am telling you this because I have played golf for 45 years. If you don't play it, and play it the way its supposed to be played. (and some don't) I guess you just can't understand it.
                  I golfed as a youngin' and I liked it for a little bit....but I hated how intense other people were about it. They treated it like life and death, and to me it was a stupid game to play in the heat. I generally don't like the people who play golf. they are all the same lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • You guys would be surprised how often pro golfers give up tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars by calling violations on themselves.
                    Brian Davis called a violation on hislef at the Heritage that cost him winning the tournamant. No one would have known id he didn't call it on himself. Greg Norman called on on himself and DQ'd himself from a tournament several years ago.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      I have played with guys who cheat. they are usually disgraced. And no one wants to play with them. I know a pro who was caught cheating and he can't get entry in local tournaments.
                      Well thats a good thing, but on the national stage like the Masters theres more at stake. Are you really against a ref on each hole or for each player at the professional level? The guys that play with you who cheated may be banned but a guy like Tiger, nothing will happen, maybe a fine. The media and golf enthusiasts will have their opinions but thats it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Well thats a good thing, but on the national stage like the Masters theres more at stake. Are you really against a ref on each hole or for each player at the professional level? The guys that play with you who cheated may be banned but a guy like Tiger, nothing will happen, maybe a fine. The media and golf enthusiasts will have their opinions but thats it.
                        In terms of popularity and exposure, golf is the bottom of the barrell...does anyone think the PGA is going to do ANYTHING to jeopardize the the reputations of one of their star players? Not a ****ing chance. If anything they should be changing their model to attract more attention to the game with a positive spin. I'd be a good target group. There's nothing interesting to me about PGA golf, or golf in general. do you think I'd watch it knowing the superstars were being banned and DQd? lol, i dont think so, TIM!!
                        Last edited by JPizzack; 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • New York Giants WR Victor Cruz not in Attendance at Team's Offseason Program

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            In terms of popularity and exposure, golf is the bottom of the barrell...does anyone think the PGA is going to do ANYTHING to jeopardize the the reputations of one of their star players? Not a ****ing chance. If anything they should be changing their model to attract more attention to the game with a positive spin. I'd be a good target group. There's nothing interesting to me about PGA golf, or gold in general. do you think I'd watch it knowing the superstars were being banned and DQd? lol, i dont think so, TIM!!
                            hmmm I dont know. Its an international sport.
                            No flipping way.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              hmmm I dont know. Its an international sport.
                              No flipping way.
                              that's only kind of accurate. Because it's not like THAT many people play in the PGA.

                              why are we even talking about this? holy ****.

                              draft is SOOOOOON!!
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • What the hell is a PGA? Sounds massively boring.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X