Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I have no love of guns. I've never owned one and probably never will.Having said that the problems with violence in this country are not caused by the availability of guns. Its caused by the degradation of our society and the crappy job today's parents are doing.A short but concise Morehead rant.
    I get tha and I agree! But to "one up" the government by telling people to walk the streets with loaded rifles is just going to make things worse.
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      I get tha and I agree! But to "one up" the government by telling people to walk the streets with loaded rifles is just going to make things worse.
      Probably not going to help.
      But you have to understand the culture here. We are northeasterners and we don't have the same culture. Guns are part of their lives since they are born. They are almost exclusively responsible gun owners and don't want the government treading on it.
      And trust me, there are many in government who would vote tomorrow to ban all guns in this country. We can argue as to whether or not thats a good or bad thing, but it IS true.

      Essentially, this focus on guns after Newtown is missing the real point. And it WILL cause some to overreact.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Probably not going to help.But you have to understand the culture here. We are northeasterners and we don't have the same culture. Guns are part of their lives since they are born. They are almost exclusively responsible gun owners and don't want the government treading on it.And trust me, there are many in government who would vote tomorrow to ban all guns in this country. We can argue as to whether or not thats a good or bad thing, but it IS true.Essentially, this focus on guns after Newtown is missing the real point. And it WILL cause some to overreact.
        Here is my thing. I don't think guns should be illegal. Marijuanna is illegal and it's everywhere lol. However I'm a little vexed as to why people need 449299202002 guns in their homes.
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          Here is my thing. I don't think guns should be illegal. Marijuanna is illegal and it's everywhere lol. However I'm a little vexed as to why people need 449299202002 guns in their homes.
          It doesn't matter if you or anyone else understands it.
          The great thing about a constitutional right, is that you don't have to explain to anyone why you are exercising it.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            that sounds like a ******ed amount of money regardless of your wage, lol
            Eh, you've never spent $100 for 2 people?

            My wage is like $14 an hour so I guess 1 day* was more accurate.

            After taxes, working 8 hours.. that's around that.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Moke View Post
              Eh, you've never spent $100 for 2 people?

              My wage is like $14 an hour so I guess 1 day* was more accurate.

              After taxes, working 8 hours.. that's around that.
              ok, I take it back....$100 is still kinda pricey for any kind of food lol
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                It doesn't matter if you or anyone else understands it.
                The great thing about a constitutional right, is that you don't have to explain to anyone why you are exercising it.
                I'm tired of the gun control debate.....not because I personally have anything against guns, but because I don't understand what the big ****ing deal is.

                Why would anyone argue that a tougher process in obtaining one is a bad thing? Your right, fine? But if you want it, prove it....

                I'm a smoker. When i started smoking, a pack was $4, and has increased multiple times. over $10 in PK. They tax the **** out of it. The government says "have whatever you want. We don't WANT you to smoke because it's not healthy, but if you REALLY want to smoke, then prove it and shell out the money for these ridiculous ****ing things...."

                Keep your guns...who ****ing cares? Not me

                If someone has nothing to hide on background checks, then they have nothing to worry about. If you **** up, sorry, but you lost your right to own a weapon.

                During the filibuster, this mofo was sitting there saying "Having tougher background checks won't matter. Criminals don't go through background checks to get guns, because they steal them."
                SO let me get this straight ...WE HAVE LAWS that say stealing anything is obviously illegal, but criminals dont obey those laws obviously...so should we just not have those laws either???

                These are ELECTED OFFICAILS....people PAID BY US to make and amend laws, and they sit there saying "Ehh what the point of laws? People are going to just break them anyway, this is stupid!"

                Why does nobody talk about that??
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Here is my thing. I don't think guns should be illegal. Marijuanna is illegal and it's everywhere lol. However I'm a little vexed as to why people need 449299202002 guns in their homes.
                  Just gonna throw this out there......

                  People wouldn't need guns at all if everyone just smoked some weed lol

                  CANT WE ALL JUST GET ABONG!!?!?!!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Here is my thing. I don't think guns should be illegal. Marijuanna is illegal and it's everywhere lol. However I'm a little vexed as to why people need 449299202002 guns in their homes.
                    they are gun collectors Rudy they love the differences from one gun maker to the next they just collect the same as people collect cars or antiques....I have one gun I used to hunt when I was younger.. its a common thing up here to hunt....Idk.. I'd bet there is a gun in every household on my street and beyond.. I know several a gun collectors.... we are not shooting at each other in fact I don't remember the last time anyone was shot up here.....it just doesn't happen very often....marching on DC with guns seems a bit stupid and maybe even a bit crazy...jmo....guns and crazy don't mix good

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      Just gonna throw this out there......

                      People wouldn't need guns at all if everyone just smoked some weed lol

                      CANT WE ALL JUST GET ABONG!!?!?!!
                      ha I guess it a mind set for the most guns up here are owned for hunting more so than protection....Idk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        ok, I take it back....$100 is still kinda pricey for any kind of food lol
                        That's what I'm saying... I better be getting in her clam bar for that haha

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by byron View Post
                          ha I guess it a mind set for the most guns up here are owned for hunting more so than protection....Idk
                          in most of NY if you put "Protection" as a reason to get a pistol, there's a 99% chance you wont, and wont ever pass your background check.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            I'm tired of the gun control debate.....not because I personally have anything against guns, but because I don't understand what the big ****ing deal is.

                            Why would anyone argue that a tougher process in obtaining one is a bad thing? Your right, fine? But if you want it, prove it....

                            I'm a smoker. When i started smoking, a pack was $4, and has increased multiple times. over $10 in PK. They tax the **** out of it. The government says "have whatever you want. We don't WANT you to smoke because it's not healthy, but if you REALLY want to smoke, then prove it and shell out the money for these ridiculous ****ing things...."

                            Keep your guns...who ****ing cares? Not me

                            If someone has nothing to hide on background checks, then they have nothing to worry about. If you **** up, sorry, but you lost your right to own a weapon.

                            During the filibuster, this mofo was sitting there saying "Having tougher background checks won't matter. Criminals don't go through background checks to get guns, because they steal them."
                            SO let me get this straight ...WE HAVE LAWS that say stealing anything is obviously illegal, but criminals dont obey those laws obviously...so should we just not have those laws either???

                            These are ELECTED OFFICAILS....people PAID BY US to make and amend laws, and they sit there saying "Ehh what the point of laws? People are going to just break them anyway, this is stupid!"

                            Why does nobody talk about that??
                            hell we don't even lock our house here....there is an old saying a lock will only keep an honest man out... a crock will break the ****ing window then I got to fix the damn thing ...now where the law come in of coarse is when and if they catch the crock he is rightfully punished.....I hear what you are saying JP... tough background checks for sure....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              in most of NY if you put "Protection" as a reason to get a pistol, there's a 99% chance you wont, and wont ever pass your background check.
                              well its a tough situation different parts of the country have different problems with guns.....up here you'll here more about poaching /hunting out of season rather than people getting shot .....idk I'm not sure how I would react if I was told to turn in my gun in then again I'm not real worried about that happening hell I've had it for years I doubt its even registered didn't have all these laws back then ...there must be mils of guns out there like that

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by byron View Post
                                they are gun collectors Rudy they love the differences from one gun maker to the next they just collect the same as people collect cars or antiques....I have one gun I used to hunt when I was younger.. its a common thing up here to hunt....Idk.. I'd bet there is a gun in every household on my street and beyond.. I know several a gun collectors.... we are not shooting at each other in fact I don't remember the last time anyone was shot up here.....it just doesn't happen very often....marching on DC with guns seems a bit stupid and maybe even a bit crazy...jmo....guns and crazy don't mix good
                                I see. Since you're awesome and everything, I wouldn't suspect you wouldn't need them for anything other than antiques. But 70 guns for "protection"? Uh....k.
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X