X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    what was his reasoning again? i forget
    My reasoning is that the HOF is for players who were "great". Not "very good" for a long time, therefore accumulating stats that appear better than they are.
    That's why guys like Namath and Gayle Sayers are in the Hall, and guys like Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testeverde are not.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      My reasoning is that the HOF is for players who were "great". Not "very good" for a long time, therefore accumulating stats that appear better than they are.
      That's why guys like Namath and Gayle Sayers are in the Hall, and guys like Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testeverde are not.
      who the hell would ever vote for bledsoe and testeverde?? Joe namath belongs in the same sentence as them.

I'm sitting next to a jets fan currently at work "I ask, hey, bud....is Joe Namath really a HOF worthy QB?"

and he says "That's a really good question. I think because he directly tied to the first AFL superbowl win....but by today's standard of being the best of the best, no probably not. But we're still proud of it regardless"
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Joe Namath was great.
        He wasn't just great. He was tremendously great.
        Watch him play and them tell me otherwise. You can quote all the stats you want but that guy was one of the best QB's who ever lived.
        Geeet real man. He cant even hold Unitis jock strap.
        He was QB of the first team to win the superbowl. THATS why hes in. He threw for 4000 just once only threw over 3000 3 times, His completion rating was never above 52%, only had ONE season with more TD than INTS, your biggest pet peev, lol youre so full of it.
        Going by your standards, hes meeeh...meeehhh doesnt get you into the hall.
        Hed make a great back up today......I guess, if he was lucky
        Last edited by dezzzR; 05-10-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Hmm...can you be truly "great" with average to below average stats? And not trying to change the subject, but the Rangers are going to lose tonight.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I hope the Rangers win so bad that Rudy cries a river.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              Hmm...can you be truly "great" with average to below average stats? And not trying to change the subject, but the Rangers are going to lose tonight.
              I will drop kick you

Comment

• She's a devils fan, she's just so m@dddddddd

Comment

• I am nervous. The last minutes of the last 2 games were nail biters. I get so nervous I love it. lol

Comment

• ****, now I'm upset I am missing it. I might dropkick my girlfriend for getting movie tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      I will drop kick you
                      All you Rangers fans are creaming your pants over nothing..JUST LIKE LAST YEAR WHEN THE DEVILS WHOOPED YALL *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                        She's a devils fan, she's just so m@dddddddd
                        Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Geeet real man. He cant even hold Unitis jock strap.
                          He was QB of the first team to win the superbowl. THATS why hes in. He threw for 4000 just once only threw over 3000 3 times, His completion rating was never above 52%, only had ONE season with more TD than INTS, your biggest pet peev, lol youre so full of it.
                          Going by your standards, hes meeeh...meeehhh doesnt get you into the hall.
                          Hed make a great back up today......I guess, if he was lucky
                          You never saw him play. Nor did Piz (if he's a different person than you) I also doubt that Pizz Jets fan friend ever saw him play either.
                          You guys have no friggin idea what you're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            who the hell would ever vote for bledsoe and testeverde?? Joe namath belongs in the same sentence as them.

I'm sitting next to a jets fan currently at work "I ask, hey, bud....is Joe Namath really a HOF worthy QB?"

and he says "That's a really good question. I think because he directly tied to the first AFL superbowl win....but by today's standard of being the best of the best, no probably not. But we're still proud of it regardless"
                            Some dolts who would look at career stats might think that the #7 and #10 all time NFL passers should be in the Hall.
                            But WE have seen them play and know they aren't HOF material.
                            But those who haven't (like those who haven't seen Namath play) wouldn't have any friggin idea except to look at stats.

Comment

You never saw him play. Nor did Piz (if he's a different person than you) I also doubt that Pizz Jets fan friend ever saw him play either.
                              You guys have no friggin idea what you're talking about.
                              With stats like that Im glad I didnt.

Comment

Some dolts who would look at career stats might think that the #7 and #10 all time NFL passers should be in the Hall.
                                But WE have seen them play and know they aren't HOF material.
                                But those who haven't (like those who haven't seen Namath play) wouldn't have any friggin idea except to look at stats.
                                Everything you rip Eli for is 10x worse regarding Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X