This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I feel that you were trying to tell us something.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
      I hate all articles of clothing that are brownthank god I don't live in cleveland
      lol
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

They all know the game Dezz.
        Being a HC is about a heck of a lot more than that.
        yea, I dont know if I'd like that if I were a fan.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Thats not true at all MH

I'll start with Casey Stengel
          Phil Jackson, Joe Torre, Lenny Wilkins, Ditka, Larry Bird was ok, Dan Reeves, Don Shula, **** Nolan, Herm Edwards, Tom Landry, Lou Piniella, the list goes on and on and on.
          None of those people were what Messier was to hockey with the exception of Bird....i would argue his coaching tenure was rather unimpressive to be honest.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Don't taint the Messier legacy

Comment

Thats not true at all MH

I'll start with Casey Stengel
              Phil Jackson, Joe Torre, Lenny Wilkins, Ditka, Larry Bird was ok, Dan Reeves, Don Shula, **** Nolan, Herm Edwards, Tom Landry, Lou Piniella, the list goes on and on and on.
              I didn't say players Dezz. I said great players.
              I watched Phil Jackson play for years when Marv Albert referred to him as Phil "Action" Jackson. He was far from a great player.
              You make a decent point about Lenny Wilkins, Torre and Larry but the other guys were not great players at all.

Usually, former players who had to overcome being less talented by paying the price with hard work through the system are in a better position to coach players.
              Guys like Tommy Lasorda, Tito, Tom Coughlin etc... make better HC's or managers. The guys who had great talent by definition find it easier to excel and often have a difficult time coaching players who don't have the same talent.

Its not always true, but it usually is.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                None of those people were what Messier was to hockey with the exception of Bird....i would argue his coaching tenure was rather unimpressive to be honest.
                Many of those people were just as good as Mess at what they did. Messier rep blew up because he won a cup with the Rangers, something that hadnt been done since 1940.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                  Your post was blank.

Comment

Many of those people were just as good as Mess at what they did. Messier rep blew up because he won a cup with the Rangers, something that hadnt been done since 1940.
                    What? He won 5 Cups in Edmonton, including one after Gretsky left.

Comment

Your post was blank.
                      It was a jpg image, weird. I can see it.

Can anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                        It was a jpg image, weird. I can see it.

Can anyone else?
                        Really? Its blank on my screen.

Comment

What? He won 5 Cups in Edmonton, including one after Gretsky left.
                          Yea but he was still in Gretskys and Kurris shadow when he left. He got popular once he won in NY

Comment

Yea but he was still in Gretskys and Kurris shadow when he left. He got popular once he won in NY
                            You have no friggin idea what you are talking about.
                            Messier was a superstar after just a few years in the league.
                            All the Rangers experience did was cap an already great career.

Comment

Really? Its blank on my screen.
                              Yeah. It's just a meme about Torts

Comment

You have no friggin idea what you are talking about.
                                Messier was a superstar after just a few years in the league.
                                All the Rangers experience did was cap an already great career.
                                Never said he wasnt MH. I said his rep blew up when he won in NY. Who the hell even knows where Edmonton is?

Comment

Working...
                                X