This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Many of those people were just as good as Mess at what they did. Messier rep blew up because he won a cup with the Rangers, something that hadnt been done since 1940.
    dude, I'm not nearly a big a rangers fan as most of you on here, and I know for a fact you just DOWNPLAYED Mark Messier. I mean have you ever looked at this guy statistically? He was one of the best in the game before even being a blue shirt.

You arent #2 on the all-time points list by being some random guy who was made popular by winning in NY....

wtf is wrong with you, man??
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      You have no friggin idea what you are talking about.
      Messier was a superstar after just a few years in the league.
      All the Rangers experience did was cap an already great career.
      yea, Dezz has no credibility with this, and I'm not even a huge hockey fan.....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Never said he wasnt MH. I said his rep blew up when he won in NY. Who the hell even knows where Edmonton is?
        wow man.....The Great One/Messier combo was the most dominant force in NHL history....anyone who watches hockey should know all this....

the 2 averaged like a combined 110 goals a year or something ****ing insane
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          wow man.....The Great One/Messier combo was the most dominant force in NHL history....anyone who watches hockey should know all this....

the 2 averaged like a combined 110 goals a year or something ****ing insane
          That wasnt the combo chief. It was Gretzky and Kurri.

Comment

dude, I'm not nearly a big a rangers fan as most of you on here, and I know for a fact you just DOWNPLAYED Mark Messier. I mean have you ever looked at this guy statistically? He was one of the best in the game before even being a blue shirt.

You arent #2 on the all-time points list by being some random guy who was made popular by winning in NY....

wtf is wrong with you, man??
            Re read my post. Youre just as bad as MH. I said his rep blew up once he won here, in the biggest sports market in the world.

Comment

• yo messier amazing, WTF U SAYIN BRAH

Comment

Re read my post. Youre just as bad as MH. I said his rep blew up once he won here, in the biggest sports market in the world.
                I'm also smart enough to know that NY is not exactly driving the popularity of the NHL. It just brought new fans to the forefront, imo....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

That wasnt the combo chief. It was Gretzky and Kurri.
                  Again...You have no idea what you're talking about.
                  Kurri was just a goal scorer. he was a one way player. Messier was one of the best two way players that ever lived.

And you're forgetting Paul Coffey BTW.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Never said he wasnt MH. I said his rep blew up when he won in NY. Who the hell even knows where Edmonton is?
                    That's just not the way it was Dezz.

I'm sorry. You're full of crap on this one.
                    If anything the thing that brought Messier final appreciation as a superstar was winning the 5th Cup without Gretzky. But he was one of the top 3 or 4 players in the NHL long before that.

I suppose if you were a very casual hockey fan from NY you might think that, but for any real NHL fan, you couldn't be more wrong.

Comment

That's just not the way it was Dezz.

I'm sorry. You're full of crap on this one.
                      If anything the thing that brought Messier final appreciation as a superstar was winning the 5th Cup without Gretzky. But he was one of the top 3 or 4 players in the NHL long before that.

I suppose if you were a very casual hockey fan from NY you might think that, but for any real NHL fan, you couldn't be more wrong.
                      the whole "Who the hell knows where Edmonton is!?" comment is what sealed it for me....like are you ****ing kidding??! if you like hockey, the 80s edmonton teams were like the chicago bulls of the 90s!! lol
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

the whole "Who the hell knows where Edmonton is!?" comment is what sealed it for me....like are you ****ing kidding??! if you like hockey, the 80s edmonton teams were like the chicago bulls of the 90s!! lol
                        Dez is just a tad confused.

Comment

Again...You have no idea what you're talking about.
                          Kurri was just a goal scorer. he was a one way player. Messier was one of the best two way players that ever lived.

And you're forgetting Paul Coffey BTW.
                          lol ok then what was gretzky? YOU have no clue what youre talking about.

Comment

lol ok then what was gretzky? YOU have no clue what youre talking about.
                            Well it was the name of my son-in-law's cat.

Oh yeah....he played hockey too.

Not sure what you're asking.

Comment

• I'm coming around to Pizz's point of view. TAGF is becoming a friggin nightmare. You can't just talk about football honestly anymore.
                              There are these crazy Cultists and stalkers who pounce on anyone who even dares to suggest that Eli isn't the greatest player in the league and isn't a lock for the hall.
                              They jump into these threads calling everyone haters and threads always end up getting locked.

The friggin MB's are becoming a nightmare. Its supposed to be discussions about football. I guess there's nothing the Mod's can do about it. But the very reason I joined the MB, .....being able to talk about the Giants when I live far from NY, is now pretty much gone. Now I just have to live with these friggin punks.

The Giants MB was once a good place. This is no longer true.

Comment

Well it was the name of my son-in-law's cat.

Oh yeah....he played hockey too.

Not sure what you're asking.
                                lol I think he's trying to say Gretzky was just a goal scorer. Even though he led the league in assists for like 15 seasons. no big deal.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X