This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    lol I think he's trying to say Gretzky was just a goal scorer. Even though he led the league in assists for like 15 seasons. no big deal.
    Gretsky was a playmaker. He wasn't just a goal scorer. He was a hyper dynamic player. No he didn't back check, and he spent a lot of time circling the blue line, but that's why Messier was so important to that team.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Gretsky was a playmaker. He wasn't just a goal scorer. He was a hyper dynamic player. No he didn't back check, and he spent a lot of time circling the blue line, but that's why Messier was so important to that team.
      sometimes you need finesse....sometimes you need brute physical force.....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Living in New York is going to get much more expensive

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Living in New York is going to get much more expensive
          It's something I've dealt with my entire life. I think I just kinda of expect it to continue at this point.

btw....your posts like this are so stupid. what kind of general statement is that?? What are you even talking about that prompted it??
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It's something I've dealt with my entire life. I think I just kinda of expect it to continue at this point.

btw....your posts like this are so stupid. what kind of general statement is that?? What are you even talking about that prompted it??
            It's just what I've been thinking about.The thought of graduation and **** next year makes me worried about living in New York

Comment

It's just what I've been thinking about.The thought of graduation and **** next year makes me worried about living in New York
              Well...you staying down there or you planning on going wherever a job takes ya?
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Well...you staying down there or you planning on going wherever a job takes ya?
                For now, New York. Was talking to my mom about this yesterday. I just hope I can save enough to gtfo the house and find my own place. I love New York, but it's getting crappy. It ain't cheap at all lol

Comment

For now, New York. Was talking to my mom about this yesterday. I just hope I can save enough to gtfo the house and find my own place. I love New York, but it's getting crappy. It ain't cheap at all lol
                  you live in the boroughs? i forget where you are
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

BK
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

lol I think he's trying to say Gretzky was just a goal scorer. Even though he led the league in assists for like 15 seasons. no big deal.
                      Are you two trying to say the guy with the most goals in NHL history in history wasnt a goal scorer? Of course he was a playmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        BK
                        Yeah, Brooklyn.

Which is horrible. Home prices are a friggen boat-load, renting is on the rise... especially if you want to rent in decent areas which look horrible and full of garbage.

Staten Island is okay with home prices, but not any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Are you two trying to say the guy with the most goals in NHL history in history wasnt a goal scorer? Of course he was a playmaker
                          Oh my God Dezz!
                          You can't be serious.

Kurri was a one dimensional player. A very good player without a doubt. But to say that Messier was "overshadowed" by Jari Kurri, along with your claim that it was "Gretzky's and Kurri's team", is nonsense.
                          Mark Messier was a superstar in the NHL long before he became a Ranger.

Comment

• Messier was godly in Edmonton too

Comment

Messier was godly in Edmonton too
                              Read Dezz's comments about Messier from yesterday. Evidently in his little world of rainbow's and unicorns, he was nothing until he came to NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Read Dezz's comments about Messier from yesterday. Evidently in his little world of rainbow's and unicorns, he was nothing until he came to NY.
                                All i really got from it was "Nobody gave a **** about hockey in NY until the rangers won in 94, therefor, Messier's career was only important for that..."

He isn't helping make a case for bandwagon fans. lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X