This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Read Dezz's comments about Messier from yesterday. Evidently in his little world of rainbow's and unicorns, he was nothing until he came to NY.
    I know. That's all I'm saying because it's FACT... Messier was definitely something before coming to NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      All i really got from it was "Nobody gave a **** about hockey in NY until the rangers won in 94, therefor, Messier's career was only important for that..."

He isn't helping make a case for bandwagon fans. lol
      Here's his quote...

Many of those people were just as good as Mess at what they did. Messier rep blew up because he won a cup with the Rangers, something that hadnt been done since 1940.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• And then there was this laughable exchange....

All-Pro Join DateJun 2008Posts23,957
        Originally Posted by JPizzack
        wow man.....The Great One/Messier combo was the most dominant force in NHL history....anyone who watches hockey should know all this....

the 2 averaged like a combined 110 goals a year or something ****ing insane

Dezz........

That wasnt the combo chief. It was Gretzky and Kurri.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Here's his quote...

Many of those people were just as good as Mess at what they did. Messier rep blew up because he won a cup with the Rangers, something that hadnt been done since 1940.
          current rangers fans likely didnt give a damn about the rangers prior to 94....sooooooo i dont really care about this completely innaccurate statement lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Read Dezz's comments about Messier from yesterday. Evidently in his little world of rainbow's and unicorns, he was nothing until he came to NY.
            I said his rep wasnt as big.

Comment

• for lunch im getting bbq chicken & bacon pizza......im such a fat kid. but its not my fault! it was the lunch special across the street!!! >.<
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I am not sure what I want for lunch. This place across the street actually has this new brown rice platter that I think I'm going to end up getting.

Comment

• Kurri was not a one deminsional player. He was just as good as Messier if not better during the Oiler years.

Comment

I'm conversing with people, not staring at a screen.
                    You try working out of your house and see if you like it.
                    u can converse with video games.

I would LOVE to work out of my house
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

I'm coming around to Pizz's point of view. TAGF is becoming a friggin nightmare. You can't just talk about football honestly anymore.
                      There are these crazy Cultists and stalkers who pounce on anyone who even dares to suggest that Eli isn't the greatest player in the league and isn't a lock for the hall.
                      They jump into these threads calling everyone haters and threads always end up getting locked.

The friggin MB's are becoming a nightmare. Its supposed to be discussions about football. I guess there's nothing the Mod's can do about it. But the very reason I joined the MB, .....being able to talk about the Giants when I live far from NY, is now pretty much gone. Now I just have to live with these friggin punks.

The Giants MB was once a good place. This is no longer true.
                      Everyone used to be all about debating and trying their best to come out on top, now its just name calling and snarky responses if two people dont agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Thats not true at all MH

I'll start with Casey Stengel
                        Phil Jackson, Joe Torre, Lenny Wilkins, Ditka, Larry Bird was ok, Dan Reeves, Don Shula, **** Nolan, Herm Edwards, Tom Landry, Lou Piniella, the list goes on and on and on.
                        most of those guys weren't considered great players

Comment

• I always use to wonder how more people dont drop their airconditioners out the window when putting them in. This year Iv seen three people on fb take a picture from their window looking down on their broken air conditioners.

Must be dangerous in the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            I'm also smart enough to know that NY is not exactly driving the popularity of the NHL. It just brought new fans to the forefront, imo....
                            don't tell that to Kase

he'll come back and say that Crosby is just "another player" popularity wise

Comment

I'm coming around to Pizz's point of view. TAGF is becoming a friggin nightmare. You can't just talk about football honestly anymore.
                              There are these crazy Cultists and stalkers who pounce on anyone who even dares to suggest that Eli isn't the greatest player in the league and isn't a lock for the hall.
                              They jump into these threads calling everyone haters and threads always end up getting locked.

The friggin MB's are becoming a nightmare. Its supposed to be discussions about football. I guess there's nothing the Mod's can do about it. But the very reason I joined the MB, .....being able to talk about the Giants when I live far from NY, is now pretty much gone. Now I just have to live with these friggin punks.

The Giants MB was once a good place. This is no longer true.
                              I personally have no clue how u tolerated it for so long. You were loving it for a while

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                                don't tell that to Kase

he'll come back and say that Crosby is just "another player" popularity wise
                                Crosby is like the Lebron of the NHL, people hate him

Comment

Working...
                                X