Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I agree, the message boards suck now. People are always getting attacked, and threads are always being locked. You think Die Hard would actually ban the people responsible, but instead he threatens me with a ban thinking that will resolve the issue. I have respect for the other mods on the boards but it seems like that guy gets a rush of the "power trip"(lol) of being a mod.
    Its a tough job given the condition of the MB's right now.
    The real problem is that you have one guy with several screen names. That emboldens him to push it because he knows if he gets banned, he can just come back as another poster. So fear of being banned doesn't enter into it. So he talks all kinds of crap.
    So we have to try to marginalize these guys (this guy) by giving it back to them and we get in trouble.
    Its a tough proposition right now on TAGF.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Its a tough job given the condition of the MB's right now.
      The real problem is that you have one guy with several screen names. That emboldens him to push it because he knows if he gets banned, he can just come back as another poster. So fear of being banned doesn't enter into it. So he talks all kinds of crap.
      So we have to try to marginalize these guys (this guy) by giving it back to them and we get in trouble.
      Its a tough proposition right now on TAGF.
      IP bans.....they exist.....just not in GMB-world I guess....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • It's awful when you get a bunch of trolls that just sound stupid in their posts.

        But then again, we sound stupid for complaining about it.

        Hit Ignore.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
          I think your both being a little extreme

          I think his point was popularity wise, he def peaked once he came to NY

          but while it was all about Gretzky and Messiah in Edmonton, Messiah was probably over shadowed. Jordan-Pippen wise
          I must of said it 5 times. haha

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            IP bans.....they exist.....just not in GMB-world I guess....
            No that has been mentioned before yet it hasn't been done for some reason.

            Comment


            • And that dezzzR dude is obviously a troll, he keeps saying Messier wasn't good until New York. What a troll.....



              Just kidding ha

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                They used to be Pizz. Even when we had dopes like Izbo and Plaxico25, you could make fun of them, and they would be marginalized by all the other posters.
                These guys are just pure evil. And they have a few comrades that encourage them.
                Also before we won the super bowl wed get trolls from other teams. That was great. Hell even after the first superbowl they still came around.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  IP bans.....they exist.....just not in GMB-world I guess....
                  If a guy has an iphone (one IP) and an ipad (another IP) and a PC (another IP) how do you keep them off?
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    If a guy has an iphone (one IP) and an ipad (another IP) and a PC (another IP) how do you keep them off?
                    By finding them and destroying their precious gadgets.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      If a guy has an iphone (one IP) and an ipad (another IP) and a PC (another IP) how do you keep them off?
                      It isn't an easy task, I just found it very amusing that he thinks that I am "a big part of the problem". I'm sure that if he bans me, all of those problems will be alleviated.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                        It isn't an easy task, I just found it very amusing that he thinks that I am "a big part of the problem". I'm sure that if he bans me, all of those problems will be alleviated.
                        You? LOL. I think he says that to everyone dude. He said the same to me once. I really don't care anymore.

                        You don't do much to declare yourself the main problem.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                          You? LOL. I think he says that to everyone dude. He said the same to me once. I really don't care anymore.

                          You don't do much to declare yourself the main problem.
                          I've actually gone out of my way to try to avoid 420 & friends as of late, despite their best efforts to instigate by making nasty comments and remarks. I know I stir **** up on rare occasion but "big part of the problem" yeah, sure lol.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                            I've actually gone out of my way to try to avoid 420 & friends as of late, despite their best efforts to instigate by making nasty comments and remarks. I know I stir **** up on rare occasion but "big part of the problem" yeah, sure lol.
                            I don't think 420 has more than one account. His "style" of long winded,"manifesto" type posts is quite unique.

                            Its Darksaint, 4th and 1, ElidaMANning and one other screen name that eludes me.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              I don't think 420 has more than one account. His "style" of long winded,"manifesto" type posts is quite unique.

                              Its Darksaint, 4th and 1, ElidaMANning and one other screen name that eludes me.
                              I just lumped them together because of their similar viewpoints and how they are responsible for the majority of Eli related thread closings. Whether or not they are the same person, who knows but hopefully it ends soon.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                                I just lumped them together because of their similar viewpoints and how they are responsible for the majority of Eli related thread closings. Whether or not they are the same person, who knows but hopefully it ends soon.
                                Ha!! They just locked another one.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X