Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am certainly impressed...but um http://youtu.be/DPgMjXhqmfw
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
      You should be able to handle insanity no problem. Although it's a lot more impact and your workout happens in spurts.
      I was looking at the calendar for Insanity and holy crap. Nonstop workout basically.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • Man of Steel is getting really mixed reviews.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Man of Steel is getting really mixed reviews.
          Oh God..my mom wanted to see that. To IMDB I go!
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Moke View Post
            Man of Steel is getting really mixed reviews.
            So get high and see The end.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              Oh God..my mom wanted to see that. To IMDB I go!
              Barely any reviews there. Mixed reviews in the message board.

              Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              So get high and see The end.
              No thanks, heard that movie was awful from a few friends, with no laughs whatsoever.

              Comment


              • What is Insanity Workout?
                From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years.
                Take today for example.
                Biceps and legs and abs.
                I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches.
                Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between.
                And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set.
                As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.

                Giants fan since the early 80s

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                  What is Insanity Workout?
                  From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years.
                  Take today for example.
                  Biceps and legs and abs.
                  I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches.
                  Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between.
                  And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set.
                  As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.
                  Sure, that's insane too

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                    What is Insanity Workout? From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years. Take today for example. Biceps and legs and abs. I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches. Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between. And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set. As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.
                    That's some workout.
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                      What is Insanity Workout?
                      From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years.
                      Take today for example.
                      Biceps and legs and abs.
                      I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches.
                      Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between.
                      And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set.
                      As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.
                      We used to call it circuit training in "the day".
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • My muscle fibers are tearing...YES.
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                          What is Insanity Workout?
                          From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years.
                          Take today for example.
                          Biceps and legs and abs.
                          I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches.
                          Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between.
                          And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set.
                          As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.
                          Insanity is basically using your body weight as resistance. If you want to do weights, there's P90x I think it's called which is one level above insanity. You need the equipment though. Insanity is also a lot of cardio work. When you do weights, you're pretty getting none.

                          Insanity is basically interval training where you'll "max out" your body for 5 - 10 minutes. Rest for 30 seconds. Then go again. It's a total body work out and it happens in spurts. It's not like running where you ease into it and you gradually get fatigued. You're essentially slamming your body into a wall for 5 minutes at a time. They have different training sessions with different focal points of what you're working out. All sessions have a ton of cardio and it really works your core. You'll get super tone, but you won't get ripped. If you want to get ripped, try p90x. I think that's probably better for you.

                          If you're motivated and can push yourself (like me), it's definitely a good work out. I paid 90 bucks for the dvd's I think.

                          Edit: I was skeptical at first, because i thought it was going to be some jane fonda or richard simmons type ****. But it's really good. Im' a fan.
                          Last edited by gumby74; 06-15-2013, 02:05 PM.
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                          Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            We used to call it circuit training in "the day".
                            That's pretty much it with some "modern" concepts throw in. I don't pretend to understand it either. I just follow the guy on the dvd that's yelling at me.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                            Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              Insanity is basically using your body weight as resistance. If you want to do weights, there's P90x I think it's called which is one level above insanity. You need the equipment though. Insanity is also a lot of cardio work. When you do weights, you're pretty getting none.

                              Insanity is basically interval training where you'll "max out" your body for 5 - 10 minutes. Rest for 30 seconds. Then go again. It's a total body work out and it happens in spurts. It's not like running where you ease into it and you gradually get fatigued. You're essentially slamming your body into a wall for 5 minutes at a time. They have different training sessions with different focal points of what you're working out. All sessions have a ton of cardio and it really works your core. You'll get super tone, but you won't get ripped. If you want to get ripped, try p90x. I think that's probably better for you.

                              If you're motivated and can push yourself (like me), it's definitely a good work out. I paid 90 bucks for the dvd's I think.

                              Edit: I was skeptical at first, because i thought it was going to be some jane fonda or richard simmons type ****. But it's really good. Im' a fan.
                              Sounds interesting, I'm 184lbs right now; and if you see me I look 195 lbs. There is a picture of my back on this thread somewhere, I don't think I can get any more ripped than I am right now lol I want to gain another 5-10 lbs and I'll be set.
                              I'm always looking for new things to challenge myself in terms of exercising.

                              Giants fan since the early 80s

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                                Sounds interesting, I'm 184lbs right now; and if you see me I look 195 lbs. There is a picture of my back on this thread somewhere, I don't think I can get any more ripped than I am right now lol I want to gain another 5-10 lbs and I'll be set.
                                I'm always looking for new things to challenge myself in terms of exercising.
                                http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout...sanity-workout
                                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                                Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X