This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    idk how the points translate to a value really....we're switching vendors in september for "rewards" so i'll look then to see if there's anyhting worth ordering for free.
    Forgot if it would be $166 or $1,660 if I had that many on my credit card.

I switched to AMEX blue card though so I'll see what they have to offer now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
      Forgot if it would be $166 or $1,660 if I had that many on my credit card.

I switched to AMEX blue card though so I'll see what they have to offer now.
      oh, my credit card is much better than my debit card, i just dont use it as much. I really should though since I have the discipline to just pay the whole thing off if I use it for say a month straight, you know? big cash back bonuses on my Discover
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Amex keeps sending me stuff, I wonder if I should get one. I just dont wanna deal with an annual fee or anything like that....cuz there are stretches of time that i just DONT use a credit card for anything.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Amex keeps sending me stuff, I wonder if I should get one. I just dont wanna deal with an annual fee or anything like that....cuz there are stretches of time that i just DONT use a credit card for anything.
          Blue card doesn't have annual fees

Comment

Blue card doesn't have annual fees
            I don't know much about it. maybe i should just hold off. I think I have enough currently lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Sign up for a Giants Mastercard. Decent APR (which is moot if you keep your debt low), and 10,000 points after your first purchase, which can be used as a $100 statement credit. Free hundred bucks, you can't go wrong. Plus, it's basically memorabilia.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Then you can drop 26 employees to part time and maintain only 49 full time employees.This rule mitigates a Company's ability to make decisions for itself and requires them to work around the new law to the detriment of its own interests and the economy in general..
                You should know what your talking about before you post. They count part time equivalents in the 50 people number.
                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post
                  You should know what your talking about before you post. They count part time equivalents in the 50 people number.
                  So what is the standard for the requirement to pay for health care insurance?
                  Is it your view that Obamacare requires that part time employees be supplied with health insurance?
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    So what is the standard for the requirement to pay for health care insurance?Is it your view that Obamacare requires that part time employees be supplied with health insurance?
                    No. In your example 49 FT and 26 PT, if the FT people were not insured the PT equivalents would put you over the 50 person amount and make you subject to the penalty. If the 49 FT are insured then there is no issue.
                    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Sign up for a Giants Mastercard. Decent APR (which is moot if you keep your debt low), and 10,000 points after your first purchase, which can be used as a $100 statement credit. Free hundred bucks, you can't go wrong. Plus, it's basically memorabilia.
                      Mastercard is still around>?!?!
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Isn't HSBC and mastercard like linked up, together? Usually when you get a debit card from HSBC, they have mastercard on them.

And I think Visa is with Chase.

Comment

Isn't HSBC and mastercard like linked up, together? Usually when you get a debit card from HSBC, they have mastercard on them.

And I think Visa is with Chase.
                          lolwut? I think you have a profound misunderstanding of how this works =P

Banks can really choose to contract plastics with whoever they want. You just made it sound like there are only 2 banks in the world. lol

Plus, I'm fairly sure HSBC was merged with First Niagara...

my place uses visa, but we USED to offer mastercard credit for a short while.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lolwut? I think you have a profound misunderstanding of how this works =P

Banks can really choose to contract plastics with whoever they want. You just made it sound like there are only 2 banks in the world. lol

Plus, I'm fairly sure HSBC was merged with First Niagara...

my place uses visa, but we USED to offer mastercard credit for a short while.
                            No I didn't? I used chase as another example... I'm saying, isn't there a contract between these credit card companies and their banks?

Like you'll see mastercard on most or all HSBC debit cards and VISA for Chase.

I am not sure about the other banks because I never used them.

Comment

No I didn't? I used chase as another example... I'm saying, isn't there a contract between these credit card companies and their banks?

Like you'll see mastercard on most or all HSBC debit cards and VISA for Chase.

I am not sure about the other banks because I never used them.
                              yes, you are right about that. they can choose whoever they want.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Never liked HSBC as a bank to be honest. Every branch I've been to sucked and had horrible employees.

Chase is nice, awesome people.

Comment

Working...
                                X