This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Too many inquiries do, because they automatically assume you need a lot of money.

But it's only temporary, unless you actually do need money and rack up a boat load of debt that you choose to handle with late minimum payments.

It also hurts your credit to cancel credit cards.
    exactly. I'm in a spot right now where I can't cancel credit cards i have because I havent had my current ones very long. maybe a handful of years. Based on my current credit karma service, as of July 1st, I'm a 760. If i closed my oldest card i'd drop 12 points. it would only take me a few months to increase that again luckily. but...WHAT IF I WANNA BUY A HOUSE TMRW!!!?!?!?! lmao
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
      Cancel...... can't you just cut it up and be done? Unless someone can find out that credit card, left open.
      You can cut it and never use it, but a long credit history is better than a short one. Plus, if you have annual fees, it's not cost effective to just cut them up and not cancel.

Your best bet is getting a small subscription and setting up auto payments through your checking account. You'll never worry about late payments, you'll have a long credit history, and some nice titty magazines.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

You can cut it and never use it, but a long credit history is better than a short one. Plus, if you have annual fees, it's not cost effective to just cut them up and not cancel.

Your best bet is getting a small subscription and setting up auto payments through your checking account. You'll never worry about late payments, you'll have a long credit history, and some nice titty magazines.
        I only sign up for the no annual fees.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          exactly. I'm in a spot right now where I can't cancel credit cards i have because I havent had my current ones very long. maybe a handful of years. Based on my current credit karma service, as of July 1st, I'm a 760. If i closed my oldest card i'd drop 12 points. it would only take me a few months to increase that again luckily. but...WHAT IF I WANNA BUY A HOUSE TMRW!!!?!?!?! lmao
          Yeah, see it damages it slightly for a short amount of time. If you're anal about the score though, put like a $4 Pandora subscription on it (or something relevant to you, Netflix, perhaps) and set up auto-payments.

Comment

I only sign up for the no annual fees.
            Yeah, unless the APR is 0%, or there's some awesome rewards program on the card, annual payments make little sense. AMEX does it a lot.

Comment

Yeah, unless the APR is 0%, or there's some awesome rewards program on the card, annual payments make little sense. AMEX does it a lot.
              I could have sworn their BLUE card was no annual fee when I signed up

Comment

• It is, but the APR is pretty high. Get cash rewards.

Comment

I could have sworn their BLUE card was no annual fee when I signed up
                  Probably is. Some of them don't have the fee, but all their "Preferred" Cards do (shocker).

I don't like AMEX, though. Visa/Mastercard is accepted everywhere where credit cards are a payment method, but every once in a while, you'll come across the place that doesn't take AMEX. That alone deters me from getting AMEX, especially since their rewards programs aren't that awesome either.

Comment

Probably is. Some of them don't have the fee, but all their "Preferred" Cards do (shocker).

I don't like AMEX, though. Visa/Mastercard is accepted everywhere where credit cards are a payment method, but every once in a while, you'll come across the place that doesn't take AMEX. That alone deters me from getting AMEX, especially since their rewards programs aren't that awesome either.
                    Amex isn't awesome? They looked fine to me, how good are the VISA ones? I have a freedom card but it's whatever.

Comment

Amex isn't awesome? They looked fine to me, how good are the VISA ones? I have a freedom card but it's whatever.
                      All the ones you can get through Barclay offer great rewards programs. They're all basically the same, but Barclay's cards (Visa/MasterCard) offer you intro specials. AMEX makes you buy a boat load the first few months before they give you rewards, e.g., spend $1000 in the first three months and get $100 in statement credit.

Comment

All the ones you can get through Barclay offer great rewards programs. They're all basically the same, but Barclay's cards (Visa/MasterCard) offer you intro specials. AMEX makes you buy a boat load the first few months before they give you rewards, e.g., spend $1000 in the first three months and get $100 in statement credit.
                        Even VISA does that though, which is frustrating

Comment

• JPIZZACK

You know you're getting one..

Comment

• How are all my old friends doing?

2013 Season is upon us..... Let's get to the superbowl in our own house this February!!

Thee game still on for Oct 6 vs Eagles?

Comment

• Originally posted by lttaylor56 View Post
                              How are all my old friends doing?

2013 Season is upon us..... Let's get to the superbowl in our own house this February!!

Thee game still on for Oct 6 vs Eagles?
                              How's it going man? I believe that's the game they're going to, I have read few others may tag along as well. Since I'm back in NY I may go to that game as well. You still lifting?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                                How's it going man? I believe that's the game they're going to, I have read few others may tag along as well. Since I'm back in NY I may go to that game as well. You still lifting?
                                So you left Fla? You up in NY closer to your boy. How old is he now?

Yeah, still lifting, they gonna have to kill me to make me stop, it's a part of me. I am in a summer cutting stage, I tightened the carbs and cut 14 lbs since June 8. I'm ripped Bro, with virtually no size loss, except for 2 belt loops on the waist.

I had back spasms about 3 weeks ago. Me and the little guy were loading his tackle box for vacation and BANG, my right side went crazy with a sharp pain. I suffered for two weeks taking advil and grunting it out. I could of sworn I had disk degeneration or something spinal. I sched a orthopedic appointment for last Wed. Last Monday nite I started researching lower back pain online. Turned out to be the psoas muscle which connects to bottom 4 or 5 vertebrae. I did some stretches Monday nite and was 50% better, then some more stretching Tuesday nite and BOOM I am healed. Self healing, I cancelled the appointment.

You still lifting? You were really lean.

Comment

Working...
                                X