Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lttaylor56 View Post
    How are all my old friends doing?

    2013 Season is upon us..... Let's get to the superbowl in our own house this February!!

    Thee game still on for Oct 6 vs Eagles?
    hey LT thats the game as far as I know....hope all is well with you.....good to see a post from ya !

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lttaylor56 View Post
      So you left Fla? You up in NY closer to your boy. How old is he now?

      Yeah, still lifting, they gonna have to kill me to make me stop, it's a part of me. I am in a summer cutting stage, I tightened the carbs and cut 14 lbs since June 8. I'm ripped Bro, with virtually no size loss, except for 2 belt loops on the waist.

      I had back spasms about 3 weeks ago. Me and the little guy were loading his tackle box for vacation and BANG, my right side went crazy with a sharp pain. I suffered for two weeks taking advil and grunting it out. I could of sworn I had disk degeneration or something spinal. I sched a orthopedic appointment for last Wed. Last Monday nite I started researching lower back pain online. Turned out to be the psoas muscle which connects to bottom 4 or 5 vertebrae. I did some stretches Monday nite and was 50% better, then some more stretching Tuesday nite and BOOM I am healed. Self healing, I cancelled the appointment.

      You still lifting? You were really lean.
      Yeah back in NY closer to my son. He is 8 years old now, he's growing so fast.
      That's great about cutting up and still keeping the size. I'm gaining some weight since I have been back, trying to get around 195-200. I'm at 185 right now, still got some more work to do but the weight is slowly gaining. I'm doing more heavy lifting than usual, not over doing because I like to keep my reps high. Today hit biceps and legs hard, feels great =)
      That's crazy about your back, some stretching and you're good as new. And you saved yourself a trip to the orthopedic.

      Edit. I look 190, so I have been told.
      Last edited by ny06; 07-26-2013, 10:21 PM.

      Giants fan since the early 80s

      Comment


      • Originally posted by speedman View Post
        Obamacare isn't going to affect the economy. There aren't many ways to manipulate employment rolls to get around this. There are a couple of ways to get around it if you are in the 50 to 100 range of employees that will not affect employment or productivity. I would think that most companies with a 100 or more employees already offer coverage. The other issue is the Medicare tax tied to this bill. A guy like Romney, this would cost him about 800,000, could well afford this considering the reduced tax rates on dividends and capital gains.
        It will have a profound effect on the economy.
        You have been drinking the Kool-Aid.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by byron View Post
          hey LT thats the game as far as I know....hope all is well with you.....good to see a post from ya !
          B!!! Great to hear from you. How's things in the great Northlands?

          Comment


          • MH--How you doing buddy? obamacare sucks!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
              Yeah back in NY closer to my son. He is 8 years old now, he's growing so fast.
              That's great about cutting up and still keeping the size. I'm gaining some weight since I have been back, trying to get around 195-200. I'm at 185 right now, still got some more work to do but the weight is slowly gaining. I'm doing more heavy lifting than usual, not over doing because I like to keep my reps high. Today hit biceps and legs hard, feels great =)
              That's crazy about your back, some stretching and you're good as new. And you saved yourself a trip to the orthopedic.

              Edit. I look 190, so I have been told.
              Enjoy your son at age 8, its a great age. You are upstate NY right? Our youngest is 9 and I think I appreciate it more now that the other are older.

              Your going going thru the natural progression of lifting. ha. I competed at 181 for 10 years, at my way up to 198, then 217. Now I'm more interested in "the look" at 190 rather than the strength and size. It all depends on what motivates you at the time. It's all good and healthy, so DO IT!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lttaylor56 View Post
                MH--How you doing buddy? obamacare sucks!
                Great LT. I'm in Miami getting ready to come home tomorrow.

                Great to hear from you. Hope we see you more on THEE thread!!
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Great LT. I'm in Miami getting ready to come home tomorrow.

                  Great to hear from you. Hope we see you more on THEE thread!!
                  Awesome, Hope you had a relaxing stay down there MH!
                  My son is at an all white party in Miami tonite. Your coming home just in time for Giant's camp telecast. Sunday is Autograph day at the Quest Diagnostic Performance Center, formerly known as the Timex Performance Cntre.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lttaylor56 View Post
                    B!!! Great to hear from you. How's things in the great Northlands?
                    All is good LT staying busy...looking forward to the eagle's game

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      It will have a profound effect on the economy.You have been drinking the Kool-Aid.
                      The only kool-aid going around is from the scare tactic people, which I guess you believe.
                      Engage brain before speaking.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by speedman View Post
                        The only kool-aid going around is from the scare tactic people, which I guess you believe.
                        Only if you ignore basic economics.
                        I'm fine with you believing what you want.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Only if you ignore basic economics.I'm fine with you believing what you want.
                          When you give facts of items in the bill that will effect the economy then your argument will be more credible. Be specific, not just the bs from the right wing.
                          Engage brain before speaking.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by speedman View Post
                            When you give facts of items in the bill that will effect the economy then your argument will be more credible. Be specific, not just the bs from the right wing.
                            When you increase the cost of doing business (ie...mandating certain insurance requirements for your employees) you decrease competitiveness, decrease profitability and decrease productivity.
                            This slows economic growth and reduces jobs. The do all that during slow economic times and multiply its adverse effect.

                            Its Economics 101. Unless you think Adam Smith was a right wing kook.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              When you increase the cost of doing business (ie...mandating certain insurance requirements for your employees) you decrease competitiveness, decrease profitability and decrease productivity.
                              This slows economic growth and reduces jobs. The do all that during slow economic times and multiply its adverse effect.

                              Its Economics 101. Unless you think Adam Smith was a right wing kook.
                              you don't like obama care..and you don't support making employers supply/or offer affordable health care.....so **** the working poor I guess ?.......Imho its high time that employers give their workers health care and a desent wage....and I don't give a goddamn if the whole thing goes tits up because of it... the strong will survive the and weak will go under for every little oil company that goes under another one grows.....people need health care this ain't some game....
                              Last edited by byron; 07-27-2013, 11:29 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                When you increase the cost of doing business (ie...mandating certain insurance requirements for your employees) you decrease competitiveness, decrease profitability and decrease productivity.
                                This slows economic growth and reduces jobs. The do all that during slow economic times and multiply its adverse effect.

                                Its Economics 101. Unless you think Adam Smith was a right wing kook.
                                Don't try and appeal to Adam Smith when talking modern economics. Modern capitalism doesn't resemble Smithian capitalism at all (remember in pure capitalism profit is seen as a bad thing).

                                Also, think about health care this way: If the poor had accessible health care, they wouldn't need to rely upon emergency health care as their primary source of health care. That in and of itself would drastically lower the cost of health care (including the cost to the public benefit).

                                How would increasing access to affordable health care lower productivity? Wouldn't having a healthier workforce increase productivity? If it is possible for me to see a doctor at an affordable rate when I first start feeling sick and lose 4 hours of work, doesn't that beat having to wait until I am extremely sick and going to the emergency room and losing 3 days of work? Hmmm.... That looks like 4 hours of lost productivity (plus the lower cost of seeing a PCP) against 24 hours of lost productivity (plus the significantly higher cost of using emergent care services).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X