he went diggin cause im his fav

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          he went diggin cause im his fav
          favorite target, maybe...
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Let me run something by you guys real quick....

We have this member who is a REALLY nice guy, he once even bought us lunch....lets call him Mr. W
            He tells someone in here today that his his son's (who is a state trooper) house burned down over the weekend. He has 2 young kids, and they are all staying with Mr. W until everything gets worked out with insurance and such.

One of my supervisors suggests we should take donations and get maybe a target gift card (you can literally get anything at Target) so they can get some stuff in the interim.

Now while I can obviously appreciate the good nature of such an act(im not a heartless ****)....I'm a bit confused as to why i should donate my money to someone who makes over 3x what I make. I'm not blind to the fact that these people could have lost some memories. And I DO feel bad. But insurance will pay for everything you lost....and I'm in no place to make sure your already comfortable life is more comfortable.

Am I wrong to feel that I shouldnt feel obligated to donate my hard earned money to someone who is significantly more well off than I??
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Let me run something by you guys real quick....

We have this member who is a REALLY nice guy, he once even bought us lunch....lets call him Mr. W
              He tells someone in here today that his his son's (who is a state trooper) house burned down over the weekend. He has 2 young kids, and they are all staying with Mr. W until everything gets worked out with insurance and such.

One of my supervisors suggests we should take donations and get maybe a target gift card (you can literally get anything at Target) so they can get some stuff in the interim.

Now while I can obviously appreciate the good nature of such an act(im not a heartless ****)....I'm a bit confused as to why i should donate my money to someone who makes over 3x what I make. I'm not blind to the fact that these people could have lost some memories. And I DO feel bad. But insurance will pay for everything you lost....and I'm in no place to make sure your already comfortable life is more comfortable.

Am I wrong to feel that I shouldnt feel obligated to donate my hard earned money to someone who is significantly more well off than I??
              Are they asking for a small or large donation? It's just an act of kindness.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                Are they asking for a small or large donation? It's just an act of kindness.
                in all fairness, they didnt say. it could just be a small donation for all I know. but my point still stands.

also, why am i being solicited for donations by my own coworkers? lol
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

in all fairness, they didnt say. it could just be a small donation for all I know. but my point still stands. also, why am i being solicited for donations by my own coworkers? lol
                  You've never seen that before? Like if it's someone's birthday in the office, they pass a card around to all of the co-workers. The same applies here. You don't HAVE to donate anything, it's not required right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    You've never seen that before? Like if it's someone's birthday in the office, they pass a card around to all of the co-workers. The same applies here. You don't HAVE to donate anything, it's not required right?
                    buying a cake for my coworker is not the same thing at all lol. plus i know my coworkers are broke like me.

no, it's not required, but i know if i dont respond, someone will come to my office and ask me.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

buying a cake for my coworker is not the same thing at all lol. plus i know my coworkers are broke like me.no, it's not required, but i know if i dont respond, someone will come to my office and ask me.
                      Then just say you can't donate at the time or whatever.

Comment

• And you missed the birthday point....

Comment

• ME SO SLEEPY....damn you broken sleep calculator!! lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Did someone say birthday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                              Did someone say birthday?
                              "happy ****day, assmouth" -Stiffler
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Comment