X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattMeyerBud
    started a topic THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Well i got a good deal from Jay Dees after talking to the owner and he put us down. This place is perfect and is like a mile from the Stadium right on route 17. Its next to the Meadowlands Diner (a couple of buildings before).</p>

</p>

Top shelf not included, open bar. But **** top shelf, i got him to include the shots in to hte price for hte open bar.</p>

</p>

So $35 per person, 4-8 (4 hour open bar) on April 25th. They have a menu and a good grill from what I hear, but food isn't included. I really have no way of guaranteeing him a number so I couldn't work out the buffet. Although I did tell him we'd have 20-50 people here.</p>

</p>

http://www.myspace.com/386509075</p>

</p>

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;um=1&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;q=jay+dee's+nj&amp;fb=1&amp;split=1&amp;gl=us&amp;view=text&amp;latln g=9340636568023826469</p>

</p>

alrite so its official and its going down, so now i'll be +1 so who are the definites and how many are you bringing. I told this guy that i'd have at least 20.</p>

• jimmie ray
    replied
    Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Its turned into the secret garden in here

It's a funny place but it's surely true,

That we'd like to share it all with you

If you sing for me

I'll sing for you

If you cry for me

I'll cry for you

If you scream for me

I'll scream for you

If you laugh for me

I'll laugh for you

So come on in without a fuss,

'Cause the magical garden is waiting for us

Leave a comment:

• dezzzR
    replied
    Its turned into the secret garden in here

Leave a comment:

• zimonami
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I'm way ahead on all the yard work. Garden is all turned over and ready for planting, too.

We include the wife's mother in everything, she's terrific.
    We lived close to my Mother In Law when we lived in the Bronx. When we moved up to CT and my first son was born and mom came up to visit for a few weeks, first thing she did was inform us... "I didn't come up here to babysit... lol. So we planned everything to include her, and she was always a pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• JPizzack
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I've been thinking about making something like this. We have plenty of shade later in the season, once the trees get their leaves - but it's too bright sitting out in the sun this time of year. The dog particularly hates it, and hides under the picnic table most of the day.
    A pergola just has like 2" x 10" slats across the top, for partial shade, right?
    Yessir. If you make it at a specific width you can get these fabric pull shades for it, about $50-60. they drape over top, and you can slide from side to side to block out, lets say 75% sun at specific times of day.

Leave a comment:

• jimmie ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Thanks; same to yours as well.

And yes, we absolutely went out. But not until after we had spent the day doing spring clean up on the outside of the house, orchard, gardens etc..

Man, by the time dinner rolled around I really needed drinks more than food.

- nice pic. Very nice of you to share the day with her Mom as well.
    I'm way ahead on all the yard work. Garden is all turned over and ready for planting, too.

We include the wife's mother in everything, she's terrific.

Leave a comment:

• jimmie ray
    replied
    Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I built a pergola behind my parents house. came out nice. they bought a legit looking patio furniture set. like couch, armchairs, etc.
    I think I'm gonna line the pergola with Edison bulbs. I think that would give it just enough lighting without being offensively bright.
    I've been thinking about making something like this. We have plenty of shade later in the season, once the trees get their leaves - but it's too bright sitting out in the sun this time of year. The dog particularly hates it, and hides under the picnic table most of the day.
    A pergola just has like 2" x 10" slats across the top, for partial shade, right?

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Originally posted by byron View Post
    yeah not the best stuff , if you can keep it dry somehow that will help mix it in with your hardwood ..
    Yeah, that's my plan, Byron.

If the fire is going well enough it'll burn. I'll just have to feed it in slowly and get rid of it that way.

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied

lol, I know, Byron. I guess so but it's evergreen so it's not really good burning wood. I think I'll chip the branches and use it as mulch and use up the logs in the fire pit over time.
    yeah not the best stuff , if you can keep it dry somehow that will help mix it in with your hardwood ..

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    just messing with ya ... fire pit wood ?
    lol, I know, Byron. I guess so but it's evergreen so it's not really good burning wood. I think I'll chip the branches and use it as mulch and use up the logs in the fire pit over time.

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied

Yup! Made it myself with some river rock. After 11 seconds I decided to use the chain saw which probably saved me time in the long run.
    just messing with ya ... fire pit wood ?

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No I have a good friend who owns a lumber company. I had triple ground mulch dropped at the end of my driveway. It was hard work but it looks great.
    I'll bet it does. That's certainly better than dealing with bags but still, that is a **** ton of work.

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Did you use a stone axe ?!
    Yup! Made it myself with some river rock. After 11 seconds I decided to use the chain saw which probably saved me time in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied

Oh man, that's not fooling around. I hope you have a truck or delivery as opposed to dealing with bags. That would have to be like 150-175 bags.

I also finished chopping up the 50 foot evergreen that fell during the storms. That took three sessions, last one being Saturday.

My wife wouldn't sign off on my plan to deal with it. One can of gas, one book of matches one chair and one case of beer.
    No I have a good friend who owns a lumber company. I had triple ground mulch dropped at the end of my driveway. It was hard work but it looks great.

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied

Oh man, that's not fooling around. I hope you have a truck or delivery as opposed to dealing with bags. That would have to be like 150-175 bags.

I also finished chopping up the 50 foot evergreen that fell during the storms. That took three sessions, last one being Saturday.

My wife wouldn't sign off on my plan to deal with it. One can of gas, one book of matches one chair and one case of beer.
    Did you use a stone axe ?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X