X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of John Mayer, here's my favorite song by him:

Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I love this man..why is he with Katy Perry..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Speaking of John Mayer, here's my favorite song by him:

I don't particularly love his music. I think he's a good songwriter and singer, but that man can play the **** out of a guitar

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
          I don't particularly love his music. I think he's a good songwriter and singer, but that man can play the **** out of a guitar
          YESSSSS, I'm not the biggest strat fan but oh my God he was built for it.

Comment

Guitarists who prefer a Strat over anything else:

Hendrix
            SRV
            Clapton (originally a Gibson guy who became a Strat man in the 60's)
            David Gilmour of Pink Floyd
            Eric Johnson

and your boy Johnny Mayer.

The Stratocaster helped define popular rock music today as we know it. Not hating on Gibson because I think they are great guitars, just not for me. Although I think the Gibson SG looks bad ***.
            David Gilmour is probably my all time favorite guitar hero.
            Jimmy Page would be next.
            Brian Setzer third.
            So its a Strat, LP, and Gretsch. I'm an equal opportunity fan.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about Bob Dylan? I think my dad is secretly gay for him. Seriously he loves him. His voice drives me crazy but he writes really nice songs. I've seen him in concert twice.

Comment

I also love my Martin 00CXAE Grand Concert. The lightest and most playable acoustic I've ever held.
                Love the Martin guitar my son has a lower end D series mahogany he payed around 700.00 for it...great sound tunes up nice...I have an older takamine acoustic electric its not much unplugged..If I was going to buy I'd go for one of the lower end Martins ....man talk about pricey guitar's

59999.00 list

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  How do you guys feel about Bob Dylan? I think my dad is secretly gay for him. Seriously he loves him. His voice drives me crazy but he writes really nice songs. I've seen him in concert twice.
                  I like BD one of my fav songs right here....with some of his buddy's joining in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY.......

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                    I like BD one of my fav songs right here....with some of his buddy's joining in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY.......
                    All I see is Roger McGuinn's Ricky.
                    THAT is an awesome guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      All I see is Roger McGuinn's Ricky.
                      THAT is an awesome guitar.
                      ha yes it is ....young s on a LP....Clapton's playng a strat...Bob is playing a martin petty is playings a 12 string Guild.....not sure who the dude is next to clapton is playing the red telecaster...not sure what harrison is playing

Comment

ha yes it is ....young s on a LP....Clapton's playng a strat...Bob is playing a martin petty is playings a 12 string Guild.....not sure who the dude is next to clapton is playing the red telecaster...not sure what harrison is playing
                        It might be Stevie Winwood.

Upon 2nd look its def.not Stevie. Don't know who it is.
                        Last edited by Morehead State; 03-27-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

It might be Stevie Winwood.

Upon 2nd look its def.not Stevie. Don't know who it is.
                          it looks like that guy who's band played on snl he was the lead player

Comment

it looks like that guy who's band played on snl he was the lead player
                            You know what B...I thought I recognized his face. I think you're right.

Comment

• Good call Byron. His name is G. E. Smith and he's listed as one of the musicians in that concert.

Comment

Good call Byron. His name is G. E. Smith and he's listed as one of the musicians in that concert.
                                yeah he's a pretty decent guitar player himself...they held him back for the headliners

Comment

Working...
                                X