Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Old school rap, and I used to play this:
    My God that's beautiful haha.

    I play the guitar and Ukulele, mostly ukulele. Old school rap is the shiz.
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
      I listen primarily to reggae, punk, surf rock, hip hop, dancehall, and classic rock. I'm also big into mid century MoTown/R&B stuff like Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Marvin Gaye,and the Temptations. Chuck Berry is also one of my heroes. I don't listen to any current modern music for the most part.


      I started playing guitar when I was 12 (now 26). I play guitar, bass, and drums. I also have been working with a vocal coach for 3 years.
      Aaah, Motown..that's where the real music lays. Do you like Ska?
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Another country heard from.
        Well.......Canada really isn't a country.
        Is that you playing the guitar and singing?
        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

        ~Big Mike~

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
          Is that you playing the guitar and singing?
          ​Nope.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            What kind of music do you guys listen to? Also, do you play any instruments?
            I listen to a wide range of music, but i am very picky. But to put it all in a nut shell, i like anything that has a hot beat.

            here is an example


            Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

            ~Big Mike~

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
              I listen to a wide range of music, but i am very picky. But to put it all in a nut shell, i like anything that has a hot beat.here is an example
              Interesting...does anybody here like Classical?
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                Is that you playing the guitar and singing?
                Yes to both.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Yes to both.
                  You're much younger than I envisioned
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    SUP CHRIS!
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      Aaah, Motown..that's where the real music lays. Do you like Ska?
                      Oh Rudy, why do you do this to me? Now I'm going to start ranting. Love ska. There are different kinds of ska contrary to most people's general belief. Ska is actually a precursor to reggae music. Reggae music is the slower brother of ska, but both are characterized similarly by the off-beat guitar chops you hear in reggae music (think Bob Marley's "One Love" rhythm guitar) which is called "skanking".

                      Here's an example of 1960's ska (and one of my favorite songs):

                      Now all the bands in the 1980's/1990's that are categorized as ska are more properly referred to as New Age/Third Wave ska. This includes bands such as: Sublime, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Save Ferris etc.

                      Very similar, but with obvious differences. Third Wave ska introduced more influences of punk music that was made popular in the late 1970's and 1980's when punk music and hardcore punk became a sub cultural phenomenon in the US and England. Punk influences ska, reggae influences punk, but everything in popular music (and I mean literally everything) comes from blues music.


                      I could write a freakin' book on music especially punk, ska, and reggae.


                      Sorry I had to go off like that I just can't help myself when it comes to music.

                      Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Yes to both.
                        not bad
                        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                        ~Big Mike~

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          Interesting..
                          I know.

                          And what type of classical? Link one
                          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                          ~Big Mike~

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                            I know.

                            And what type of classical? Link one
                            Vilvaldi for starters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxofEmo3HA

                            The Swan Lake Waltz is my favorite by Tchaikovsky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CShopT9QUzw

                            And of course Beethoven, Mozart, all of those guys are terrific.
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
                              Oh Rudy, why do you do this to me? Now I'm going to start ranting. Love ska. There are different kinds of ska contrary to most people's general belief. Ska is actually a precursor to reggae music. Reggae music is the slower brother of ska, but both are characterized similarly by the off-beat guitar chops you hear in reggae music (think Bob Marley's "One Love" rhythm guitar) which is called "skanking".

                              Here's an example of 1960's ska (and one of my favorite songs):

                              Now all the bands in the 1980's/1990's that are categorized as ska are more properly referred to as New Age/Third Wave ska. This includes bands such as: Sublime, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Save Ferris etc.

                              Very similar, but with obvious differences. Third Wave ska introduced more influences of punk music that was made popular in the late 1970's and 1980's when punk music and hardcore punk became a sub cultural phenomenon in the US and England. Punk influences ska, reggae influences punk, but everything in popular music (and I mean literally everything) comes from blues music.


                              I could write a freakin' book on music especially punk, ska, and reggae.


                              Sorry I had to go off like that I just can't help myself when it comes to music.
                              This post made me happy haha. I have a best friend who loves and plays punk. He really introduced me to it and I can't stop listening to it. I grew up on reggae and ska due to my father who is a huge fan. Do you know the Toots and Maytals? they are my favorite..

                              Do you know the movie This is England? If you don't it's a great movie and has all of those punk/ska bands in there. It's about the skinhead movement in the 1980' in England, and of course Ska was very popular in that era like you mentioned.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Yes to both.
                                When did you start playing?
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X