Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Moke View Post
    So what is your preference for attire? What are you required to wear? Business casual? Formal?
    I do business casual. That's our only requirement. Shirt and tie is the norm, I just don't like how I personally look in a shirt and tie. I love SUITING up, but it's a bit overkill, because well....its hard to explain. We don't like giving off the white collar look all the time, because we don't want people to think of us like BANKERS. We're a hometown kinda place I guess.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      dont waste your time on entry level....get your foot in somewhere solid using your degree as a bargaining chip. Alot of ppl who work in banking are out of their field, and some situations you dont even need a degree to do some things.

      You wont make big bucks, but since I can tell youre driven in school, you'll make money in no time.
      Right now, I might have a shot at working at my job after graduation. Problem is, I'm afraid the pay sucks. I really don't want to ask my co-worker what he's making (he's 24 I believe) but I think he's doing fairly well.

      He might be doing around $25 an hour but I am not 100% sure.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        I do business casual. That's our only requirement. Shirt and tie is the norm, I just don't like how I personally look in a shirt and tie. I love SUITING up, but it's a bit overkill, because well....its hard to explain. We don't like giving off the white collar look all the time, because we don't want people to think of us like BANKERS. We're a hometown kinda place I guess.

        Sounds close to my cousin's place. So you work around Poughkeepsie? Also, did you earn a degree?

        Comment


        • I am a confused
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Moke View Post
            Right now, I might have a shot at working at my job after graduation. Problem is, I'm afraid the pay sucks. I really don't want to ask my co-worker what he's making (he's 24 I believe) but I think he's doing fairly well.

            He might be doing around $25 an hour but I am not 100% sure.
            I'll be honest, that's pretty good coming out of school. Mostly because alot of kids have no choice but start from the ground up sometimes, so they make MUCH less than that. I forget where you live, so that also comes into play.....$25 here is a good starting salary out of school...however, if you were in manhattan, youd be at their poverty line. lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Moke View Post
              Sounds close to my cousin's place. So you work around Poughkeepsie? Also, did you earn a degree?
              Yezzir, Poughkeepsie is the main area, however people south of here typically just refer to Dutchess county as Poughkeepsie. lol

              And no, I'm not done with school yet. I have my associates, but no bachelors yet.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                I am a confused
                'bout what?
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  I'll be honest, that's pretty good coming out of school. Mostly because alot of kids have no choice but start from the ground up sometimes, so they make MUCH less than that. I forget where you live, so that also comes into play.....$25 here is a good starting salary out of school...however, if you were in manhattan, youd be at their poverty line. lol
                  Yeah, it's Manhattan. I'm just estimating his salary. I really don't know how much he makes at all.

                  Comment


                  • J'aime le frommage!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      J'aime le frommage!!
                      wat fool speaka de English
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        wat fool speaka de English
                        Why does the little green light next to your name never turn on?
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          Why does the little green light next to your name never turn on?
                          You can choose to not show up as online.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            wat fool speaka de English
                            Sorry, I was trying to bring some class and sophistication to the Lounge.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              Why does the little green light next to your name never turn on?
                              I'm invisible.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                Sorry, I was trying to bring some class and sophistication to the Lounge.
                                Then I suggest you and gmen stop posting. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X