No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is The Great Gatsby coming out? I always see the commercials but never see the date haha.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      When is The Great Gatsby coming out? I always see the commercials but never see the date haha.
      May 10th. Might watch that in theaters, not sure.

Comment

My favorite kind of sausage is Moke's sausage.
        wow...lol
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

When is The Great Gatsby coming out? I always see the commercials but never see the date haha.
          it does seem pretty awesome. If it's anything like the movie the director made of Romeo and Juliet, it should be pretty awesome.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            it does seem pretty awesome. If it's anything like the movie the director made of Romeo and Juliet, it should be pretty awesome.
            Robert Redford and Sam Waterston were pretty great in the first one.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Robert Redford and Sam Waterston were pretty great in the first one.
              I saw it once. I dont know man, I think people think of that film as "ok" but not really memorable.

btw, Sam Waterson is INCREDIBLE in Newsroom. totally brings the show from a 9.5 to a 10, lol

no but seriouslly, he's VERY good
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• FF Coppola was the screenwriter for Gatsby. However, it was the same year Godfather II came out. Which do you think got more of his attention =P
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• You know who was awesome in Gatsby? Vincent Chase.

lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I hate remakes.
                    Its all very unoriginal.
                    One of the few good ones was Ocean's 11. The worst remake in film history was The Producers.

Typical lack of creativity in Hollywood.

Comment

I hate remakes.
                      Its all very unoriginal.
                      One of the few good ones was Ocean's 11. The worst remake in film history was The Producers.

Typical lack of creativity in Hollywood.
                      oh let me jsut cut you off for a second....

So very few movies are technically original. They are all based off something else. books, remakes, etc.

So while I agree that there isn't alot of creativity, I think the combination of poor literature with bad directors and actors is your real gripe. lol

If you go find all the best rated, top grossing etc, movies of all time, you'll find that they are all based on books, other films, etc.

There are a few exceptions like Toy Story & such, but for the most part, they are all from books.

Plus, like I said, I consider the redford Gatsby as ok, but not stellar. I think it can definitely be improved upon.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

SALAMI!! It's SO bad for you, but yum
                        All the white stuff in salami is fat.

Comment

oh let me jsut cut you off for a second....

So very few movies are technically original. They are all based off something else. books, remakes, etc.

So while I agree that there isn't alot of creativity, I think the combination of poor literature with bad directors and actors is your real gripe. lol

If you go find all the best rated, top grossing etc, movies of all time, you'll find that they are all based on books, other films, etc.

There are a few exceptions like Toy Story & such, but for the most part, they are all from books.

Plus, like I said, I consider the redford Gatsby as ok, but not stellar. I think it can definitely be improved upon.
                          Not the point I'm making.
                          Remakes are generally pathetic attempts to glom onto a known film to enhance the box office.
                          From a movie-goers perspective....They've been done already. I want something new to see. Not just a remake of something that I've already seen and is probably not as good as the original anyway.

Three biggest problems with Hollywood:

1. Remakes
                          2. Movies from old TV shows
                          3. A bunch of pampered "children of former stars" in all the movies. (Nepotism run amuck!)

Comment

Not the point I'm making.
                            Remakes are generally pathetic attempts to glom onto a known film to enhance the box office.
                            From a movie-goers perspective....They've been done already. I want something new to see. Not just a remake of something that I've already seen and is probably not as good as the original anyway.

Three biggest problems with Hollywood:

1. Remakes
                            2. Movies from old TV shows
                            3. A bunch of pampered "children of former stars" in all the movies. (Nepotism run amuck!)
                            I agree with those things except it's not a given that the originals are better.

I mean, that's my main issue with people of your generation, no offense. "you had the best of everything! it will never be as good!!" in 2013, we call that closeminded.
                            I'm not saying a remake is going to revolutionize cinema as we know it....but by would you just assume that a modern adaptation of one of the greatest books of all time, is going to be bad?
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              All the white stuff in salami is fat.
                              I know..hence the "It's SO bad for you".
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I agree with those things except it's not a given that the originals are better.

I mean, that's my main issue with people of your generation, no offense. "you had the best of everything! it will never be as good!!" in 2013, we call that closeminded.
                                I'm not saying a remake is going to revolutionize cinema as we know it....but by would you just assume that a modern adaptation of one of the greatest books of all time, is going to be bad?
                                If they remade KillBill I'd be pissed.
                                Its not my generation I'm talking about. Its the fact that so many films are remakes.
                                There may be fewer great films today but that's mostly because they don't make as many films as they used to.
                                "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was very good. (But I only saw the German version)
                                Saving Private Ryan, and ANY Terantino film. Many good films these days. Just be original...that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X