Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not the point I'm making.
    Remakes are generally pathetic attempts to glom onto a known film to enhance the box office.
    From a movie-goers perspective....They've been done already. I want something new to see. Not just a remake of something that I've already seen and is probably not as good as the original anyway.

Three biggest problems with Hollywood:

1. Remakes
    2. Movies from old TV shows
    3. A bunch of pampered "children of former stars" in all the movies. (Nepotism run amuck!)
    This is my biggest problem with movies nowadays. I rarely even attend.

I'll give you a prime example of an unoriginal money machine: Tim Burton.

Most of his movies are Disney classics, he just gets notable stars to play them, and enhances the visual effects. But the story line is average at best.
    I can't stand him, not one bit.

I feel like nowadays, in order to have a successful movie you need:
    1. An old classic
    2. 3D
    3. A bad plot, but nice visuals. See Avatar.

EDIT: There seems to be no originality when it comes to movies nowadays. I know it's hard since everyone has produced everything under the sun, but don't expect me to pay $12.95 for a movie ticket.

As for Gatsby, it's one of my favorite books, and I LOVEDDD the original film. I would normally gag at remakes to a classic book such as that, but Leonardo Dicaprio is in it, and as far as I'm concerned..he's never been in a bad movie..not one that I could think of.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-22-2013, 03:46 PM.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

If they remade KillBill I'd be pissed.
      Its not my generation I'm talking about. Its the fact that so many films are remakes.
      There may be fewer great films today but that's mostly because they don't make as many films as they used to.
      "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was very good. (But I only saw the German version)
      Saving Private Ryan, and ANY Terantino film. Many good films these days. Just be original...that's all.
      A prequel to KillBill would be sick. But Bills dead in real life. Accidentally choked himself masturbating in Bangkok.
      I always wished they showed Pai Mei teaching Kiddo the 5 point exploding heart technique, or showed more of him training her.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        A prequel to KillBill would be sick. But Bills dead in real life. Accidentally choked himself masturbating in Bangkok.
        I always wished they showed Pai Mei teaching Kiddo the 5 point exploding heart technique, or showed more of him training her.
        lol her name is The Bride.....or beatrice(beatrix?)
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

If they remade KillBill I'd be pissed.
          Its not my generation I'm talking about. Its the fact that so many films are remakes.
          There may be fewer great films today but that's mostly because they don't make as many films as they used to.
          "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was very good. (But I only saw the German version)
          Saving Private Ryan, and ANY Terantino film. Many good films these days. Just be original...that's all.
          you did name some good original ones fo sho.

for the record, both version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" were very good.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            lol her name is The Bride.....or beatrice(beatrix?)
            Breatrixx Kiddo was her name.
            Last edited by dezzzR; 04-22-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY
              they should make this movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                you did name some good original ones fo sho.

for the record, both version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" were very good.
                And based on a book...

Comment

• http://youtu.be/4d_FvgQ1csE

Comment

• raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakl;dsksdlfk;skl;wrkwle;krwekoksl; klalfkdlaopfgopgjp4r034wopl;fsopfsopkag;al;gklgldflsagdla;gkaf;gk;gkl;gkl;d ***kgk;fgk;gka;glgk;agklfgk;fskfl;dskf;dlkd;k;afk;koksksdldddkldldlsdsl;fds csdsdkl;fsdkl;dfkl;dk;dk;dl;dsl;kl;4rop3ir0weprw0e-ifkpka0-r043-4i2ropekworopep[rp[werp[rp[werop[wef[pfp[wfkklekk;fskl;dkl;fsktkopslkokplgrltopwkakgrogoakrl;aklskf;kdkldldlddlddldl dflsksl;fsdldldlotweokwopfkodkflldkl;sdllwlerkwefklfsdl;kdl;fdsfkd;f;kfweof pwolfs;dlldlllfdlllfsdllllsdflsdkfl;dsfkl;sdksfklsd;klwfl;sdl;dskfl;sdkfldk l;sfkl;kw4laerkelwrk;LTKprk3k314jo342pj5pOTAPRFPSKPTURKEYSANDWICHSFKLSDFDJK SLAFJLKJKLFSJAFDKSADLDSKALDLJSJDSKAKSKLFDLSFKJSDLFJASLFSAFDAFSDKALASFKFDLSD LAKFJKDFJADLKFJSKFJSKAFLFJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakl;dsksdlfk;skl;wrkwle;krwekoksl; klalfkdlaopfgopgjp4r034wopl;fsopfsopkag;al;gklgldflsagdla;gkaf;gk;gkl;gkl;d ***kgk;fgk;gka;glgk;agklfgk;fskfl;dskf;dlkd;k;afk;koksksdldddkldldlsdsl;fds csdsdkl;fsdkl;dfkl;dk;dk;dl;dsl;kl;4rop3ir0weprw0e-ifkpka0-r043-4i2ropekworopep[rp[werp[rp[werop[wef[pfp[wfkklekk;fskl;dkl;fsktkopslkokplgrltopwkakgrogoakrl;aklskf;kdkldldlddlddldl dflsksl;fsdldldlotweokwopfkodkflldkl;sdllwlerkwefklfsdl;kdl;fdsfkd;f;kfweof pwolfs;dlldlllfdlllfsdllllsdflsdkfl;dsfkl;sdksfklsd;klwfl;sdl;dskfl;sdkfldk l;sfkl;kw4laerkelwrk;LTKprk3k314jo342pj5pOTAPRFPSKPTURKEYSANDWICHSFKLSDFDJK SLAFJLKJKLFSJAFDKSADLDSKALDLJSJDSKAKSKLFDLSFKJSDLFJASLFSAFDAFSDKALASFKFDLSD LAKFJKDFJADLKFJSKFJSKAFLFJ

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                        YOU ARE THE MAN!

Comment

YOU ARE THE MAN!
                          once I realized you used the long spelling piece of cake...left over turkey and gravy zapped in the mico piping hot is awesome....I like left over turkey better than when it first comes out

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                            once I realized you used the long spelling piece of cake...left over turkey and gravy zapped in the mico piping hot is awesome....I like left over turkey better than when it first comes out
                            Left over turkey is always the best! Ugh God, I could go for some turkey right now..

And cheesecake..strawberry cheesecake. Random, I know. I hope I'm not pregnant..

Comment

• I love strong beer. That is all.

Comment

Left over turkey is always the best! Ugh God, I could go for some turkey right now..

And cheesecake..strawberry cheesecake. Random, I know. I hope I'm not pregnant..
                                haha I don't think I have ever ha cheesecake...I love strawberry shortcake.....My wife make lasagna another reheated fav of mine....

Comment

Working...
                                X