No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get way too distracted and stuff, like I don't feel like doing research and stuff. I give up too easily and want to call it a night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      It's just laziness on their part. I don't remember the last time I was assigned a project to be honest.

My favorite class this semester was English 204- Romanticism. Because we discussed and analyzed the stories. Not read it and take a quiz and that is that.
      Grading takes a lot of time. Grading well takes even more time. How long do you think it takes a teacher to read, grade, and comment upon 120 8 page papers.

Now imagine what your lecture profs that have 300+ students in a class have.

Comment

• I think now is a good time to say that I really really want vanilla pudding..

First it was cheesecake, now it's pudding.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• That's why we need more TAs, but then people will always bring up the fact that they were graded unfairly.

Comment

• Also think that's why GPA shouldn't even be taken into account for job interviews and such, but then again it's pretty costly to interview a ton of applicants.

Comment

I think now is a good time to say that I really really want vanilla pudding..

First it was cheesecake, now it's pudding.
              Considering what you said about swallowing in the other thread, it comes to me as no surprise that you want white pudding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                Grading takes a lot of time. Grading well takes even more time. How long do you think it takes a teacher to read, grade, and comment upon 120 8 page papers.

Now imagine what your lecture profs that have 300+ students in a class have.
                So? Teaching is a hard job, suck it up. My mom was a teacher in the New York City public schools for 20+ years. It is hard, but you should make sure your students are getting the most out of your class, otherwise you're not doing a very good job. I'm not saying eliminate ALL MC tests, because I understand that teachers can't sit up for hours making up a 2 page short essay test. I'm saying it's more prevalent today, and that should not substitute things like research papers or presentations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                  Also think that's why GPA shouldn't even be taken into account for job interviews and such, but then again it's pretty costly to interview a ton of applicants.
                  GPA should only be taken into account when regarding two otherwise equal candidates.

However, after you reach the grad level, almost everyone has a 3.75 or better. In the grad program I was in, if you got under a B (even a B-), you got kicked out of the program.

Comment

Considering what you said about swallowing in the other thread, it comes to me as no surprise that you want white pudding.
                    Ok sir, I was kidding number one lol (I would never swallow, that's disgusting and ew). Secondly, shut up.

Comment

GPA should only be taken into account when regarding two otherwise equal candidates.

However, after you reach the grad level, almost everyone has a 3.75 or better. In the grad program I was in, if you got under a B (even a B-), you got kicked out of the program.
                      I have a horrible GPA in my undergraduate, that's why I've been shying away from school recently. At this point, I'm screwed at graduating with a GREAT GPA.

Comment

Also think that's why GPA shouldn't even be taken into account for job interviews and such, but then again it's pretty costly to interview a ton of applicants.
                        That's probably why they do it. So they can limit the amount of people.

Comment

That's probably why they do it. So they can limit the amount of people.
                          It is. My cousin is in HR and it's pretty common sense that that is why they do it. Why hire a HR department though and make their lives easier you know?

Comment

So? Teaching is a hard job, suck it up. My mom was a teacher in the New York City public schools for 20+ years. It is hard, but you should make sure your students are getting the most out of your class, otherwise you're not doing a very good job. I'm not saying eliminate ALL MC tests, because I understand that teachers can't sit up for hours making up a 2 page short essay test. I'm saying it's more prevalent today, and that should not substitute things like research papers or presentations.
                            Neither am I, I'm just saying that's one of the reasons why they are prevalent.

And I don't know if they are much more prevalent today. I mean, I was in school in the '90s and most of our tests were MC back then, too. Or at least mostly MC and some "fill in the blank" short answer stuff.

Comment

It is. My cousin is in HR and it's pretty common sense that that is why they do it. Why hire a HR department though and make their lives easier you know?
                              The HR department lmfao.

The internship I'm at now as the funniest HR department. They seriously spend all day emailing everyone about...like, freaking lotion deals they can get at the mall LOL.

Comment

• So the Brooklyn Nets survived another day. Touche'.

Comment

Working...
                                X