Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Messed up.
    What? Don't you know by now I hold almost nothing sacred.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drez View Post
      What? Don't you know by now I hold almost nothing sacred.
      Haha true.

      UR SPOSED 2 RESPEK DA DED THO unless you're Hitler..or Osama..or a lot of people.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Drez View Post
        Go to the health clinic at school.
        This. Have you been able to go to work or class? If so you don't have pneumonia, you probably just have bronchitis or an upper respiratory infection. Get it taken care of though because those can make you susceptible to pneumonia. You have to get rest, drink plenty of fluids, don't have foods that cause mucus production like cheeses, and make sure you get meds.

        Comment


        • Wild for the night, **** bein' polite WUB WUBB WOMPP WOMP WUB WUB

          These lyrics brought to you by Jpizz
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Sup?

            Comment


            • Oh my, finally finished my paper that is due next week. I just have to finish the bibliography and write a conclusion.

              What is an effective way to write the conclusion. Re-summarizing the introduction is so wrong to me, never felt like that was the right way to do it, no matter what people said. Wish I could finish this with a bang.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                Oh my, finally finished my paper that is due next week. I just have to finish the bibliography and write a conclusion.What is an effective way to write the conclusion. Re-summarizing the introduction is so wrong to me, never felt like that was the right way to do it, no matter what people said. Wish I could finish this with a bang.
                Just wrap up your thoughts..you don't necessarily have to repeat the crap you wrote, but yeah.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Just wrap up your thoughts..you don't necessarily have to repeat the crap you wrote, but yeah.
                  Yeah, I hate wrapping up my thoughts, the worst part of it. Makes me feel like I am reiterating what I said in other words.. guess that is exactly what it is.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                    Yeah, I hate wrapping up my thoughts, the worst part of it. Makes me feel like I am reiterating what I said in other words.. guess that is exactly what it is.
                    Wrapping up your thoughts, and summarizing your point are very different. Summarizing your points are too elementary, and unfortunately such systematic writing dominates the education system. But in good writing, specifically nonfiction writing, you want to head for the nearest exit as soon as you feel you've aptly provided your facts/points.

                    Since you're only concerned about the ending at this point, I'll assume you've presented everything. That's when you start to wrap up your thoughts. You want to give the paper a jolting feel after the ending, not a formulaic (and unfortunately, standard) "as you can see," or "I hope that I've proved," blah blah blah BS. Be brief, a few sentences that abstractly encapsulate your topic should handle it. Good tip, try to end on an unexpected, yet pleasant note; it energizes your writing. I peer review a bunch of my classmates' writing, and sometimes I think a machine writes it because it's so GD lifeless.

                    Just my $.02, though.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                    Comment


                    • ^ Yeah, what she said.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Shut up, Miggles.


                        *****.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          Shut up, Miggles. *****.
                          What are you talking about? 420 was Miggles....
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            Wrapping up your thoughts, and summarizing your point are very different. Summarizing your points are too elementary, and unfortunately such systematic writing dominates the education system. But in good writing, specifically nonfiction writing, you want to head for the nearest exit as soon as you feel you've aptly provided your facts/points.

                            Since you're only concerned about the ending at this point, I'll assume you've presented everything. That's when you start to wrap up your thoughts. You want to give the paper a jolting feel after the ending, not a formulaic (and unfortunately, standard) "as you can see," or "I hope that I've proved," blah blah blah BS. Be brief, a few sentences that abstractly encapsulate your topic should handle it. Good tip, try to end on an unexpected, yet pleasant note; it energizes your writing. I peer review a bunch of my classmates' writing, and sometimes I think a machine writes it because it's so GD lifeless.

                            Just my $.02, though.
                            Tried to make sense out of that, but it didn't really help much. It's just too vague.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                              Tried to make sense out of that, but it didn't really help much. It's just too vague.
                              your face is vague
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                your face is vague

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X