Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    I have a serious problem:

I can't seem to stay motivated in school. I'm in my second year and it's driving me insane. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm not lazy but this work is killing me and I have NO motivation or drive in me to do it.
    well could be just a phase Rudy....higher education is so important these days if you want to land a high paying job with good benefits... I've been a builder for many years like any job there are parts I find boring and dread but I just bear down and get done....And in the end I feel good about it.....Finding something you like doing is only half the battle, learning how to do it well comes through study/research and on the job training/experience.... its time that has to be put in if you want to be good at what you do....stick to it Rudy the rewards of tomorrow are from the hard work we put in today......book it !

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Being too busy for commitments toppled on top of long-standing commitment issues doesn't mix well. You're a psych major though, what's wrong with me Rudy?
      Nothing, you're just a ******bag LOL jk love ya.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
        well could be just a phase Rudy....higher education is so important these days if you want to land a high paying job with good benefits... I've been a builder for many years like any job there are parts I find boring and dread but I just bear down and get done....And in the end I feel good about it.....Finding something you like doing is only half the battle, learning how to do it well comes through study/research and on the job training/experience.... its time that has to be put in if you want to be good at what you do....stick to it Rudy the rewards of tomorrow are from the hard work we put in today......book it !
        Thanks B! B for BEST Friend. Haha I'm so cheesy..

Comment

Being too busy for commitments toppled on top of long-standing commitment issues doesn't mix well.

You're a psych major though, what's wrong with me Rudy?
          my line is,"I can't even commit to a cellphone contract..."
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• School sucks! Like seriously, I wish I can go and do something else.. but I really don't know what I would do.

I would seriously look into doing physical labor, something worthwhole though.

Comment

• Didn't realize how awesome Reddit was for searching Finance stuff. Pretty much the best finance "forum" for stuff. Really couldn't find anything else.

Comment

• You mean the best website in the history of the internet? Yea man, you can pretty much find everything there. pretty awesome
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Love it, just made an account there and just following ****. Might start asking questions in the Finance section too to get some information. It's amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                    Love it, just made an account there and just following ****. Might start asking questions in the Finance section too to get some information. It's amazing.
                    s'got something for everyone, man
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                      School sucks! Like seriously, I wish I can go and do something else.. but I really don't know what I would do.

I would seriously look into doing physical labor, something worthwhole though.
                      Join the Peace Corps.

Comment

• So, my boss was at it again with her wonderful descriptions. Today I ran what I called a Roma Chicken Wrap: Grilled chicken breast, marinated portabella mushrooms, sauteed spinach, with a sun-dried tomato and garlic aioli in a tomato wrap. That is how I dictated it to her.

It shows up on the specials sheet as this: Chicken Portabella Wrap: Grilled chicken breast strips (yes, strips), portabella mushroom, spinach, sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, in a wheat tortilla.

I know it's not a major difference, but damn. Chicken strips, really? And changing the aioli to mayo. FFS. Why can't she just write up what I tell her?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          So, my boss was at it again with her wonderful descriptions. Today I ran what I called a Roma Chicken Wrap: Grilled chicken breast, marinated portabella mushrooms, sauteed spinach, with a sun-dried tomato and garlic aioli in a tomato wrap. That is how I dictated it to her.

It shows up on the specials sheet as this: Chicken Portabella Wrap: Grilled chicken breast strips (yes, strips), portabella mushroom, spinach, sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, in a wheat tortilla.

I know it's not a major difference, but damn. Chicken strips, really? And changing the aioli to mayo. FFS. Why can't she just write up what I tell her?
                          Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool chicken strips. Wow um..she sounds..lovely lolol.

Seriously, I'd just be like "No disrespect ma'am, but I think my description fits the meal much better and it's more appealing SO SUCK MY MOTHER ****ING ****".

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            So, my boss was at it again with her wonderful descriptions. Today I ran what I called a Roma Chicken Wrap: Grilled chicken breast, marinated portabella mushrooms, sauteed spinach, with a sun-dried tomato and garlic aioli in a tomato wrap. That is how I dictated it to her.

Her version screams frozen chicken and bottled sauce. Even if that's what it is, it's less appealing.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Her version screams frozen chicken and bottled sauce. Even if that's what it is, it's less appealing.
                              Yup. Granted, I took some liberties with calling my sun-dried tomato and garlic mayo an aioli, but mayo and aioli are very similar and our clientele surely doesn't know the difference, lol. And I'm still mystified why she put it on the wheat wrap, particularly since we use honey wheat wraps; it just seems an odd flavor combo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool chicken strips. Wow um..she sounds..lovely lolol.

Seriously, I'd just be like "No disrespect ma'am, but I think my description fits the meal much better and it's more appealing SO SUCK MY MOTHER ****ING ****".
                                Honestly, I just wish I could write them up with the computer at the restaurant.

But, then again, I'd probably just ***** about having to take the time to print off the specials if I was able to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X