The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    Honestly, I just wish I could write them up with the computer at the restaurant. But, then again, I'd probably just ***** about having to take the time to print off the specials if I was able to do so.
    I want to eat at your restaurant. I actually just want to look at the menu to laugh at the elementary food descriptions.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Sigh...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        I want to eat at your restaurant. I actually just want to look at the menu to laugh at the elementary food descriptions.
        Same, I'll be there tomorrow.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• No, but really, I just like food. And I'm hungry now.

Comment

The food isn't bad, actually. Most of it isn't all that special, but just your standard diner-esque fare. But, yeah, the descriptions leave a bit to be desired.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              No, but really, I just like food. And I'm hungry now.
              Yeah, I'm getting munchie now, too. Unfortunately, I just realized I forgot to buy crackers to go with my roasted garlic humus.

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting munchie now, too. Unfortunately, I just realized I forgot to buy crackers to go with my roasted garlic humus.
                Sounds banging. I'm a big fan of tapenade, but I'm waiting for delivery from my place.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Sounds banging. I'm a big fan of tapenade, but I'm waiting for delivery from my place.
                  Tapenade is good stuff. I've never had this brand of regular humus before, but I tried their black bean humus with chipotle the other week and it was pretty good, so I figured I'd give this a shot. I've been making a slamming humus sandwich for my own lunch at work lately... Toasted 12 grain bread, humus, feta, red onion, roasted red pepper, black olives (though I wish I had Spanish olives for it), tomato, and lettuce or spinach. It's good ****. I miss the sandwich I used to make at the place I used to work (which was a Greek/Italian restaurant). Fresh, warm Italian bread, a little oil and red wine vinegar, anchovies, roasted red pepper, and fontinella cheese. Soooooo good.

Comment

Tapenade is good stuff. I've never had this brand of regular humus before, but I tried their black bean humus with chipotle the other week and it was pretty good, so I figured I'd give this a shot. I've been making a slamming humus sandwich for my own lunch at work lately... Toasted 12 grain bread, humus, feta, red onion, roasted red pepper, black olives (though I wish I had Spanish olives for it), tomato, and lettuce or spinach. It's good ****. I miss the sandwich I used to make at the place I used to work (which was a Greek/Italian restaurant). Fresh, warm Italian bread, a little oil and red wine vinegar, anchovies, roasted red pepper, and fontinella cheese. Soooooo good.
                    I FREAKING LOVR HUMMUS WITH TRISCUITS ASDFJLHFDGJK omg you have no idea.

Comment

• Also, if anyone is looking for a good, but different pizza suggestion, go for this: A white pizza (oil and maybe a little garlic as a base instead of pizza sauce), mozz, crushed red pepper, sausage, mushrooms, and anchovies. Effin' tasty. For whatever reason, there's only like 2 pizza places near me that carry anchovies, and one of them doesn't take credit cards for delivery orders. The bastages.

Comment

I FREAKING LOVR HUMMUS WITH TRISCUITS ASDFJLHFDGJK omg you have no idea.
                        I usually go with the Ritz cracker, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty badass with Triscuits.

Comment

• All this talk makes me want to start a tapas/wine/fine beer bar. Anyone got $500k seed money for me?

Comment

All this talk makes me want to start a tapas/wine/fine beer bar. Anyone got $500k seed money for me?
                            Honestly if I had it, I would. You know your food, wine, and beer pretty well! It would be a hit.

Comment

Also, if anyone is looking for a good, but different pizza suggestion, go for this: A white pizza (oil and maybe a little garlic as a base instead of pizza sauce), mozz, crushed red pepper, sausage, mushrooms, and anchovies. Effin' tasty. For whatever reason, there's only like 2 pizza places near me that carry anchovies, and one of them doesn't take credit cards for delivery orders. The bastages.
                              I swear you must be the cook in your house. That sounds amazing.

Comment

I swear you must be the cook in your house. That sounds amazing.
                                Yeah, but I cook rather uninspired at home, lol. It's just one of those things, I cook all day at work, by the time I get home and showered I don't have much motivation to do anything fancy. I did a lot of nice cooking at home when I first started the job I have now, because I was only able to get like 3 shifts a week, 4 if I was lucky.

It also doesn't help that my wife has celiac (she can't have anything with wheat gluten in it), so even if I want to do something simple like pasta, I have to cook two different pastas.

Comment

Working...
                                X