The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    I interviewed to be a medical support assistant at the local VA Hospital. It's pretty much just checking patients in and scheduling appointments, etc., but even at the lowest end of the starting pay scale it pays significantly more than I'm making now.
    Do you need a specific or particular degree for that?

Comment

• Woot just got my chem exam pushed back from tomorrow till monday

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
        Woot just got my chem exam pushed back from tomorrow till monday
        Woot, I've been done with school for like a week now.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          Woot, I've been done with school for like a week now.
          You suck and don't matter

Comment

You suck and don't matter
            Don't hate me cause you ain't me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
              Do you need a specific or particular degree for that?
              Nope. They require a 4 year degree or like 5 years experience. I have the degree and about half a MS, so I was set there. I'm not even thinking about doing it long term, necessarily. It's a Federal job, so once I'm in the system, I can use it to leap over to another Federal agency and do something else. What that something else is, I don't know yet.

Comment

Don't hate me cause you ain't me.
                Is that the twilight wolf in your avatar?

Comment

Is that the twilight wolf in your avatar?
                  Oh God no, Twilight is awful.

It's John Mayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Nope. They require a 4 year degree or like 5 years experience. I have the degree and about half a MS, so I was set there. I'm not even thinking about doing it long term, necessarily. It's a Federal job, so once I'm in the system, I can use it to leap over to another Federal agency and do something else. What that something else is, I don't know yet.
                    I feel like a lot of the students at my school have amazing GPAs and maybe that's why I'm a bit worried with school and the Finance/accounting field.

I feel like I'm thinking about THOSE insane jobs and meanwhile I don't have a bad track record at all at my company.

I finished my resume' as best as I could today so I am hoping to get it outa nd see if I can get interviews even though I am not going to accept.

I just feel weird saying "probably not" sorry.

Comment

• What if someone hacked Stephen Hawking's keyboard thing......

I can't sleep.

Comment

I feel like a lot of the students at my school have amazing GPAs and maybe that's why I'm a bit worried with school and the Finance/accounting field.

I feel like I'm thinking about THOSE insane jobs and meanwhile I don't have a bad track record at all at my company.

I finished my resume' as best as I could today so I am hoping to get it outa nd see if I can get interviews even though I am not going to accept.

I just feel weird saying "probably not" sorry.
                        Question:

Are you majoring in finance or accounting? Or both? I forgets..

Comment

Question:

Are you majoring in finance or accounting? Or both? I forgets..
                          I am majoring in Finance. Guess what? My school is awful and you CANNOT double major. Sounds ridiculous....because it is.

Comment

• The Intelligent Investor, great book. Little bit long, but I liked it.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I am majoring in Finance. Guess what? My school is awful and you CANNOT double major. Sounds ridiculous....because it is.
                              That is pretty dumb, I've never heard of that

Comment

I was just about to ask. I remember the discussion you and I had about you taking a year to study accounting I believe, and I was thinking why not double major. That really blows.

Comment

Working...
                                X