Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yup.

    I remember I was required to take an extra psych course and I was absolutely thrilled.
    They are mad fun. Like seriously, I sit in finance class and do the same **** over and over again with numbers and it's kinda dull... plus, I don't find myself really competitive at all.

    I'm the complete opposite of a ****ing alpha or beta male, whatever they call it.

    Finance is for competitors, and I'm like whatever. Always wanted to help people out.

    Someone needs to make a time machine.

    Comment


    • Oh and like, I'm a hard-worker and all at work, but I prefer talking to people and **** and having a good time at work. Not being hassled by different people because numbers are different in the systems.

      Like seriously, not that enjoyable.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Moke View Post
        They are mad fun. Like seriously, I sit in finance class and do the same **** over and over again with numbers and it's kinda dull... plus, I don't find myself really competitive at all.

        I'm the complete opposite of a ****ing alpha or beta male, whatever they call it.

        Finance is for competitors, and I'm like whatever. Always wanted to help people out.

        Someone needs to make a time machine.
        I can't believe some people bash social sciences.
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Oh and like, I'm a hard-worker and all at work, but I prefer talking to people and **** and having a good time at work. Not being hassled by different people because numbers are different in the systems.

          Like seriously, not that enjoyable.
          I like learning about people, and why people act the way they do.

          I was bullied very very badly in middle school, and while it hurt me..it also inspired me to become a psychologist, and study human emotions and what triggers anger, hate, etc. I guess that's why I love it so much. To try and shed light.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Very similar, but who hit them farther??
            We all love the Mick, but when Mick wasn't playing baseball what was he doing?

            When Ted wasn't playing ball he was flying missions over Europe fighting the Nazis.

            Just saying.

            In a career shortened 4+ years by military service he hit .344 with 521 HR's and 1839 RBI's.
            The single greatest hitter in baseball history.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              I can't believe some people bash social sciences.
              Social sciences are awesome. They have the nicest people. Although I met a psych major (woman) who was a total *****. Actually she was my age about, and she had an attitude when I said I knew the chairman and that I would e-mail him myself for an appointment.

              Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              I like learning about people, and why people act the way they do.

              I was bullied very very badly in middle school, and while it hurt me..it also inspired me to become a psychologist, and study human emotions and what triggers anger, hate, etc. I guess that's why I love it so much. To try and shed light.
              Right?!?! I was kinda bullied as well, because I decided I rather have friends who loved playing video games and **** rather than kids who bragged about how many girls they got with at the age of 13.

              Also, we watched this awesome film on autism that really wanted to get me working with kids, like child psychology.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                Social sciences are awesome. They have the nicest people. Although I met a psych major (woman) who was a total *****. Actually she was my age about, and she had an attitude when I said I knew the chairman and that I would e-mail him myself for an appointment.



                Right?!?! I was kinda bullied as well, because I decided I rather have friends who loved playing video games and **** rather than kids who bragged about how many girls they got with at the age of 13.

                Also, we watched this awesome film on autism that really wanted to get me working with kids, like child psychology.
                I used to work with autistic kids. Have you ever read "The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night Time?", it's about a kid with autism trying to figure out who or what mysteriously killed a dog. It sounds really silly, but it's an interesting read, because you're in the mind of an autistic child.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  We all love the Mick, but when Mick wasn't playing baseball what was he doing?

                  When Ted wasn't playing ball he was flying missions over Europe fighting the Nazis.

                  Just saying.

                  In a career shortened 4+ years by military service he hit .344 with 521 HR's and 1839 RBI's.
                  The single greatest hitter in baseball history.
                  Mantle had a degeneritive bone disease that prevented him from being in the military even if he wanted to. I know people didn't like him for it, but what are you going to do about that??
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    I used to work with autistic kids. Have you ever read "The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night Time?", it's about a kid with autism trying to figure out who or what mysteriously killed a dog. It sounds really silly, but it's an interesting read, because you're in the mind of an autistic child.
                    Naw, seems interesting though

                    Comment


                    • Wildly disappointed that my girlfriend got us tickets to see the Great Gatsby, people are reviewing it and saying it is horrible... I don't know what to tell her?

                      That I actually don't wanna go and see it? She's gonna take offense to it, but I don't want her to waste her money.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                        Wildly disappointed that my girlfriend got us tickets to see the Great Gatsby, people are reviewing it and saying it is horrible... I don't know what to tell her?

                        That I actually don't wanna go and see it? She's gonna take offense to it, but I don't want her to waste her money.
                        People are saying it's horrible?!!!!


                        UGH NOO
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • I actually started having doubts about the movie when I heard the soundtrack. It was mostly pop/rap...it's modernized.

                          Didn't know Jay-Z was around in the 1920's...
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            We all love the Mick, but when Mick wasn't playing baseball what was he doing?

                            When Ted wasn't playing ball he was flying missions over Europe fighting the Nazis.

                            Just saying.

                            In a career shortened 4+ years by military service he hit .344 with 521 HR's and 1839 RBI's.
                            The single greatest hitter in baseball history.
                            Nursing his injuries with booz like a real man. Like Whitey said "hes wrapped up like a mummy and hes still good"

                            20x All star, 7x World Champ, 3x AL MVP, Triple Crown winner. 18 hrs in the WS, like a boss.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              I actually started having doubts about the movie when I heard the soundtrack. It was mostly pop/rap...it's modernized.

                              Didn't know Jay-Z was around in the 1920's...
                              Yea they did that with the Red Tails movie and the Jackie Robbinson movie. Not a fan of that. Red Tails was ok, love those Mustangs. and bubbles from the wire was in it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                I actually started having doubts about the movie when I heard the soundtrack. It was mostly pop/rap...it's modernized.

                                Didn't know Jay-Z was around in the 1920's...
                                I'm assuming you never watched Romeo + Juliett...........
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X