No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That being said, I'm already partial to R&J, because I'm much more familiar with the story seeing as how everyone knows it, and I havent read Gatsby in probably 15 years.

I wonder if the director got the idea from watching the season of Entourage where all he wanted to do was Gatsby lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      I actually started having doubts about the movie when I heard the soundtrack. It was mostly pop/rap...it's modernized.Didn't know Jay-Z was around in the 1920's...
      That's why there are bad reviews. And that's going to turn me off

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Mantle had a degeneritive bone disease that prevented him from being in the military even if he wanted to. I know people didn't like him for it, but what are you going to do about that??
        Not berating Mick. I'm emphasizing the greatness of Ted Williams.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Nursing his injuries with booz like a real man. Like Whitey said "hes wrapped up like a mummy and hes still good"

20x All star, 7x World Champ, 3x AL MVP, Triple Crown winner. 18 hrs in the WS, like a boss.
          Mickey said many times that he regretted his lifestyle and admitted that if he had taken better care of himself, he would have had a much better career.
          Again...not knocking Mickey. I loved him when he played. I saw him play in 1968 at bat day, June 9th, 1968 at Yankee Stadium, and later in Cleveland.
          Remember my past Dezzy????

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Mickey said many times that he regretted his lifestyle and admitted that if he had taken better care of himself, he would have had a much better career.
            Again...not knocking Mickey. I loved him when he played. I saw him play in 1968 at bat day, June 9th, 1968 at Yankee Stadium, and later in Cleveland.
            July 1st, 2009....Ken Griffey Jr....best birthday present ever.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea I know, seen him say that a few times on those YES documentaries. Makes you wonder...

How can we forget, traitor.

Comment

I'm assuming you never watched Romeo + Juliett...........
                I have.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

lmao....gets me every time!!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I have.
                    Well you should know that the music was not the part that made/broke the movie. =P

It's not about the music, it's about film adaptation, acting and story telling. If it does the trick, then I'm sure I'll like it.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Well you should know that the music was not the part that made/broke the movie. =PIt's not about the music, it's about film adaptation, acting and story telling. If it does the trick, then I'm sure I'll like it.
                      Well Great Gatsby takes place during the roaring 20's, with j*** music and big band swing. It's just a little strange to have freaking Pitbull or whatever in a 1920's setting. Also given the fact that The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books, I'm going to be very critical on every detail lol.

Comment

Yea I know, seen him say that a few times on those YES documentaries. Makes you wonder...

Mikey was a lovable guy. Ted wasn't. But Ted's baseball career AND his military service make him a truly great American.

Comment

Well Great Gatsby takes place during the roaring 20's, with j*** music and big band swing. It's just a little strange to have freaking Pitbull or whatever in a 1920's setting. Also given the fact that The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books, I'm going to be very critical on every detail lol.
                          As I said a few weeks ago....Remakes almost always suck!

Comment

Mikey was a lovable guy. Ted wasn't. But Ted's baseball career AND his military service make him a truly great American.
                            Yea Teddy did have pretty swing. Iv herd he wasnt that nice too, not sure if thats what you mean.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpfAU3QVod8

Comment

• How do people read Twitter, its so all over the place, gives me a headache trying to figure out whos talking who

Comment

How do people read Twitter, its so all over the place, gives me a headache trying to figure out whos talking who
                                It's fairly easy. I'm assuming you have an account?

Comment

Working...
                                X