No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Egyptians consider themselves African or Middle Eastern?
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Do Egyptians consider themselves African or Middle Eastern?
      genetically or geographically speaking?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
        genetically or geographically speaking?
        Geographically. Actually, both.

Comment

Geographically. Actually, both.
          Geographically I'd say Middle Eastern. Genetically both, even though when Ancient Egyptians are depicted in movies/TV their skin is a lot lighter than it should be. I'm pretty sure that Halie Selassie among others conquered Egypt so I'd say they most certainly have some African blood running through their veins.

Comment

Geographically I'd say Middle Eastern. Genetically both, even though when Ancient Egyptians are depicted in movies/TV their skin is a lot lighter than it should be. I'm pretty sure that Halie Selassie among others conquered Egypt so I'd say they most certainly have some African blood running through their veins.
            Egypt is part of Africa. Whether or not Egyptians identify more with the Middle East (which is part of Asia)/Arabs is a different story, and a story that I do not know. For all I know, they consider themselves just Egyptian and not African or Middle Eastern.

Comment

• **** *****es. Give me a fat **** that cooks and washes dishes.

Comment

omfg....

He's either really bad, or he didn't study.
                I think he might have taken the fail, but why? If he did poorly on the 1st exam, he had the 2nd exam and the final to make up for it. Weird to me.

Comment

Do Egyptians consider themselves African or Middle Eastern?
                  Culturally, they are Middle Easterners.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Egypt is part of Africa. Whether or not Egyptians identify more with the Middle East (which is part of Asia)/Arabs is a different story, and a story that I do not know. For all I know, they consider themselves just Egyptian and not African or Middle Eastern.
                    True, but their capital, Cairo is right on the boarder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      So basically they are their own country lol. That makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Yeah, I think that describes them best.

I remember asking my friend a while back, but I forgot what they explained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Culturally there's a strong mix between Arabic and Coptic influences. Egyptians more than likely identify as being Egyptian, much like Iranians identify more with being Persian than Arab/Middle Eastern.

Comment

True, but their capital, Cairo is right on the boarder.
                            And our Capitol is right on the border of north and south, so should all Americans consider themselves either northerners or southerners?

Comment

Egypt has had a lot of foreign influences over the centuries. They were conquered many times by Canaanites, Nubians, Persians, Babylon. From 332 BC Macedonia/Greece ruled over Egypt until the Romans arrived. Once Rome fell the Byzantines had it for a bit before Arab Muslims conquered in 646.

Comment

• Egyptian girls are so hot.

Comment

Working...
                                X