The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Don't get chippy with me, I know how the world works.
    Who says I was getting chippy. You don't want to see me get chippy. You won't like me when I get chippy......................

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
      Who says I was getting chippy. You don't want to see me get chippy. You won't like me when I get chippy......................
      You were being chippy, and you are STILL being chippy. Chippy McChipster.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I miss the cafeteria at my college it was open 24/7. I could snack whenever I wanted

Comment

You were being chippy, and you are STILL being chippy. Chippy McChipster.
          Don't make me warm up my pimp hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
            I miss the cafeteria at my college it was open 24/7. I could snack whenever I wanted
            Do you not have a refrigerator?

I know what you mean, though. Luckily there's some delivery spots by me that are open until the wee hours of the morning.

Comment

Don't make me warm up my pimp hand.
              Warm it up.

Comment

Warm it up.

Consider it warmed.

Comment

Consider it warmed.
                  You hit like a girl

Comment

You hit like a girl
                    lol

Comment

• Here's two examples of why I'm not going to terribly miss the restaurant biz when I finally leave. 1) The other day we had a lady place a take out order during the middle of the lunch rush. Mind you, when her ticket came in, there were 12-15 tickets ahead of hers (and the place I work only has 2 cooks during the week). At ten minutes, she has one of the hostesses ask how much longer her food is going to be. I said it was going to be a few or so more minutes. Like four minutes later, one of the waitresses comes back and says the lady is nearly in tears wondering where her food is, what should I tell her? I said, tell her to grow the **** up. I mean, 15 minutes, while not ideal, is not a very long time to wait for your food. 2) On Saturday during the middle of the lunch rush, a waitress comes up to the pass with a zip-lock bag with a couple of slices of bread in it and asks if we could toast it for a customer. I said that it was too busy for me to make sure there was no cross contamination (I assume it's someone with a food allergy). The waitress goes to the table to tell the customer that, comes back and says that the lady doesn't have a food allergy; she just wants her own bread. ****ing really? What kind of self important **** brings in their own ****ing bread to a restaurant for them to toast? A little later the waitress comes back and asks for some extra salsa for the table. I told her that they could get some at the same store that they brought their bread at (I, of course, gave them their salsa).

Comment

Here's two examples of why I'm not going to terribly miss the restaurant biz when I finally leave. 1) The other day we had a lady place a take out order during the middle of the lunch rush. Mind you, when her ticket came in, there were 12-15 tickets ahead of hers (and the place I work only has 2 cooks during the week). At ten minutes, she has one of the hostesses ask how much longer her food is going to be. I said it was going to be a few or so more minutes. Like four minutes later, one of the waitresses comes back and says the lady is nearly in tears wondering where her food is, what should I tell her? I said, tell her to grow the **** up. I mean, 15 minutes, while not ideal, is not a very long time to wait for your food. 2) On Saturday during the middle of the lunch rush, a waitress comes up to the pass with a zip-lock bag with a couple of slices of bread in it and asks if we could toast it for a customer. I said that it was too busy for me to make sure there was no cross contamination (I assume it's someone with a food allergy). The waitress goes to the table to tell the customer that, comes back and says that the lady doesn't have a food allergy; she just wants her own bread. ****ing really? What kind of self important **** brings in their own ****ing bread to a restaurant for them to toast? A little later the waitress comes back and asks for some extra salsa for the table. I told her that they could get some at the same store that they brought their bread at (I, of course, gave them their salsa).
                        Lol crying because she had to wait for her food. Meanwhile there are starving children in Africa hoping to get a friggen meal. Unbelievable.

Comment

Lol crying because she had to wait for her food. Meanwhile there are starving children in Africa hoping to get a friggen meal. Unbelievable.
                          And bloody hell, it was only 15 minutes from the time we got her order until she got it. She wasn't even waiting that​ long.

I imagine she needed to get back to work, but still, a lack of planning on her part an emergency on mine does not make. Especially when there's a Chipotle next door to my restaurant, a Burger King and 5 Guys across the street, and a McDonalds one block down. If you're in a hurry, go to one of the many fast food places (though 5 Guys wouldn't have been any faster than we were).
                          Last edited by Drez; 05-27-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Here's two examples of why I'm not going to terribly miss the restaurant biz when I finally leave. 1) The other day we had a lady place a take out order during the middle of the lunch rush. Mind you, when her ticket came in, there were 12-15 tickets ahead of hers (and the place I work only has 2 cooks during the week). At ten minutes, she has one of the hostesses ask how much longer her food is going to be. I said it was going to be a few or so more minutes. Like four minutes later, one of the waitresses comes back and says the lady is nearly in tears wondering where her food is, what should I tell her? I said, tell her to grow the **** up. I mean, 15 minutes, while not ideal, is not a very long time to wait for your food. 2) On Saturday during the middle of the lunch rush, a waitress comes up to the pass with a zip-lock bag with a couple of slices of bread in it and asks if we could toast it for a customer. I said that it was too busy for me to make sure there was no cross contamination (I assume it's someone with a food allergy). The waitress goes to the table to tell the customer that, comes back and says that the lady doesn't have a food allergy; she just wants her own bread. ****ing really? What kind of self important **** brings in their own ****ing bread to a restaurant for them to toast? A little later the waitress comes back and asks for some extra salsa for the table. I told her that they could get some at the same store that they brought their bread at (I, of course, gave them their salsa).
                            Man, I could rant on this subject for days.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              Man, I could rant on this subject for days.
                              I once worked at a private club. I had a lady send a salad back because it didn't have as many julienned carrots on it as the lady sitting next to her. True story.

Comment

I once worked at a private club. I had a lady send a salad back because it didn't have as many julienned carrots on it as the lady sitting next to her. True story.
                                And I mean it literally had 3 fewer carrot shreds on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X