The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
    It's like a debate room really haha. Like 15 kids no joke, and we make a circle and talk about ****. She lectures some times but I always interrupt to make a few good points and goes off tangent into a great discussion.

I should honestly teach this course. If you know technology and you are in the younger generation, it's mad simple.
    Sounds like a fun class.

My government class in high school was like that, except we had 30 some students, but we would debate topics and talk about real world events have how politics shape how we are. I miss that class.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
      No, usually if one poster in particular is bothering EVERYONE then that person leaves, but hey we don't all live in rudyland
      Of course you guys don't..if you did, you all would be awesome like me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Of course you guys don't..if you did, you all would be awesome like me.
        just read your sig, makes sense now

Comment

Ha no, because I came on here and saw what you guys were talking about..

you were even like this place is dead and cried for Mokeypooh.

I win. Join ShakeandMasturbate in the corner.
          The difference is here is that:

troll-Moke is funny.

troll-Rudy is unfunny and asinine.

Comment

Sounds like a fun class.

My government class in high school was like that, except we had 30 some students, but we would debate topics and talk about real world events have how politics shape how we are. I miss that class.
            Open discussion classes are the best. It really broadens the mind. IF I was a professor, I would easily not give any exams. Everything would be case study presentations, and open discussion on the subject matter.

Exams are dumb, lectures are dumb. You don't learn a lot, especially when you're falling asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
              just read your sig, makes sense now
              See! It all makes sense!

Comment

Open discussion classes are the best. It really broadens the mind. IF I was a professor, I would easily not give any exams. Everything would be case study presentations, and open discussion on the subject matter.

Exams are dumb, lectures are dumb. You don't learn a lot, especially when you're falling asleep.
                All exams do is make you memorize crap you aren't going to keep in your memory down the road.

Open discussion better prepares you in the long road.

Comment

• Marilyn Manson is not ****ing normal, and he's weird. But he's an intelligent guy according to my friend who follows him dearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                    The difference is here is that:

troll-Moke is gay.

troll-Rudy is funny, and hot.
                    Truer words have never been written.

Comment

Marilyn Manson is not ****ing normal, and he's weird. But he's an intelligent guy according to my friend who follows him dearly.
                      He's very very smart..might be a little odd..well very odd, but if you listen to his interviews, he's very soft spoken.

Comment

All exams do is make you memorize crap you aren't going to keep in your memory down the road.

Definitely. And one of the best speakers/debators, Christopher Hitchens, said that people need to talk more. I feel like technology allows you to post **** on the interwebs, but you don't learn the best speaking devices - body language, adjusting audio tones, etc.

This makes you dumb in the real world, not really depending on what career path either.

Comment

He's very very smart..might be a little odd..well very odd, but if you listen to his interviews, he's very soft spoken.
                          I have to search YouTube for his interviews. I really never listened to him because I grew up with a lot of kids that made fun of him, so I thought it was socially unacceptable to even say his name. Not even kidding... god, I hate my neighborhood.

Comment

Definitely. And one of the best speakers/debators, Christopher Hitchens, said that people need to talk more. I feel like technology allows you to post **** on the interwebs, but you don't learn the best speaking devices - body language, adjusting audio tones, etc.

This makes you dumb in the real world, not really depending on what career path either.
                            I wrote an entire research paper on why the SATs need to be abolished., there's actually some very smart people who have gotten a perfect 2400 on it that feels like it didn't help them prepare for college.

I know it's a measurement, but it's a dumb measurement to me.

Comment

I have to search YouTube for his interviews. I really never listened to him because I grew up with a lot of kids that made fun of him, so I thought it was socially unacceptable to even say his name. Not even kidding... god, I hate my neighborhood.
                              I think guys like Lil' Wayne and Kanye West are worse.

Comment

Not true. It depends on the exam, if you are talking multiple choice then yeah but essays definitely check your understanding and critical thinking on said subject. Plus in an open discussion a teacher can not assess everyone equally considering some people may not get a word in at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X