No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudyy, seeing as I couldn't get this in in time before the Eli thread got locked earlier...

You will most likely never have to write a paper using Chicago. Just about the only people that still use it are historians and some philosophy profs. It's pretty much the old standard that MLA and APA replaced.

However, for the record:

Footnoting >>> In line citation

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
      Rudyy, seeing as I couldn't get this in in time before the Eli thread got locked earlier...You will most likely never have to write a paper using Chicago. Just about the only people that still use it are historians and some philosophy profs. It's pretty much the old standard that MLA and APA replaced.However, for the record:Footnoting >>> In line citation
      I HATE citations. I don't understand why we have to use quotes and cite them, and then do a work cited page. What the ****?
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        I HATE citations. I don't understand why we have to use quotes and cite them, and then do a work cited page. What the ****?
        Well, there's more information in the works cited page than in the citation. You still have to do the cites with Chicago; they're just in the footnote and not cluttering up the writing. However, you can do one awesome thing in Chicago that you cannot do in MLA or APA, and that is the use of ibid. Ibid is so sweet. If the source you're citing is the same as your previous citation, you just write ibid. p. 34. No more writing, Cohen, Gutenweiller, Smith, et al. 5 times in a row.

And just wait until you have to write annotated bibliographies. Those are so much fun. Ick.

Comment

• Talking about vacations is funner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
            Talking about vacations is funner.
            Get in touch with your inner nerd.

Comment

• Anime! Just kidding. Not a fan.

Comment

Anime! Just kidding. Not a fan.
                That would be your inner geek.

Comment

Talking about vacations is funner.
                  More fun*

Comment

• Or freak

Comment

Anime! Just kidding. Not a fan.
                      Anime is...interesting lol.

Comment

More fun*
                        Ah, but you missed the joke! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          Well, there's more information in the works cited page than in the citation. You still have to do the cites with Chicago; they're just in the footnote and not cluttering up the writing. However, you can do one awesome thing in Chicago that you cannot do in MLA or APA, and that is the use of ibid. Ibid is so sweet. If the source you're citing is the same as your previous citation, you just write ibid. p. 34. No more writing, Cohen, Gutenweiller, Smith, et al. 5 times in a row.And just wait until you have to write annotated bibliographies. Those are so much fun. Ick.
                          I'm saying you can clearly see where I got my work from, from my citations alone. A works cited page provides more detail, but it's not necessary.

Comment

Ah, but you missed the joke! lol
                            I caught it lol, I wanted to correct you anyways because I hate you.

Comment

Anime is...interesting lol.
                              Record of Lodoss War and Vamiper Hunter D (the first one) FTW!!!!!

Comment

I caught it lol, I wanted to correct you anyways because I hate you.
                                Interesting attempt at a save

Comment

Working...
                                X