The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy31 View Post
    Kinda sad how some people don't trust Brown.
    Personally, I think he the perfect partner to Wilson.
    Brown runs hard and with power and is great at the goal line and short yardage.
    If they both stay healthy, it could be a great tandem.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy31 View Post
      Kinda sad how some people don't trust Brown.
      Brown looked very good last year. I am definitely looking forward to seeing his play this year.

Comment

• So anyone read any good books lately?
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          So anyone read any good books lately?
          The Book of Rudy. All jokes aside, I just finished Great Expectations by Charles ****ens.
          Last edited by Rudy; 03-17-2013, 11:04 AM.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            The Book of Rudy. All jokes aside, I just finished Great Expectations by Charles ****ens.
            Outside of school, I would never read fiction.

I did enjoy The Road, though.

Comment

Outside of school, I would never read fiction. I did enjoy The Road, though.
              Why don't you like fiction?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                Brown looked very good last year. I am definitely looking forward to seeing his play this year.
                Him and Wilson can be dangerous together. Just gotta get the o line in check.

Comment

Why don't you like fiction?
                  I'd rather just watch TV.

Plus, to understand the symbolism, and allusions that makes the best fictional literature so powerful, you need to be proficient in non-fictional topics.

Plus, I don't feel like reading The Bible to really understand every mention of a fruit in a garden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Personally, I think he the perfect partner to Wilson.
                    Brown runs hard and with power and is great at the goal line and short yardage.
                    If they both stay healthy, it could be a great tandem.
                    Hes good at making his own holes too. Its weird though, you think someone as strong and aggressive as Bradshaw could make those same holes. He did at times but not like Brown was doing.

Comment

I'd rather just watch TV. Plus, to understand the symbolism, and allusions that makes the best fictional literature so powerful, you need to be proficient in non-fictional topics. Plus, I don't feel like reading The Bible to really understand every mention of a fruit in a garden.
                      Well if one is proficient in non-fictional readings, fiction should be a piece of cake, but you make an interesting point. I just started a book about Nazi's...can't get any realer than that, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Hes good at making his own holes too. Its weird though, you think someone as strong and aggressive as Bradshaw could make those same holes. He did at times but not like Brown was doing.
                        Yeah, Bradshaw was tough, but Brown had better vision.

Comment

Well if one is proficient in non-fictional readings, fiction should be a piece of cake, but you make an interesting point. I just started a book about Nazi's...can't get any realer than that, haha.
                          Yeah, no, not really!

I actually just watched Judgement at Nuremberg at school a couple weeks ago. Interesting, especially since judges were judging ex-judges.

Comment

• Currently reading The Shallows by Nicholas Carr. It's fascinating IMO.

I also am trying to read the 3rd Game of Thrones book again, but I forgot how lengthy it is, and never really have the time. Plus, season 3 is starting soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                              Currently reading The Shallows by Nicholas Carr. It's fascinating IMO.

I also am trying to read the 3rd Game of Thrones book again, but I forgot how lengthy it is, and never really have the time. Plus, season 3 is starting soon.
                              The Shallows looks excellent, I'll have to read that once I get some other books done. I read A Whole New Mind by Dan Pink a few weeks ago, and it was pretty interesting.

Currently I'm reading: Willpower, The E-Myth Revisited, Getting Things Done, The Power of Habit, and 1L of a Ride.

I recently completed: I Will Teach You to be Rich, and How to Be Richer, Smarter, and Better-Looking Than Your Parents (I got into a little personal finance kick lol) as well as The Personal MBA, Good to Great, Built to Last, and How the Mighty Fall.

The Jim Collins books were read mainly in December/January.

Comment

Yeah, Bradshaw was tough, but Brown had better vision.
                                Actually, I don't even know if Brown has much better vision. What he does have is better patience in letting his blockers set stuff up and he's more decisive when a hole is there. Bradshaw kept wanting to bounce things outside or cut back, but just wasn't quick enough anymore to make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X