The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
    the attempted one that failed? yes. next time.....eh?
    It didn't fail. You two totally fell for it.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      It didn't fail. You two totally fell for it.
      Revisionist history is fun

Comment

Revisionist history is fun
        Don't deny it, it worked.

Comment

the attempted one that failed? yes. next time.....eh?
          Please don't encourage her.

Comment

Don't deny it, it worked.
            I don't believe you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
              Please don't encourage her.
              LOL I'm a little trouble maker aren't I?

Comment

• ANYYYYWAY, who's ready for some football...on your phone?

Comment

Didn't I tell you to get Chipotle for lunch once and you didn't? UGH!

I ended up getting Subway, I love their cookies.
                  I think i ended up getting Korean bbq that day.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                    I think i ended up getting Korean bbq that day.
                    That sounds like a better choice actually.

Comment

• I got back to school in 3 weeks

Comment

• You've got to be ****ing with me...http://deadspin.com/worst-columnist-...ium=socialflow

Comment

Don't take the title and run with it. Here is what she said:

On a much less historically significant scale, so it is with Johnny Football — and no, this is not intended in any way to compare the vast evil of Jim Crow to an incompetent NCAA investigation, or to slings from TV commentators.
                          http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...pocrisy-080813

Note: "much less historically significant scale."
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            Don't take the title and run with it. Here is what she said:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...pocrisy-080813

Note: "much less historically significant scale."
                            It doesn't matter if it's "much less", the comparison itself is ridiculous.

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's "much less", the comparison itself is ridiculous.
                              It only doesn't matter when you want to be outraged.

All that writer did was draw a parallel to the structure of the Rosa Parks/Civil Rights Movement:

1. Injustice
                              2. Stand taken
                              3. Return to justice

That's all. It's only ill-conceived because it could be seen as marginalizing the heroic efforts of an entire race. But that wasn't completely unfounded by the writer, who, after writing her lead, made it very clear to whoever wasn't already manufacturing outrage and feeding their blogs, that it was "much less" significant.

If she didn't acknowledge that the severity between the two are far apart in terms of historical significance, then yeah, I'd agree with you that it's a ridiculous comparison.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                It only doesn't matter when you want to be outraged.

Nobody "wants" or wishes to be outraged. It's an outragish thing to say by itself.

All that writer did was draw a parallel to the structure of the Rosa Parks/Civil Rights Movement:

1. Injustice
                                2. Stand taken
                                3. Return to justice

That's all. It's only ill-conceived because it could be seen as marginalizing the heroic efforts of an entire race. But that wasn't completely unfounded by the writer, who, after writing her lead, made it very clear to whoever wasn't already manufacturing outrage and feeding their blogs, that it was "much less" significant.

If she didn't acknowledge that the severity between the two are far apart in terms of historical significance, then yeah, I'd agree with you that it's a ridiculous comparison.
                                It was a poor comparison. I understand injustice, I understand taking a stand.

The injustice of going to jail because you're black and you sat in the "white section" of the bus is different than the injustice of being penalized for a college athlete selling autographs. I understand where she is coming from with trying to tie the two together, because they both ARE injustices, but the two acts are on a different level on injustice. Which is why the article is completely insane IMO.

I'm not claiming she's being racist, I'm claiming she made a poor comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X