The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    When someone uses Rosa Parks only as a comparison to the tipping point against injustice, the comparison is valid if someone defies the injustice and prompts discussion for reform. This holds true despite the completely differing level of injustice.

Your whole argument has been predicated upon the comparison being terrible because the situations are completely different. They are completely different, so I understand why it is that you're reluctant to accept my conclusion. But, the argument that you've presented indicates to me that you're looking for the debate where people call Johnny Football a hero for his efforts, and, unless I've missed it, no one is making that argument. That debate would be foolish to make, because what Manziel is standing up to is not even remotely close to what Parks stood up to. Like I said, though, no one is saying that.

Again, the writer is clear in her intent:
    I'm reluctant to accept your conclusion because like most of your conclusions, it's off base, asinine.
    Hero? LOL, where did you read that? Or are you assuming again. Stop digging.

Everything you are underlining, bolding, italicizing is the same point.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Hero? LOL, where did you read that? Or are you assuming again. Stop digging.
      I said: "the argument that you've presented indicates to me that you're looking for the debate where people call Johnny Football a hero for his efforts, and, unless I've missed it, no one is making that argument." Lmao, you colossally misread that, as I'm sure you did the rest of that post, too.

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Everything you are underlining, bolding, italicizing is the same point.
      And what new premises have you unleashed through your received thrashing? That it's a terrible comparison? That's all it is you've said, but the fact of the matter is, it isn't. Parks was a tipping point, and the writer thinks Manziel is too. And, the "same points" I've reiterated is the one that doesn't resonate with you: that's the only comparison she's making -- they are both tipping points, and it's true, regardless of the magnitude of what it is they're "tipping."
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I said: "the argument that you've presented indicates to me that you're looking for the debate where people call Johnny Football a hero for his efforts, and, unless I've missed it, no one is making that argument." Lmao, you colossally misread that, as I'm sure you did the rest of that post, too.

And what new premises have you unleashed through your received thrashing? That it's a terrible comparison? That's all it is you've said, but the fact of the matter is, it isn't. Parks was a tipping point, and the writer thinks Manziel is too. And, the "same points" I've reiterated is the one that doesn't resonate with you: that's the only comparison she's making -- they are both tipping points, and it's true, regardless of the magnitude of what it is they're "tipping."
        Sorry to those who have missed the conclusion of this debate:

Basically, I won. It was continued on Facebook.

Comment

Sorry to those who have missed the conclusion of this debate:

Basically, I won. It was continued on Facebook.
          ahh you jerks....well if you won, i guess I won also. So I'll allow this.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Sorry to those who have missed the conclusion of this debate:Basically, I won. It was continued on Facebook.
            OOO-RAAHH!
            2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
            2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
            3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
            4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
            5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
            6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
            7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Sorry to those who have missed the conclusion of this debate:Basically, I won. It was continued on Facebook.
              Lmao yeah right, you continued to get thrashed on FB until you just said "it's stupid." "The article was dumb." "JM isn't a tipping point, no wait he is." And her reading didn't improve much through the medium switch, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                Logic prevails.

How are you Justin, can I call you Justin? I'm gonna call you Justin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
                  OOO-RAAHH!
                  Sup man, welcome to the Lounge.

Comment

Lmao yeah right, you continued to get thrashed on FB until you just said "it's stupid." "The article was dumb." "JM isn't a tipping point, no wait he is." And her reading didn't improve much through the medium switch, either.
                    And you continued not to read what I wrote in the beginning.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. GO TO WORK

Comment

Logic prevails.

How are you Justin, can I call you Justin? I'm gonna call you Justin.
                      I guess....but I usually go by JP
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        Trust me, she interprets losses as wins. Don't demean yourself to those levels, JP. You're better than that.

Comment

• I'm going to Buffalo wild wings tonight!!!!!

Comment

And you continued not to read what I wrote in the beginning.Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnn. GO TO WORK
                            All I read from you was a series of contradictions and misinterpretation of what I was saying the whole time. Once you understood what I was saying, you tap danced into the "well that's stupid," as you typically do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                              I'm going to Buffalo wild wings tonight!!!!!
                              Garlic parm wings are overrated, just a heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                                I'm going to Buffalo wild wings tonight!!!!!
                                Honey barbecue..boneless.

GO

Comment

Working...
                                X