Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The JOBS movie is almost out already? Wow, talk about a ton of marketing.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Moke View Post
      Yeah, I guess you can always follow Buffett but I am sure he loses a ton of money and don't care.

      I also might go to Fidelity tomorrow and invest in some mutual funds because I don't like this $0.01 I am getting on my IRA.
      No. Those books are shams. Not because they don't offer sound advice, but because any time you publicize a winning strategy, the following that it gathers diminishes returns until there is nothing left.

      And plus, some of the strategies you read in such books are completely ludicrous, such as "The Foolish Four."
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        No. Those books are shams. Not because they don't offer sound advice, but because any time you publicize a winning strategy, the following that it gathers diminishes returns until there is nothing left.

        And plus, some of the strategies you read in such books are completely ludicrous, such as "The Foolish Four."
        Intelligent Investor is an amazing book. I read some of it.

        First thing they taught is - don't do what the consensus is starting to do. The popular way isn't the best way.

        most people will do it, like you said, which will diminish returns.

        Plus, if everyone is investing in something, it's not a great idea.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Intelligent Investor is an amazing book. I read some of it.

          First thing they taught is - don't do what the consensus is starting to do. The popular way isn't the best way.

          most people will do it, like you said, which will diminish returns.

          Plus, if everyone is investing in something, it's not a great idea.
          Moke, now I'm just disappointed in you.

          You read such a great book, and you're still wondering if these goofy speculation strategies work.

          Get your ****ing car fixed, man...
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Moke, now I'm just disappointed in you.

            You read such a great book, and you're still wondering if these goofy speculation strategies work.

            Get your ****ing car fixed, man...
            I was making a joke haha.

            And yeah, I was reading it but it's such a difficult book!

            I have to read it again. I just hate the PDF version on my kindle.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Moke View Post
              I was making a joke haha.

              And yeah, I was reading it but it's such a difficult book!

              I have to read it again. I just hate the PDF version on my kindle.
              It is very long, but it's loaded with knowledge.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                Cheer up, man....

                You were never gonna see Barden succeed.
                that was one player that when we drafted him I got excited at the possibility....

                I was like...did we just draft a megatron??
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  It is very long, but it's loaded with knowledge.
                  I felt like it was difficult to read because it was really really loaded with knowledge

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    that was one player that when we drafted him I got excited at the possibility....

                    I was like...did we just draft a megatron??
                    bbbbbbbbbbbbbahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah


                    at the time, it was probably a rational thought...but now LOL
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                      I felt like it was difficult to read because it was really really loaded with knowledge
                      As someone with very, very little background knowledge on finance, I found it much easier to read if you start with the commentaries, and follow that up with the actual chapters. You gain some kind of context.

                      I have the book, but I read it on the PDF after a while, because it was much easier to search up unfamiliar terms.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        As someone with very, very little background knowledge on finance, I found it much easier to read if you start with the commentaries, and follow that up with the actual chapters. You gain some kind of context.

                        I have the book, but I read it on the PDF after a while, because it was much easier to search up unfamiliar terms.
                        Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out

                        Comment


                        • I used the website - marketwatch to get a lot of information. They have some good insight honestly.

                          Comment


                          • Breaking Bad.
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • Breaking Bad time, omgz!!!

                              Comment


                              • The greatest video on YouTube "I better call Saul!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnHtGgVAUE
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X