The Freaking Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
    Just one building with an apartment downstairs, you can enter through the side door only.
    That's pretty cool. I'm guessing it pays a fraction of the mortgage?
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      That's pretty cool. I'm guessing it pays a fraction of the mortgage?

My grandmother sold the house my grandfather paid off and bought this one.

No mortgage, we made money on the sale/buy.

They are just paying rent and utilities, so it's extra for my parents/grandmother.

Comment

My grandmother sold the house my grandfather paid off and bought this one.

No mortgage, we made money on the sale/buy.

They are just paying rent and utilities, so it's extra for my parents/grandmother.
        So what's the source of the financial problems?

Comment

So what's the source of the financial problems?

My dad doesn't work anymore. Can't find any job at all

Comment

My dad doesn't work anymore. Can't find any job at all
            What did he do?

Comment

What did he do?

printing, then he went into opening a business with some guy who put more $$ than my dad did so my dad worked there all week. The other owner said we weren't making money, so he can't pay him until they pay all of the bills.

My dad was worried, and it got all ****ed up.

Now my dad can't really go back into printing because it's very difficult.

Comment

What did he do?
                He ran that pizza joint with that shady partner that screwed him. Something like that. If I remember correctly, the partner needed a huge advance on the tax money which Moke's father didn't have, essentially forcing him to sell his share in the business to cover the expense,

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  He ran that pizza joint with that shady partner that screwed him. Something like that. If I remember correctly, the partner needed a huge advance on the tax money which Moke's father didn't have, essentially forcing him to sell his share in the business to cover the expense,

Pretty much did this, but his partner was pretty much a ******bag about all of it.

Comment

Pretty much did this, but his partner was pretty much a ******bag about all of it.
                    Yeah, I remember thinking that the partner was a huge ****.

Comment

printing, then he went into opening a business with some guy who put more $$ than my dad did so my dad worked there all week. The other owner said we weren't making money, so he can't pay him until they pay all of the bills.

My dad was worried, and it got all ****ed up.

Now my dad can't really go back into printing because it's very difficult.
                      Ouch, that sucks. I never understood the concept of buying a job, unless it's a slam-dunk deal.

Did the partner attempt to buy out your father's share at a lower rate? That's normally how those deals go down.

Comment

Yeah, I remember thinking that the partner was a huge ****.

He had a lot of $$ and my dad busted his arse over there

Comment

Ouch, that sucks. I never understood the concept of buying a job, unless it's a slam-dunk deal.

Did the partner attempt to buy out your father's share at a lower rate? That's normally how those deals go down.
                          Yeah, that's why my parents argue...because we all told my father not to do it.

And no, his partner just said what I told you

Comment

**** move.

I know a few successful restaurateurs. I hear a lot about people going in as minority partners, but still putting up a substantial amount (say, $100K). The business doesn't do well, primarily because the major shareholder/reputable restaurateur sits on his hands. Small shareholder can't get paid, and instead of lose his entire investment, he settles to be bought out at, say, 40 Gs.

60K in free money for the major shareholder, and then he buckles down to fix the business.

Comment

**** move.

I know a few successful restaurateurs. I hear a lot about people going in as minority partners, but still putting up a substantial amount (say, $100K). The business does no good, primarily because the major shareholder/reputable restaurateur sits on his hands. Small shareholder can't get paid, and instead of lose his entire investment, he settles to be bought out at, say, 40 Gs.

60K in free money for the major shareholder, and then he buckles down to fix the business.

Yeah, except that all of his investment is pretty much gone. My dad is looking into it.

Comment

Yeah, except that all of his investment is pretty much gone. My dad is looking into it.
                                Looking into it to do what?

Comment

Working...
                                X