Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    10 league teams are da best.
    Not really. But considering that the GMB league is your first FF league, how do you figure?
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Thanks for reminding me. I have to request my pool for this week's games.
      I don't even get what the issue was for people paying. It was $110 for the season, half due W1, the rest midseason. It included $50 weekly prize for high ($150 for perfect win, $100 for perfect loss), paid the top 4 spots at the end of the year, and included a banquet on Conference Championship Sunday.

Comment

Not really. But considering that the GMB league is your first FF league, how do you figure?
        I've been doing a lot of mock drafts..............
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• **** drafts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
            I don't even get what the issue was for people paying. It was $110 for the season, half due W1, the rest midseason. It included $50 weekly prize for high ($150 for perfect win, $100 for perfect loss), paid the top 4 spots at the end of the year, and included a banquet on Conference Championship Sunday.
            I don't work at the place I do the pools, but people buy in individually every week. It's always a solid pot, $150 or so. 4 picks, and if you hit all of them (you choose matchups + line), you win, or split with the other winners.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of mock drafts..............
              But you haven't actually played both leagues to compare the two. If it's about the quality of team, then it's only natural that the less teams there are, the more stacked you get.

Comment

But you haven't actually played both leagues to compare the two. If it's about the quality of team, then it's only natural that the less teams there are, the more stacked you get.
                Yes.

Comment

• ****ing corporate finance class!!!

Comment

I don't work at the place I do the pools, but people buy in individually every week. It's always a solid pot, $150 or so. 4 picks, and if you hit all of them (you choose matchups + line), you win, or split with the other winners.
                    The people in our pool were a collection of family, friends, and co-workers from all our various jobs. It peaked out at 120 members a handful of years ago, but we still had a nice draw last year with 50 or people.

It was whole year, though. And we picked every game. Most wins gets the $50, as a tie breaker we also picked total points for the MNF game, closest without going over won.

Oh, we also paid out low man for the year, too. Winning that honor got you your $110 back. However, to be eligible you had to make all of the picks for the year. If someone failed to pick any games for the week, they got low for the week less one game.

Comment

• FOOTBALL STARTS TOMORROW OH MY GOD YES.

Comment

• HELL YES!! I wonder if there will be a thread for the weekend games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                          HELL YES!! I wonder if there will be a thread for the weekend games?
                          Sure, in the general sports section.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            The people in our pool were a collection of family, friends, and co-workers from all our various jobs. It peaked out at 120 members a handful of years ago, but we still had a nice draw last year with 50 or people.

It was whole year, though. And we picked every game. Most wins gets the $50, as a tie breaker we also picked total points for the MNF game, closest without going over won.

Oh, we also paid out low man for the year, too. Winning that honor got you your $110 back. However, to be eligible you had to make all of the picks for the year. If someone failed to pick any games for the week, they got low for the week less one game.
                            Football pools were the only reason I got into football. I was always a "Giants fan," but I didn't give a **** until 2006, and that's because of football pools. I won $250 that year, i.e., two weeks, but I've been hooked since.

Comment

Sure, in the general sports section.

Awesome, I'll be there

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                                Awesome, I'll be there
                                Can you give me a ride to the general section?

Comment

Working...
                                X