Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Roosevelt (Brown) bring down Giants and Eli Manning in uniform lawsuit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Roosevelt (Brown) bring down Giants and Eli Manning in uniform lawsuit?

I'm sure some will see this as ironic while I just see it as something that needs clearing up already. I remember the black 79 sticker vividly as I was saddened to learn of Rosie's passing that season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-helmet-decal/
    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

the people who buy this stuff are foolish
    they do not understand what they are buying

here is the deal

Eli is crazy superstitious... he wears one helmet all season ... always has ... aside from the very rare occasion when he briefly changed to a revolution .

If this moron thinks he is actually getting a helmet worn while the clock was running during live snaps then he should educate himself on the players who's articles of uniform he seeks

the problem with this extremely tired case lies in what constitutes as "game worn"

and by law Eli can wear a helmet to throw the route tree with the receivers in warm ups and that constitutes as game worn by the contracts of companies like Steiner .

i deal with these people all the time

Eli is contractually obligated to give them a certain amount of gear per season and this specific rule makes it easy to meet that quota

this is not an Eli Manning issue ... this is an issue for whoever made these guidelines legal.... Eli is simply doing what he is asked to do .... nothing more

the helmet was 100% on Elis head on game day in uniform on the football field .... was in on his head while the clock was running ?

hell no !!!

Eli does not give up his actual game helmets.... they are all either in his possession or in the legacy club temporarily and will soon be back in his possession

i also know for a fact that Eli has never taken one cent form the proceeds of his sold equipment .... not one cent
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 06-29-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

here is the deal

Eli is crazy superstitious... he wears one helmet all season ... always has ... aside from the very rare occasion when he briefly changed to a revolution .

If this moron thinks he is actually getting a helmet worn while the clock was running during live snaps then he should educate himself on the players who's articles of uniform he seeks

the problem with this extremely tired case lies in what constitutes as "game worn"

and by law Eli can wear a helmet to throw the route tree with the receivers in warm ups and that constitutes as game worn by the contracts of companies like Steiner .

Eli is contractually obligated to give them a certain amount of gear per season and this specific rule makes it easy to meet that quota

this is not an Eli Manning issue ... this is an issue for whoever made these guidelines legal.... Eli is simply doing what he is asked to do .... nothing more

the helmet was 100% on Elis head on game day in uniform on the football field .... was in on his head while the clock was running ?

hell no !!!

Eli does not give up his actual game helmets.... they are all either in his possession or in the legacy club temporarily and will soon be back in his possession

i also know for a fact that Eli has never taken one cent form the proceeds of his sold equipment .... not one cent

Just curious, but how do you know that to be fact?
      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
        [/B]

Just curious, but how do you know that to be fact?
        Eli has stated it in multiple occasions and I know many of the people over at Steiner ... Eli does not take money from them

never has ... not one time

this guy Inselberg is completely full of **** as well .... he claims he owns the helmet Eli wore in SB 42 ... does anyone in their right mind believe that Eli does not have that helmet in his possession ?

please people .... please

Comment

I'm being told by people I know that this guy Inselberg is apparently seeking a ridiculous amount of money .... and get this .... a 2007 SB ring for his troubles

this guy is a ****ing idiot

he knows damn well how this game works and is basically running and extortion scheme right now

this guy is a famous collector ... he has been buying this stuff for years spending millions ... literally

he knows all about how it works
          Last edited by YATittle1962; 06-30-2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

here is the deal

hell no !!!

Good post. thanks for the insight. I mean each helmet is probably adjusted to the way a player wants, not just Eli. Like baseball gloves, helmets probably too. Tightness of the strap or the firmness of the inside of the helmet etc. etc.

Are they going to give a player a new item to be worn during the game every time he's on the sideline and then readjusting it to his liking just so that collectors can get their hands on them? T

I agree that these game worn items are probably, hey Eli, hey odell, wear this helmet/gloves when you play catch during warm up.

Comment

I've stated from the beginning of this silliness that unless and until the specific legal roles and responsibilities of the contracts are revealed and willful disregard for same is determined, this is much ado about nothing

A lawsuit by a rube who lost money at three card monte, lol. If you are desperate for this kind of thing, make friends with the laundry guy, I'm sure he'll give you all the used jockstraps to sniff that you could ever want.

Comment

Based on YA's comments, "game worn" doesn't in fact mean game worn. It means "tried on." And if the consumer is lucky there may be some perspiration stains or it might even smell like their favorite athlete.

While I have no interest in seeing the plaintiff win this case, I do believe, again based on YA's comments, that he certainly might since it's clear that customers are being sold fraudulent merchandise.

It's either game worn or it's not. Anyone calling it game worn should pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  Based on YA's comments, "game worn" doesn't in fact mean game worn. It means "tried on." And if the consumer is lucky there may be some perspiration stains or it might even smell like their favorite athlete.

While I have no interest in seeing the plaintiff win this case, I do believe, again based on YA's comments, that he certainly might since it's clear that customers are being sold fraudulent merchandise.

It's either game worn or it's not. Anyone calling it game worn should pay.
                  The issue is between the dealer and his customers. If Eli has a contract that stipulates what "game worn" is between him and the dealer, and the dealer mis-represents what "game worn" is to his customer it's on him, not Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Good post. thanks for the insight. I mean each helmet is probably adjusted to the way a player wants, not just Eli. Like baseball gloves, helmets probably too. Tightness of the strap or the firmness of the inside of the helmet etc. etc.

Are they going to give a player a new item to be worn during the game every time he's on the sideline and then readjusting it to his liking just so that collectors can get their hands on them? T

I agree that these game worn items are probably, hey Eli, hey odell, wear this helmet/gloves when you play catch during warm up.
                    that is exactly what it is ... a lot of receivers ... LB... D linemen etc ...all change gloves every drive for this reason

some guys even change jerseys at half time ... even cleats sometimes ...

the memorabilia game is insane ... and highly fraudulent

but what is specific here is the fact that Eli wears one helmet all season ... anyone heavy in the memorabilia game knows this ... Insenberg himself knows this .... that's what makes him a fraud

... and this whole thing is not something specific to the Giants ... all teams wear articles for warm ups that get sold as "game worn" .... the guidelines of selling the memorabilia make it legal

worn in uniform on game day on the field ... thats it ... nothing more

says nothing about the clock running or live snaps ... not at all

loopholes that make these companies a ton of money
                    Last edited by YATittle1962; 07-01-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

that is exactly what it is ... a lot of receivers ... LB... D linemen etc ...all change gloves every drive for this reason

some guys even change jerseys at half time ... even cleats sometimes ...

the memorabilia game is insane ... and highly fraudulent

but what is specific here is the fact that Eli wears one helmet all season ... anyone heavy in the memorabilia game knows this ... Insenberg himself knows this .... that's what makes him a fraud

... and this whole thing is not something specific to the Giants ... all teams wear articles for warm ups that get sold as "game worn" .... the guidelines of selling the memorabilia make it legal

worn in uniform on game day on the field ... thats it ... nothing more

says nothing about the clock running or live snaps ... not at all

loopholes that make these companies a ton of money
                      "Heavy into memorabilia" is a strange standard. A lot of end customers may NOT be "heavy into memorabilia" Some guy who sees an "Eli Manning game worn helmet" at some charity golf tournament is being defrauded in the scenario that you describe. And he's being defrauded by. among others, Eli Manning. He wears a helmet during warm ups and gives it to his people through his obligations.....that's he gets paid for. And it's all BS. It's a lie. "Game worn" means game worn. But it's a lie. And Eli has chosen to be a part of that lie, if what you say is true, and I have no doubt it is.

Some schmuck who pays through the nose for such a helmet is being defrauded. "Warm-up worn" is worth a hell of a lot less, but they still claim it's "game worn". If you are correct in your description of this incredibly corrupt business that these pro athletes have chosen to be a part of, all these athletes should be ashamed of themselves.
                      Last edited by Morehead State; 07-01-2017, 06:49 PM.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

"Heavy into memorabilia" is a strange standard. A lot of end customers may NOT be "heavy into memorabilia" Some guy who sees an "Eli Manning game worn helmet" at some charity golf tournament is being defrauded in the scenario that you describe. And he's being defrauded by. among others, Eli Manning. He wears a helmet during warm ups and gives it to his people through his obligations.....that's he gets paid for. And it's all BS. It's a lie. "Game worn" means game worn. But it's a lie. And Eli has chosen to be a part of that lie, if what you say is true, and I have no doubt it is.

Some schmuck who pays through the nose for such a helmet is being defrauded. "Warm-up worn" is worth a hell of a lot less, but they still claim it's "game worn". If you are correct in your description of this incredibly corrupt business that these pro athletes have chosen to be a part of, all these athletes should be ashamed of themselves.
                        Did you read YA's post where he said Eli has never taken one cent from these proceeds?
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Is it possible that a guy like Eli is relying on the team and/or the memorabilia people to tell him what qualifies as "game worn" in that industry? Suppose that Eli said "I only wear one helmet during the season, so I obviously can't give you a bunch of 'game worn' stuff during the season" and the memorabilia guy responded by saying "Don't worry - anything that has ever touched your head, even if not in an actual game, qualifies as 'game worn' in the memorabilia industry"?

Maybe a stretch, but possible ....

Comment

don't hate the player hate the game

these guys are just doing what they are asked to do

they are being pulled in a million directions by a million different companies and organizations asking for this asking for that ... they don't keep track of any of this

you seem to think they are in there rubbing their hands together all in on it ... not the case

its more ... here take this helmet ... take these gloves ... whatever .. ok give me those and put on what is in your locker

they put on the equipment they are provided ... they have no idea where the gear is going or what is being done with it after it comes off nor to they give a ****

they sign the deal with the company and that is the end of it for them ... they are not aware which piece of gear goes where or to whom when they take it off ... zero idea .... they have no idea what piece of gear is going toward the contract they signed ... and again they don't care

most of these guys don't take a cent from any of this ... and the ones who do have it inside the language of the contract that the proceeds go to their charity

I have never known a player who gave one single **** about where his gear goes once he takes it off ... not one

a lot of guys wear one helmet for an entire season ... some for multiple seasons ... beyond they they do not give a ****

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

Working...
                              X