Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Roosevelt (Brown) bring down Giants and Eli Manning in uniform lawsuit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

For real? Of all things to feel bad about in this world. C'mon...
    Feeling bad?

My only point was not everyone who purchases sports memorabilia is a scum bag that deserves to be ****ed over.

Apologies for not making that clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

If it makes you feel any better I would blame you too
      Then you agree with me that you would also blame the buyer.
      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Feeling bad?

My only point was not everyone who purchases sports memorabilia is a scum bag that deserves to be ****ed over.

Apologies for not making that clear.
        Still not clear on this. Are you talking about a common fan who purchases this stuff? They might have maturity or priority issues, which is a common flaw these days - but certainly doesn't make them a scumbag. Maybe they should assume that the person they're buying from is one, to do their research and not get ****ed over so easily.
        If you're (or someone else here) are talking about someone who buys and resells for a living or profit,then they don't know their job very well, if they get ****ed. I'm sure they probably just pass the ****, to the next schmuck.
        Either way, I don't read anything about the equipment or apparel not being NFL issued or quality, and it once resided at the team facility. These are not inferior quality knock-offs, like you hear about so many other goods. None of this is even court worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

Not at all.

Comment

Charitable contributions are tax deductible.

YA mentioned the charities. Seems like a convenient method to reduce their annual tax liability no?
            Well THAT'S cynical.

Why can't these players just be charatable?

Comment

• The lesson learned in this scandal is don't buy signed or game worn stuff from these memorabilia collectors.

I don't mean to sound like someone anti - memorabilia because I do love to collect giants gear... But to me the real value of owning a signed peice of equipment or jersey is when you get it signed by your favorite athlete himself!

I met Eli at training camp several years back and got him to sign a ball and jersey for me. I wouldnt trade that stuff in for anything.

And likewise if someone (even if I trusted them) had a similar experience and wanted to sell those to me.. I would have no to limited interest just because it loses that personal touch they I consider invaluable.

Comment

Caveat Emptor is a basic in any transaction, but that doesn't exempt the seller from being responsible for outright fraud (which I am not saying happened).
                Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

• I can't believe you guys are still talking about this when Preston Parker has an album out.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    I can't believe you guys are still talking about this when Preston Parker has an album out.
                    Really?...When did it "drop"?
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Well THAT'S cynical.

Why can't these players just be charatable?
                      They can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Really?...When did it "drop"?
                        Good one.
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Still not clear on this. Are you talking about a common fan who purchases this stuff? They might have maturity or priority issues, which is a common flaw these days - but certainly doesn't make them a scumbag. Maybe they should assume that the person they're buying from is one, to do their research and not get ****ed over so easily.
                          If you're (or someone else here) are talking about someone who buys and resells for a living or profit,then they don't know their job very well, if they get ****ed. I'm sure they probably just pass the ****, to the next schmuck.
                          Either way, I don't read anything about the equipment or apparel not being NFL issued or quality, and it once resided at the team facility. These are not inferior quality knock-offs, like you hear about so many other goods. None of this is even court worthy.
                          Yes, I am talking a typical Giants fan, not about people in the business.

As an example, while I am not an avid collector; I have accumulated a few signed items by Giants players over the years. Any time I attend a charitable event, I always keep an I out for Giants memorabilia.

At a recent event I "won" a DRC signed Giants football with an authenticity certificate issued by the Giants. According to some people in this thread, they could give a rat's *** if it's legitimate - placing the onus on the buyer.

I gave good money to a good cause, and I have no interest in investigating or researching whether or not this football is legit.

Comment

As an example, while I am not an avid collector; I have accumulated a few signed items by Giants players over the years. Any time I attend a charitable event, I always keep an I out for Giants memorabilia.

At a recent event I "won" a DRC signed Giants football with an authenticity certificate issued by the Giants. According to some people in this thread, they could give a rat's *** if it's legitimate - placing the onus on the buyer.

I gave good money to a good cause, and I have no interest in investigating or researching whether or not this football is legit.
                            Cool. But I didn't see anyone post that a fan buying gear is a "scumbag". I can see someone thinking a dealer could be.

Comment

Did you or are you going to pick up the value of the football as income?
                              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Did you or are you going to pick up the value of the football as income?
                                Are you really speedy? If so,.......how speedy?
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X