Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Roosevelt (Brown) bring down Giants and Eli Manning in uniform lawsuit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

    Cool. But I didn't see anyone post that a fan buying gear is a "scumbag". I can see someone thinking a dealer could be.
    The majority who commented have taken a caveat emptor approach which I don't necessarily agree with.

    Going back to Eli - Eli shouldn't be signing his name with "game used" written on it if it's not. It's really that simple.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by speedman View Post

      Did you or are you going to pick up the value of the football as income?
      Of course. Who wouldn't?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

        The majority who commented have taken a caveat emptor approach which I don't necessarily agree with.

        Going back to Eli - Eli shouldn't be signing his name with "game used" written on it if it's not. It's really that simple.
        there is a very simple aspect to these signings that you may not be aware of but happens at every single one of them

        when Eli ... or whoever ... shows up to a signing... be it public or private ... there is someone there assisting him usually from the organization running the event or from the memorabilia company itself ... and he literally hands Eli a card stating what to write on the items he is signing ... they are called inscriptions and they cost more

        he may hand him a card that says "SB MVP" or "#10" ... whatever ... every one of these inscriptions adds value to the piece

        Eli was handed a card that said what to write as an inscription and he wrote it ...

        you guys continue to have this distorted perception of how "involved" the player is

        when a player is handed a piece of gear to sign he has no idea where it came from and whether it was worn in a game or not ... they sign what they are told to sign and they go home .. that's it

        if you go to one of these signings and you want Eli to write anything more than his name and his number they company makes you pay extra

        Comment


        • Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

          there is a very simple aspect to these signings that you may not be aware of but happens at every single one of them

          when Eli ... or whoever ... shows up to a signing... be it public or private ... there is someone there assisting him usually from the organization running the event or from the memorabilia company itself ... and he literally hands Eli a card stating what to write on the items he is signing ... they are called inscriptions and they cost more

          he may hand him a card that says "SB MVP" or "#10" ... whatever ... every one of these inscriptions adds value to the piece

          Eli was handed a card that said what to write as an inscription and he wrote it ...

          you guys continue to have this distorted perception of how "involved" the player is

          when a player is handed a piece of gear to sign he has no idea where it came from and whether it was worn in a game or not ... they sign what they are told to sign and they go home .. that's it

          if you go to one of these signings and you want Eli to write anything more than his name and his number they company makes you pay extra
          That makes total sense and may certainly be the case.

          But of course the 3 plaintiffs have charged otherwise while the judge has allowed this case to proceed based on the evidence presented.

          I think it goes without saying that we would all be very happy if Eli and the Giants are exonerated.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

            Are you really speedy? If so,.......how speedy?
            Depends on the category you are talking about.
            Engage brain before speaking.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

              That makes total sense and may certainly be the case.

              But of course the 3 plaintiffs have charged otherwise while the judge has allowed this case to proceed based on the evidence presented.

              I think it goes without saying that we would all be very happy if Eli and the Giants are exonerated.
              indeed

              I'd love for this to just be over ...

              can't wait for football !!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

                indeed

                I'd love for this to just be over ...

                can't wait for football !!!
                Can a player just say no to any future involvement with this memorabilia stuff, once his rep has been muddied like this?

                This all stuff I've never thought about before - but since it's come up, it's now a chance to learn a little about it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                  Can a player just say no to any future involvement with this memorabilia stuff, once his rep has been muddied like this?

                  This all stuff I've never thought about before - but since it's come up, it's now a chance to learn a little about it.
                  of course they can ... but it is difficult and can look bad ...

                  this is pretty much their duty as a pro athlete ... it is how they most intimately connect with fans ...

                  people wait in line for hours and hours to get things signed ... its stupid and ridiculous to me

                  I waited at the Woodbridge mall for hours with my grandson to meet Burress is 2007 a few weeks before the SB ... there was a line longer than you can imagine and he never showed up.... or he canceled very late ... whatever ....

                  I have a friend who owns a sports store in a town near me called Sports Minded Unlimited and he has players sign there all the time ... a few times a month ... and when a signing is happening you can't even park on that entire street... tough to even drive down it because of all the cars parked

                  what I am saying is this is big business ... huge ... and if guys don't do it it can be a bad look

                  all of this controversy makes the entire game look stank ... it is not ... there are plenty of legit companies who hold legit signings and have legit merch ...

                  some tips for anyone interested in this stuff ...

                  if you buy a piece of equipment know that a COA means absolutely nothing ... zero ... nada ... the only thing that is worth anything is photomatch

                  google image the game it is supposed to be from and match up your item ...

                  my nephew is like a ****ing scientist when it comes to this ... he will find a thread hanging off a label ... a rub ... a stretch in the fabric ... a pull in the fabric ... the tiniest ****ing thing that no one would ever notice ...

                  he spends big money so he gets microscopic with it ... it is a passion for him ... but he knows every piece he owns is legit .. and his collection is worth a ridiculous amount of money

                  he has even corrected sellers and memorabilia companies on a large number of items

                  he will say ... this item is not from such and such game it is from bla bla bla ... and produce evidence ... and they are like ... oh!... yeah you're right

                  that is truly the only way to know

                  then there is getting it signed yourself ... take your piece to camp or to a public signing and get it signed ... watch him do it with your eyes

                  thats it ... the only fool proof plan ...

                  I personally don't understand the infatuation with all of this ... but I understand EVERYTHING about how it works because I have been involved in every single aspect of the memorabilia game for a very long time

                  Comment


                  • ^ And that's why it's great to have someone like you posting here. Thanks for the details. Funny about what you said about a "bad look" for a player resisting getting involved with this - yet how does Manning look to so many who will not hear the real story, right now? How did Burress look, to all those families standing in line for hours, when he was a no show?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                      ^ And that's why it's great to have someone like you posting here. Thanks for the details. Funny about what you said about a "bad look" for a player resisting getting involved with this - yet how does Manning look to so many who will not hear the real story, right now? How did Burress look, to all those families standing in line for hours, when he was a no show?
                      it was a bad look for Burress ... but the guy had some sort of excuse ... don't remember what it was ... some family sort of reason if I remember correctly so no one was too sore about it

                      funny this was that David Tyree was supposed to be with him ... at that point many Giant fans didn't even know who he was ... it would have been fun to watch the value of his signature skyrocket a few weeks later

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                        funny this was that David Tyree was supposed to be with him ... at that point many Giant fans didn't even know who he was ... it would have been fun to watch the value of his signature skyrocket a few weeks later
                        Imagine if Tyree had brought THE helmet with him, and let it go for a pittance because of being somewhat unknown...it could have changed history.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                          Imagine if Tyree had brought THE helmet with him, and let it go for a pittance because of being somewhat unknown...it could have changed history.
                          How would that be possible? THE helmet wasn't THE helmet then and it never would have been THE helmet if he sold it ....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                            How would that be possible? THE helmet wasn't THE helmet then and it never would have been THE helmet if he sold it ....
                            Yeah, it's a deep thought... but really, a different helmet might not have been fit for him the same, maybe it slips from Harrison's grip, who knows?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                              They can.
                              Then why do you belittle these charitable actions as "tax deductions"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                                The majority who commented have taken a caveat emptor approach which I don't necessarily agree with.

                                Going back to Eli - Eli shouldn't be signing his name with "game used" written on it if it's not. It's really that simple.
                                But how would he know? If it has game used written on it maybe he just thought it was.

                                Considering the fact that he is an nfl quarterback... I doubt the thing he is thinking about on Sundays is if his jersey is authentic or not.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X