Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Roosevelt (Brown) bring down Giants and Eli Manning in uniform lawsuit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

    But how would he know? If it has game used written on it maybe he just thought it was.
    I'm not going to speculate on how he would know, because I have no interest in proving his guilt or innocence. My comments are in line with what I've read in this lawsuit.

    Evidence has be entered into this lawsuit which suggests not only did he know, but he instructed the Giants equipment staff to falsify helmets to meet his obligations to Steiner Sports.

    But again, let me be clear on this because some people don't seen to get it. I personally am not accusing Eli of doing this.


    Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

    Considering the fact that he is an nfl quarterback... I doubt the thing he is thinking about on Sundays is if his jersey is authentic or not.
    No comment. I couldn't try and speak for Eli in that regard.



    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

      Then why do you belittle these charitable actions as "tax deductions"
      It's not about belittling charitable actions. It's simply acknowledging the tax benefits when we give to charities.
      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

        It's not about belittling charitable actions. It's simply acknowledging the tax benefits when we give to charities.
        Oh ok.
        ​​​​​​
        They way you said that made me think that you were trying to say the reason that these players donate their proceeds to charity was just to get tax breaks.

        All I'm trying to say is some of these players do actually care about these charities. As should everyone for that matter.
        Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

        Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

        My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

          I'm not going to speculate on how he would know, because I have no interest in proving his guilt or innocence. My comments are in line with what I've read in this lawsuit.

          Evidence has be entered into this lawsuit which suggests not only did he know, but he instructed the Giants equipment staff to falsify helmets to meet his obligations to Steiner Sports.

          But again, let me be clear on this because some people don't seen to get it. I personally am not accusing Eli of doing this.




          No comment. I couldn't try and speak for Eli in that regard.


          I'm not trying to say your accusing Eli.

          All I'm trying to say is if I am a nfl quarterback... I'm worried about getting pummeled by defensive linemen. With all the information that qbs have to process to succeed on the field their isn't too much room left to worry about authentication of jerseys... Especially if you literally have an equipment manager who's job it is to figure all this stuff out for you.
          Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

          Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

          My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

            Yes, I am talking a typical Giants fan, not about people in the business.

            As an example, while I am not an avid collector; I have accumulated a few signed items by Giants players over the years. Any time I attend a charitable event, I always keep an I out for Giants memorabilia.

            At a recent event I "won" a DRC signed Giants football with an authenticity certificate issued by the Giants. According to some people in this thread, they could give a rat's *** if it's legitimate - placing the onus on the buyer.

            I gave good money to a good cause, and I have no interest in investigating or researching whether or not this football is legit.

            I'd feel the same way. I frankly attend a lot of these types of events as well and for me, the idea is to donate the money. I never expect the swag - whatever it is - to have any real worth and I certainly do not make my decision to donate based on believing that it is any way authentic.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

              The majority who commented have taken a caveat emptor approach which I don't necessarily agree with.

              Going back to Eli - Eli shouldn't be signing his name with "game used" written on it if it's not. It's really that simple.

              I am not aware that he does. I don't know the process but I doubt that designation is on any item he signs. I'd say it goes the other way. He signs and the dealer calls it whatever he wants.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                But of course the 3 plaintiffs have charged otherwise while the judge has allowed this case to proceed based on the evidence presented.
                From a legal standpoint virtually nothing is more meaningless than this.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

                  But how would he know? If it has game used written on it maybe he just thought it was.

                  Considering the fact that he is an nfl quarterback... I doubt the thing he is thinking about on Sundays is if his jersey is authentic or not.

                  He isn't and at this point, no one here can say for sure if he is contractually liable to care about it or not.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

                    I'm not trying to say your accusing Eli.

                    All I'm trying to say is if I am a nfl quarterback... I'm worried about getting pummeled by defensive linemen. With all the information that qbs have to process to succeed on the field their isn't too much room left to worry about authentication of jerseys... Especially if you literally have an equipment manager who's job it is to figure all this stuff out for you.

                    Well that's the issue really: who is actually responsible for what.

                    There is no evidence of anything at this point. There is a lawsuit that contains allegations and documentation has been submitted in support of said allegations. That's a long, long way from proof of anything.

                    Yesterday I alleged that Morehead murdered my vat. I submitted a bloody knife in support of that allegation.

                    I'm pretty sure that try as i might, he is gonna keep posting here and my attempts to have him sent up the river for cat stabbing may not ever prove fruitful.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

                      Oh ok.
                      ​​​​​​
                      They way you said that made me think that you were trying to say the reason that these players donate their proceeds to charity was just to get tax breaks.

                      All I'm trying to say is some of these players do actually care about these charities. As should everyone for that matter.
                      You guys are missing the boat on this charitable deduction thing. If you read my post #31 it will clear it up.
                      Engage brain before speaking.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post


                        I am not aware that he does. I don't know the process but I doubt that designation is on any item he signs. I'd say it goes the other way. He signs and the dealer calls it whatever he wants.
                        19959409_1689496921061699_7434287526830117692_n.jpg?oh=68226cfbcd574d6761fdd37965600cd5&oe=5A08D66F.jpg
                        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

                          From a legal standpoint virtually nothing is more meaningless than this.
                          I'd agree except that every attempt by the NY Football Giants to have this lawsuit thrown out have failed.
                          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post


                            I'd feel the same way. I frankly attend a lot of these types of events as well and for me, the idea is to donate the money. I never expect the swag - whatever it is - to have any real worth and I certainly do not make my decision to donate based on believing that it is any way authentic.
                            Agreed.
                            Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by speedman View Post

                              If a player gets money for this it's income to him. If he decides to let the charity get the money he only gets a charitable deduction if he picks up the income, therefore it's a wash.
                              This doesn't clear it up that much. What do you mean by picks up the income?

                              The way I'm interpretating this is it's only a tax deduction if they let the charity get the money but report it as income anyway?

                              But if they report it as income how can you claim you let the charity get the money? And if you let the charity get the money how can you say that the player got the money?

                              Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

                              Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

                              My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

                              Comment



                              • I don't get the relevance of this.

                                I'd need more specific context around this photo to have any kind of opinion about what it might or might not mean.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X