This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Card Collector Thread

This will be a thread for NY Giant fans who collect football collector cards. This thread will be for any business concerning football card collectors.

I'm in the process of creating a spreadsheet in excel and I'm inputting all the cards in my case of 1991 Pacific Plus (not Series II).
    Specialty cards are gold bordered. These are probably the best looking card from this era.
    Last edited by giant-4-life; 08-10-2017, 06:15 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Here's a Jerry Ball Specialty card from the case. I also have a Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Jerry ball here and others. about 5

Comment

Most card dealers are getting ready to release their 2017 cards either this month or middle of September. Average price per case is $1,400. Boxes even go for average $80 - $150 a box depending on the card maker. I've been looking at Donruss 2017. I gave my son the entire case of cards and am inventorying them while he is at school

Comment

To be clear, we cannot allow sales or advertising sales of any kind on the boards.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
            Most card dealers are getting ready to release their 2017 cards either this month or middle of September. Average price per case is $1,400. Boxes even go for average $80 - $150 a box depending on the card maker. I've been looking at Donruss 2017. I gave my son the entire case of cards and am inventorying them while he is at school
            This comment wasn't promoting advertising rather what an investment would be for people curious about 2017 cards

Comment

Can we discuss prices? but not sales right? I never intended speaking about sales just what an investor might look to pay for investing in certain boxes/cases of cards in general

Comment

I wanted to clarify that UNTIL Roanokefan gets back to me, discussing prices on anything should be with held until I get clarification. I'm trying to "feel out" this situation because there is a difference between selling cards on here and discussing costs for boxes/cases of a certain brand of card

example #1 Most dealers are asking $xx.xx for a box of 2017 Panini cards versus,
                example #2 I have 5 Brett Farve cards for sale!

#2 is a breach of board rules certainly. While I'm looking for guidance from RoanokeFan on this matter.

-Chris

Comment

Ok, I clarification on this. There will be NO DISCUSSIONS about card prices. this would be wise as sales and what not could lead to legal issues.

SO ALL TALK OF SALES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. this includes prices

We can discuss things such as cards themselves, just leave prices and costs out!

Comment

Ok, I purchased a pack of 1991 Pacific Plus Series II cards in Virginia City.. I got a Brett Farve rookie in the one pack! what fortune!

the Front:

Comment

I'm in the process of creating a collection with 1991 Pacific Plus cards. I just plunked down some money for 1991 Pacific Plus Series II, ten boxes to be exact. I'll figure out how many Farve rookies I get. I'm guessing perhaps 3-4 plus the one I got from a pack in Virginia city last weekend.

The shop contacted me to tell me that they had only 1 box left and I got it
                      Last edited by giant-4-life; 09-01-2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I picked up an Evan Engram, Davis Webb, Gallman, 2 x Christian McCaffery, Kizer rookie cards today.

Comment

I'm taking the family to Virginia City again today, this evening, I'll scan those rookie cards and post them here. they are 2017 Panini's

Comment

As I promised, I scanned some of my 2017 rookies, I did find Evan Engram, Gallman and Webb in the mix

Comment

I also got TJ Watt's rookie card. not a bad pull after 2 boxes!

Comment

Working...
                              X