I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy
    started a topic I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

FOOTBALL NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW. BASKETBALL SEASON IS OVER. WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE?

• repeatchamps
    replied
    Holy cow, I found a ton of presets with my Fender Mustang Fuse membership that are all specific to David Gilmour and Pink Floyd. There's one that is called dg1 and it is exactly the type of preset you'd use for the song I posted here. I also found one for album Time, album Comfortably Numb, album Shine On You Crazy Diamond and two Pulse presets. There all mind-blowing to play.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 06-22-2013, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• repeatchamps
    replied
    Originally posted by byron View Post
    looked some other covers of the song.... boss distortion and delay gets mentioned alot.....If you can come close to doing Gilmores stuff you got to be pretty good.....good luck RC
    Thanks! I wouldn't say I am all that good. I have only been playing for a few years. However, I have listened to so much Floyd and so much Gilmour (almost 25 years of listening), I am able to play all the big solos pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied
    Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Yup, I've seen that site before and all about those set-ups. Clearly you would need a boat load of equipment to mimic him perfectly lol.
    looked some other covers of the song.... boss distortion and delay gets mentioned alot.....If you can come close to doing Gilmores stuff you got to be pretty good.....good luck RC

Leave a comment:

• repeatchamps
    replied
    Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Gilmour sounds like distortion & delay, the other dude added more, like a chorus or something.

Lots of ways to get that sound, I like to use an Ibanez tube screamer in front of a small tube amp. I think Gilmour used that setup sometimes and he also liked the Big Muff which i never tried.

Most of that sound comes from the fingers, heavy pick attack, lots of string bending.

Rock on Giant fans.
    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    def a good dose of gain with chorus but a deep chorus and not much rate mixed in. Also slight delay and heavily proccessed otherwise..
    Thanks guys. Gimaniac: I definitely bend the strings relentlessly and attack heavy when I play this particular solo. My fingers hate me for it afterwards but it is so friggin worth it just to hear yourself playing a Gilmour solo lol.

GameTime: I think I may need to bring the delay down a bit from where I have it when I play this solo. Too much of it seems to be screwing up the sound.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 06-22-2013, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• repeatchamps
    replied
    Originally posted by byron View Post
    I did a little research came acrossed this web page http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=22

here is another http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=2111 shows pictures of some of his set ups and tells how he used a lot of stuff to get his sound
    Yup, I've seen that site before and all about those set-ups. Clearly you would need a boat load of equipment to mimic him perfectly lol.

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied
    def a good dose of gain with chorus but a deep chorus and not much rate mixed in. Also slight delay and heavily proccessed otherwise..
    I did a little research came acrossed this web page http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=22

here is another http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=2111 shows pictures of some of his set ups and tells how he used a lot of stuff to get his sound
    Last edited by byron; 06-22-2013, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gimaniac
    replied
    Single coils Bro....come on
    SRV...Clapton.....Beck.....Oh yah me too...
    You forgot Leslie West, King of Tone, P90 Single Coil

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    Hey any of the guitar nuts in this thread, Morehead, Byron, Gimaniac, at the very end of this clip from about 5 minutes on, do you think Gilmour is using some sort of effect? I know how to play the ending but just can't quite nail the right effect to make it sound perfectly. I am close to nailing it but maybe I am off somewhere so I was wondering if any of you can figure out if there is some sort of effect Gilmour is using to hit those piercing notes at the end of the clip.

Here's a dude on youtube who covered it perfectly with what appears to be a non-fender guitar, go to about 1:20:

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Humbuckers rule, Gilmour knows not what he do, lol.
    Single coils Bro....come on
    SRV...Clapton.....Beck.....Oh yah me too...

Leave a comment:

• Gimaniac
    replied
    Hey any of the guitar nuts in this thread, Morehead, Byron, Gimaniac, at the very end of this clip from about 5 minutes on, do you think Gilmour is using some sort of effect? I know how to play the ending but just can't quite nail the right effect to make it sound perfectly. I am close to nailing it but maybe I am off somewhere so I was wondering if any of you can figure out if there is some sort of effect Gilmour is using to hit those piercing notes at the end of the clip.

Here's a dude on youtube who covered it perfectly with what appears to be a non-fender guitar, go to about 1:20:
    Gilmour sounds like distortion & delay, the other dude added more, like a chorus or something.

Lots of ways to get that sound, I like to use an Ibanez tube screamer in front of a small tube amp. I think Gilmour used that setup sometimes and he also liked the Big Muff which i never tried.

Most of that sound comes from the fingers, heavy pick attack, lots of string bending.

Rock on Giant fans.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue58
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    There's always the Boston Red Sox Rudy........Just submit your love to God's team.
    A NY Giants/ Boston Red Sox Fan??? What planet are you from anyway???

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied

Idk maybe some eco or reverb.....the second clip seems like its heavy on the reverb maybe some distortion just a guess definatly think second clip is using something....Gilmore not so sure.....maybe sustane
    Last edited by byron; 06-21-2013, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• repeatchamps
    replied
    Lol. I like the humbuckers too. Either way it is heavenly to play Gilmour's solos. He is a legendary guitar god.

Last edited by repeatchamps; 06-21-2013, 10:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlueAllDay
    replied
    There's an NHL finals (bruins vs. blackhawks), MLB baseball, tennis, and soccer. Plenty of sports to go. You can always re-watch any of the Giant's superbowl runs and greatest games on dvd/blu-ray as well to bridge into the upcoming season.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 06-21-2013, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X