Eliís selfishness called into question by Richard Neer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliís selfishness called into question by Richard Neer

Likens Eliís refusal to help the team to his refusal to accept his draft selection.

Instead of showing appreciation and gratitude for all the Giants have done for him, his move made the Giants look terrible and got the coach and GM fired.

Again, his words not mine, but it is something to think about.

This guy has ever taken a snap in the NFL and his opinion weighs as much as every single QB who gave their opinion.

Is there even a QB past or present that echoed the same opinion as this radio dude?

Comment

Who?

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post
        Who?
        Does it really matter?

Comment

That's Bull ! Ben and Jerry were dead men walking. Eli just showed more class then anybody in the organization expected. Mara feared the revolution that was about to happen at the stadium this Sunday. That's why Ben and Jerry were fired at this time. It was damage control.

Eli didn't know what Mara was going to do. He's got more class than me I would have started the last 5 games to keep the streak alive and seen what happens in the off season. The ovation Eli gets should be earth shattering. Even I'm wearing a Manning jersey this Sunday and I wouldn't wear any NFL gear this season.

Comment

Eli did not get GM and HC fired. They did with their work performance.

Comment

Well what exactly did Eli say?

He said he didn't want to keep the streak alive artificially by playing a half and then sitting....He didn't want to cheapen it.

He said he wanted to start and keep playing ... go find an NFL QB that doesn't want that.

What got McAdoo and KR fired was that Ben decided to bench Eli, not for a potential future starter, but for a mediocre back-up QB who has no role in the future of the team. All for the sake of the coach's ego to prove it wasn't his offense that was broken. Even though it's evident that it still is.
              All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Eli shouldíve shut his mouth and did his job heís currently being overpaid to do. If Iím not mistaken you do what the coaches say. Eli couldíve avoided all this drama if he just did his job whether he liked it or not. Instead he declined to do his job and told the Giants to announce it like a drama queen.

There are plenty of players who was demoted or asked to play part time and they did it whether they liked it or not. Eli shouldíve done the same. Heís a selfish ***** and I canít wait for him to be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post

He said he didn't want to keep the streak alive artificially by playing a half and then sitting....He didn't want to cheapen it.

He said he wanted to start and keep playing ... go find an NFL QB that doesn't want that.

What got McAdoo and KR fired was that Ben decided to bench Eli, not for a potential future starter, but for a mediocre back-up QB who has no role in the future of the team. All for the sake of the coach's ego to prove it wasn't his offense that was broken. Even though it's evident that it still is.
                  Agree with this, but I think it was a culmination of things for Reese. He hits on some picks, but has some real duds as well. The contracts of JPP and Eli as well as the FA signings were the biggest factor IMO.
                  For Ben, it just didn't work. He's supposed to be an offensive guy, but points in the high flying NFL have become scarcer than silver quarters for the Giants. Yes, some of this falls squarely on Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post

There are plenty of players who was demoted or asked to play part time and they did it whether they liked it or not. Eli shouldíve done the same. Heís a selfish ***** and I canít wait for him to be gone.
                    Can you name those qbs that were in Eli's position that agreed to the proposal that FO gave him?? I'll wait..............

Comment

Eli shouldíve shut his mouth and did his job heís currently being overpaid to do. If Iím not mistaken you do what the coaches say. Eli couldíve avoided all this drama if he just did his job whether he liked it or not. Instead he declined to do his job and told the Giants to announce it like a drama queen.

Bring on the clowns.
                      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post

There's always a way to spin things. Clearly this is one of them. Eli is a selfish ***** had he agreed to the foolish proposal and Eli is well a "Selfish *****" since he didn't wanna play only 1 half. Eli can't win with some no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Eli can't win with some no matter what.
                          Well we're 2-9 with him at QB so yes......Eli can't seem to win.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Um.

Who? :O

Comment

the players should do what the coachers or the owners say. go tell the kneelers that !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X