Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anything ever come out of Vernon's comment about the fans last week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sundown View Post

Discussing the scope of police brutality will be well beyond the scope of discussion on this thread. Police brutality runs deep for many generations in the black community. I do agree w you on the social welfare program etc. I also think the act in kneeling is greatly misunderstood. I think if people would sit down with a group of African americans and learn why they do it, they would at least understand why we do it. If the person still doesn't agree, they at least attempted to learn.
    I agree, this is not the forum to discuss this. If you would like to discuss it through PM, I'd be happy to. I like to get different points of view. Too often we are left with options of either discussing things in echo chambers or trolling someone else's echo chamber; neither of which appeal to me. Well....trolling can be fun sometimes; but ultimately pointless beyond personal amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

I agree, this is not the forum to discuss this. If you would like to discuss it through PM, I'd be happy to. I like to get different points of view. Too often we are left with options of either discussing things in echo chambers or trolling someone else's echo chamber; neither of which appeal to me. Well....trolling can be fun sometimes; but ultimately pointless beyond personal amusement.
      Ive sent an invite to Rosie. maybe we can get a group private message and discuss

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Just remember that just because someone is against their protest, doesn't mean they are against what they are trying to accomplish.
        I feel this statement goes a very long way in describing why there is such a degree of diversion. When I returned from Indo-China to find certain methods of protests (e.g. flag burning) I was appalled. Not because I disagreed with the message sent (that being we were usurping the yellow man and needlessly killing many). To the contrary, having seen it first hand, I was in total agreement with, and supported the cause, but could not bring myself to agree with the method(s) used.

To each his own, but it seems logical one can support the cause without supporting the method.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post

Ive sent an invite to Rosie. maybe we can get a group private message and discuss
          Sounds like a good idea, can you add me to the group?

Comment

Working...
          X