Giants failed to investigate Eli Manning memorabilia scam: suit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants failed to investigate Eli Manning memorabilia scam: suit

"Giants co-owner John Mara testified that e-mails about Eli Manningís alleged game-worn gear scheme were troubling enough that he would have investigated if he knew about them ó but new court papers allege that the teamís in-house lawyer turned a blind eye to evidence against the star quarterback.

Mara also said during a deposition that heís never asked the two-time Super Bowl MVP about a blockbuster email in which the teamís equipment manager wrote that a Manning helmet and jersey offered for sale as game-worn were ďBS ones,Ē the filing says."

"Mara, Manning and others, including the Steiner Sports memorabilia company, face a March civil-racketeering trial over allegations by memorabilia dealer Eric Inselberg that they schemed to pass off phony game-worn Manning equipment as real.

During pre-trial questioning, Mara was confronted with the Aug. 31, 2008 email from equipment manager Joe Skiba, according to court papers filed by Inselberg in New Jersey Superior Court on Friday."

https://nypost.com/2018/02/11/giants...lia-scam-suit/

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

I thought this was ancient history!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
      I thought this was ancient history!
      It is,people .

Comment

defiantly seems like a cover up , i think it was more skibba though.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

It is,people .
          I guess you didnt read the article.

The trial is scheduled to begin next month.

Comment

This whole part of the industry really turns me off......."dealers" pushing kids outta the way to get autographs and hock the stuff for an astronomical prices.....see it all the time at camps and events.....it's pathetic.....this seems slightly different but if one of these dealers got shafted then it's karma in my opinion. The only one I'd potentially feel sorry for in this whole situation is a kid who got passed off what he thought was a genuine article and it wasn't.

Comment

I had forgotten about this memorabilia story. Well, the truth, or some version of the truth, will come out during the trial.
              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Wow...NY media really likes Eli, to let this go. if it was a Jets QB, it would still be talked about. I guess Eli has paid it forward, with all of his chritable efforts, so nobody is willing to throw him under the bus.

except, victor Cruz
                Long Live the King

Comment

It's pretty obvious something fishy was going on when you see the emails and stuff.

At least he was prosperous over Brady in the SB twice.
                  http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

I bet there are a few oddballs who wanted to buy Eliís jockstrap, but got Ryan Nassibs instead.

Comment

I find it very odd that people want to spend tons of money for something someone else wore.
                      sigpic #80

Comment

I - like everyone here - have absolutely no facts about this situation at all, but Iíve got an opinion anyway.

The team will pay this guy because the league does not want this to spread. The NFL is the only one of the big three leagues with no custody controls over memorabilia. The league takes no position, thus leaving it to the teams to manage, who donít seem to care so they leave it to the equipment guy who makes a cottage industry of it.

Between throwing money at this suit or being revealed once again as a Mickey Mouse organization when it comes to law, order and control, the league will throw money at it. Stated more correctly, the league will make the Giants throw money at it.

Comment

would be ashame if Eli has tarnish on his record with bull**** like this. Or I guess if his resume' gets tarnished its not so bad if its bull**** like this.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

If it was official Giants gear, just not WORN during a game, will someone please explain to me what in the blue **** the crime is?
                            Theyíre suing for what.........custody of Eliís ball sweat??????
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              If it was official Giants gear, just not WORN during a game, will someone please explain to me what in the blue **** the crime is?
                              Theyíre suing for what.........custody of Eliís ball sweat??????
                              I can't explain why someone would want game worn jerseys, but if they pay for them, then they should get what they paid for, not fake items.

"I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Working...
                              X