No announcement yet.

Giants failed to investigate Eli Manning memorabilia scam: suit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you where to find 100% authenticated previously worn. The Goodwill.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

The judge has thrown out some of the charges but not all. And I don't think this is just about 1 guy. Last I read the Giants are being sued by 4 guys.
      Bottom line Its bogus nothing will come of It. Mark My words. Don't you think If the Giants were possibly losing Eli to Either Jail time or suspension we would be looking at a contingency plan like Kirk Cousins? And I don't mean drafting a QB at # 2 over all we are doing that anyway I mean Signing a vet in case Eli gets in trouble? Why aren't any real news papers reporting this and Finally I didn't here anything on this on WFAN?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

The lawsuit is real. There is no dispute about that.

And I believe a judge did make a ruling to allow the suit to continue. Does that count?
        Why aren't any real papers reporting It or WFAN? and what I wrote above. Just saying you guys are right and Eli, Mara, and Skiba get found Guilty what happens to all three and why are only the Post and Daily News reporting It not real papers like The Times and WFAN?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

lease tell me there is no man out there doing the same thing with Eli's worn equipment, that he would be doing with Pamela's panties.
          haha , well i wouldnt be surprised by the love around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

Why aren't any real papers reporting It or WFAN? and what I wrote above. Just saying you guys are right and Eli, Mara, and Skiba get found Guilty what happens to all three and why are only the Post and Daily News reporting It not real papers like The Times and WFAN?
            where have you been this is a real story not tabloid news.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/13/ne...-roger-goodell sports illustrated

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.f8e9d2c13bd6 wash post

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017...ng-suspension/ usa today/ foxsports reference

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

Bottom line Its bogus nothing will come of It. Mark My words. Don't you think If the Giants were possibly losing Eli to Either Jail time or suspension we would be looking at a contingency plan like Kirk Cousins? And I don't mean drafting a QB at # 2 over all we are doing that anyway I mean Signing a vet in case Eli gets in trouble? Why aren't any real news papers reporting this and Finally I didn't here anything on this on WFAN?
              No jail time for a civil lawsuit. I guess the NFL could enforce some kind of suspension but who knows. It's way too early to speculate.

My guess would be they settle instead of going to court.

Comment

You're right. It's written in an ambiguous way. And their argument undoubtedly will be that Eli certified that the helmet was used during the 2011 season and that he signed it "game used", period. No where does he certify he wore it during a game however reasonable that assumption would be due to him writing "game used" on it.

But is that the document provided for the supposed fraudulent Super Bowl helmet? Because that document clearly does not state the helmet was worn during the Super Bowl game. I don't see a case being built on that.
                My assumption is that he Giants and Eli are waiting to make motions to either dismiss their cases or sever the cases.

Seriously...did Mara have any reason to care about this at all?
                That sounds awful, but it looks like everyone was operating outside of the realm of their employment, and the Giants made nothing on any of these transactions, as far as I can see.

Morally...yes. Not so sure he legally did.

And I assume Eli's lawyer will argue something along the lines of, "I have no idea what this guy represented them to be, I only know what I told him they were"

Again...morally, yes.

Comment

lol.

Not even a clarification on what a catch is?
                  Well, that would be nice. But I’m a realist so my expectations are very low.

And by by low I mean I have zero expectations.

Comment

No jail time for a civil lawsuit. I guess the NFL could enforce some kind of suspension but who knows. It's way too early to speculate.

My guess would be they settle instead of going to court.
                    I read today the Giants are looking to postpone the court case until June. This could give them more time to settle, but I'd think they would want to wrap this up sooner. What if there is a suspension, and they haven't looked into a vet backup?

Comment

Working...
                    X